By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare working on multiple Xbox 720 games

selnor said:
Galaki said:
Nintendo also working on multiple WiiU games.

Rumour has it that Sony already also working on multiple PS4 games.

i think you miss why this is amazing news.

Rare are taking seriously action/adventure and FPS games again. Core games being made by Rare, who have been hiring great talent lately. Oh man and new IP's.

Microsoft are allowing them to rebuild their name it looks like.

Cmon Rare you can do this. New platform/adventure IP's and perhaps a  really nice follow up to Jet Force Gemini or Banjo 3 wouldd be ace. O and KI please.

lol Im laughing because I dont want to cry next year if you're wrong. People have been hyping up Rare for years on this site and nothing has come from it except for Kinect and Xbox Live.

Around the Network
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

Really exciting times as am Xbox fan.

e3 2013 is gonna be Microsofts best ever.

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

Thats respective anyway you look at it.

The fact Halo 4 was shown this year won it for me. I could only play Halo 4 this year and it would be the best year in gaming. ( As long as its not somehow trash )

But next year could be amazing with a new console, some launch games shown and possible new IP's from variious new Microsoft studios formed over the lasst 2 yeears. Now Rare working new IP's in the FPS aand action/adventure genres.

Really good time for Xbox gamers going into next generation.

Then you dont expect much from them except Halo. Thats all that it means and we dont know if the 720 or the PS4 are coming next year. Microsoft really needs to launch their next gen console though because their development capacity is horrid, save for Halo and Forza now (which is all thats left of first party). Gears is paid for and in the bag...which isnt going to be a stretch from part 3. The way Microsoft is ending this gen it makes me fear for the start of next gen. As I said before, lets hope they prove me wrong because they've proven me right for four years now. 343 is the brightest spot in all the Xbox has to offer and some of the employees used to work for Sony and EA. This is probably why Halo has taken such a dramatic shift in style.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Galaki said:

Rare are taking seriously action/adventure and FPS games again. Core games being made by Rare, who have been hiring great talent lately. Oh man and new IP's.

Cmon Rare you can do this. New platform/adventure IP's and perhaps a  really nice follow up to Jet Force Gemini or Banjo 3 wouldd be ace. O and KI please.

lol Im laughing because I dont want to cry next year if you're wrong. People have been hyping up Rare for years on this site and nothing has come from it except for Kinect and Xbox Live.

I agree totally. I am the biggest critic of how Microsoft have wasted tte IP'ss Rare have ( well now Microsoft own them ). Conker could be massive for MS with its adult content. Banjo 3 would be fantastic if done in the same vein as the originals. It may not get 11 m sales like Halo, but good platform adventures would definately attract some old Ninty zealots who loved Conker, Jet Force Gemini or Banjo. Killer Instinct etc.

This is te first time we have seen Rare hiring more new staff for making FPS andd action/adventure since 2004. That iss great news. Very very good news indeed.

Rare have had some great talent go their tis last year.

LOL imagine if thats where Cliffy goes. After all hes showed interest in making games outside of shooters lately.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

The fact Halo 4 was shown this year won it for me. I could only play Halo 4 this year and it would be the best year in gaming. ( As long as its not somehow trash )

But next year could be amazing with a new console, some launch games shown and possible new IP's from variious new Microsoft studios formed over the lasst 2 yeears. Now Rare working new IP's in the FPS aand action/adventure genres.

Then you dont expect much from them except Halo. Thats all that it means and we dont know if the 720 or the PS4 are coming next year. Microsoft really needs to launch their next gen console though because their development capacity is horrid, save for Halo and Forza now (which is all thats left of first party). Gears is paid for and in the bag...which isnt going to be a stretch from part 3. The way Microsoft is ending this gen it makes me fear for the start of next gen. As I said before, lets hope they prove me wrong because they've proven me right for four years now. 343 is the brightest spot in all the Xbox has to offer and some of the employees used to work for Sony and EA. This is probably why Halo has taken such a dramatic shift in style.

I disagree. I  think its the best time. We have been watching MS make new studios for 2 years. We know and ave been told they are working on new IP's and game engines. The fact we didnt see anything the last E3 from any of the 4 new studios after some being formed 2 years ago screams they are concentrating on next generation.

This generation Microsoft didnt need to worry about loads of new IP's. Sony effectively made te first 3 years to easy for MS as they found their own form. This allowed MS quite a cheap generation as they could lure 3rd parties at a much lower cost than have there own studios create new games. Essentially this is why its taken till Gears 3, Forza 4/Horizon and Halo 4 to really show what tthe system is capable of.

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Galaki said:

I agree totally. I am the biggest critic of how Microsoft have wasted tte IP'ss Rare have ( well now Microsoft own them ). Conker could be massive for MS with its adult content. Banjo 3 would be fantastic if done in the same vein as the originals. It may not get 11 m sales like Halo, but good platform adventures would definately attract some old Ninty zealots who loved Conker, Jet Force Gemini or Banjo. Killer Instinct etc.

This is te first time we have seen Rare hiring more new staff for making FPS andd action/adventure since 2004. That iss great news. Very very good news indeed.

LOL imagine if thats where Cliffy goes. After all hes showed interest in making games outside of shooters lately.

The problem with Microsofts development prowess is because of the fact that they dont care about their characters, stories unless they have been successful. Its like asking a businessman to stop crunching numbers and act like an artist. Microsofts response to that would be, "Thats what I pay you to do, just make sure it finds a proper market and sells". Conker is a great game and in this day and age could definitely sell, but only a fan could see the value of a game that got shitty marketing from Nintendo and tanked. I hope you're right though and I am wrong.

Around the Network

I wouldnt expect much Rare is dead. All there talented developers left.

Actually, Rare delivered some great games this gen. It is just that somehow Nintendo and Sony fans unite to bash the hell out of those games. Nintendo fans still can't believe Rare is not theirs any longer and Sony fans love to criticise MS first party anyway.

Kameo
Banjo Nuts n Bolts
Kinect Sports
Viva Pinata
Perfect Dark Remake
Banjo remakes

were all really good games. Perfect Dark Zero was bad though.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Galaki said:

The problem with Microsofts development prowess is because of the fact that they dont care about their characters, stories unless they have been successful. Its like asking a businessman to stop crunching numbers and act like an artist. Microsofts response to that would be, "Thats what I pay you to do, just make sure it finds a proper market and sells". Conker is a great game and in this day and age could definitely sell, but only a fan could see the value of a game that got shitty marketing from Nintendo and tanked. I hope you're right though and I am wrong.

I wouldnt say they dont care. Of course game companiees make games to make money. They have to. Otherwise its BUST.

Banjo cann be a nice success. A nice 3-4 million seller if its done properly. A proper Perfect Dark 2. With proper AAA budget could also bring in 3-4 million.

I bet originally Microsoft wanted Kinect, and the best studio available to do it that MS had was Rare. Unfortunately that killed Rare for along tiime.

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:

I disagree. I  think its the best time. We have been watching MS make new studios for 2 years. We know and ave been told they are working on new IP's and game engines. The fact we didnt see anything the last E3 from any of the 4 new studios after some being formed 2 years ago screams they are concentrating on next generation.

This generation Microsoft didnt need to worry about loads of new IP's. Sony effectively made te first 3 years to easy for MS as they found their own form. This allowed MS quite a cheap generation as they could lure 3rd parties at a much lower cost than have there own studios create new games. Essentially this is why its taken till Gears 3, Forza 4/Horizon and Halo 4 to really show what tthe system is capable of.

The reason I am not responding as well to what you're saying (and its not your fault, trust me) is because Microsoft has had various attempts at using their studios to make projects and failed. They have more studios than Sony but Sony is still pumping out more and expanding the landscape for the way we play games by actually endorsing and publishing with indy companies that have vision. XBLA is cool but its a coverup for a lack of retail games and MS knows it. The profit is huge coming from the community Microsoft has built and they've grown complacent with it. As a creative entity they are complacent, but as a business they a bloody brilliant (which scares me for the "sanctity" of gaming in the eyes of gamers).  As many games as XBLA has had none are varied in experience of the top games on it can match the experience many have had with Flower, Journey, Dead Nation (which had far more depth an things to do than Deadlight) and I am sure Unfinished Swan will be next in line. Most of the games are multiplat anyway, so I think Microsoft should pay attention to what really matters to gamers. Again, lets hope next gen they fix this issue because new IP's or not they all die and all we're ever left with is Halo, one other game and a racing title. Last gen is was PGR, this time its forza. Fable you have to admit, sales aside, that company was creatively bankrupt and the destruction of the team from within in the failure to turn Fable into the game they bragged about hurts them but the consumers wallets. 

DirtyP2002 said:
Actually, Rare delivered some great games this gen. It is just that somehow Nintendo and Sony fans unite to bash the hell out of those games. Nintendo fans still can't believe Rare is not theirs any longer and Sony fans love to criticise MS first party anyway.

Kameo
Banjo Nuts n Bolts
Kinect Sports
Viva Pinata
Perfect Dark Remake
Banjo remakes

were all really good games. Perfect Dark Zero was bad though.

Seriously, do you believe those games were on par with Rare quality when they are partnered with Nintendo?