By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare working on multiple Xbox 720 games

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its also too late for Microsoft to bring back Goldeneye, which Nintendo already did.

Perfect Dark was a better game in everyway than Goldeneye on the N64.  The latest Goldeneye was pretty standard. It lost alot of the charm the N64 game had. It was much more gun ho.

As for Zero. That game lost everything that made Perfect Dark great. WTF was up with Zeros story. Seriously.

Perfect Dark much like other multiplayer shooters are good, but not great respective of the time. Goldeneye was a great game that was wayyyyy ahead of the curve and was a sign FPS would soon dominate consoles. Goldeneye opened Pandora Box, Halo kept the door open and Perfect Dark was ok after that. COD stole everyones thunder this gen though.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
selnor said:
Great news. I firmly believe Micrrosoft is aiming for a broad high quality lineup next gen with new IP's.

Really exciting times as am Xbox fan.

e3 2013 is gonna be Microsofts best ever.

lol Microsoft already nailed a hat trick for most disappointing E3's done consecutively. They better not screw this up because the core gamers watch E3 and we know better. The casuals only respond to their marketing so they take things as they come without expectation. This is why Microsoft hasnt cared to impress us at E3.

Because nobody except casual gamers care about this gen anymore...

Microsoft needs to impress next gen if they want to suceed with Hardcore once again and they want... thats why in the firs 2/3 years Sony will be demolished by Microsoft just like Vita is being with 3DS.

Mar k my words and put on your sig, it will happen.

I highly doubt it, with the Amount of IP's Sony has built this gen returning next gen and possibly will gens later. Sony will be creating a higher variety in games meant for gamers. The Xbox 720 will probably retain its ability to be the shooter box though, it's held that card for two generations and they are still better than Sony at it. Thats the only thing though, but luckily for them its strong enough to sell in America.

DirtyP2002 said:
Looking at the guys responding - it just proves me right. Oh the irony.
Have you guys played Kameo, Nuts n Bolt or, Kinect Sports? Probably not.

I liked Rare games back then, but I like their games today as well.

This thread is good news. PERIOD. Accept it and leave the thread if you have nothing to add.

It is just awesome how STAGE managed to derail another thread, Turkish comes in to spam and the mods on VGC are like: "Yeah, another day on VGC. Looking good."

Waiting fpr pezus though. He is late today.

If Kameo is the highest expectation you can have of Rare, you deserve what you're getting. As far as Im concerned Rare is Dead. Microsoft owns the company and their library. Rare was more than their library, Rare created new IP's and created hit after hit while the games being different from the first. They went genre after genre. They never truly stuck to one genre and became known for it. Their output still has no equal in variety. 

Kinect Sports: season three confirmed

Nintendo and PC gamer

Hopefully Microsoft finally lets them make Kameo 2--the original is so under-appreciated :(

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I knew some folks(not saying all) in this thread would somehow spin this into a bad thing because...
1:It's Rare, so have to continue bring up how "crappy" they are now.
2:It's relating to MS 1st party and their exclusives so, it's only natural to hate.

smroadkill15 said:

I knew some folks(not saying all) in this thread would somehow spin this into a bad thing because...
1:It's Rare, so have to continue bring up how "crappy" they are now.
2:It's relating to MS 1st party and their exclusives so, it's only natural to hate.

Lets hope the future backs up your faith.

Rare is not the same Rare that we all knew and loved. This news means almost nothing to me. Moving along...

(Sigh I miss Rare) :(

It's a good indicator of their intent, now we need to see if they pull it off.

I wish them best of luck.

im expecting

Kinect Sports3 as nextbox launch title
kinect sports 4
and kinect sports 5

Yahoooooo >_>
YOU LOST ME A LONG TIME AGO RARE