By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 7 incredible personal stories about Romney that you may not know

sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:
sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:

Yeah... unless the anxiety attacks, panic attacks, loss of reality and paranoid delusion cause you to have a heart attack or any other number of deadly side effects....

I mean... use some common sense here.

Still not buying it.  I can't come up with any related death from the withdrawal.  If she was going to die then she would have probably died at the rave or hours after it not days later.  You die from intake of the drug not from withdrawal symptoms.  Him flying all the workers to NYC, setting up a command post, getting news involved sounds like it would take at least 2-3 days after she took the drug. 

So in otherwords, you continue to keep judging a situation which you know nothing about.... using a medical case... you know nothing about...  disregarding the statement of the doctor who treated her over something you read on google.

If her doctors said "She probably would of died if she didn't make it to the hospital in another day."

I'm gonna take there word for it personally.

I can also judge it by the other bullshit stories like him saving the people from drowning.  So they didn't have life jackets on a boat, they didn't know how to swim, and there were no other boats around to help (which later it states that other people were helping).  I consider this blown out of proportion.  Sure he is perhaps a nice guy or did some decent things but it isn't like he ran into a building that was on fire and saved a baby.  I am not trying to downplay entirely what he did but I am not going to act like he is some kind of hero which this story is trying to make him into.

Where did you pull those doctor quotes from?  I don't see them anywhere in the article. Okay, I see after clicking on three different links.  So she was overdosing not having withdrawals.  You see words matter a lot especially when it comes to drugs.  So she was overdosing in another teen's basement who apparently didn't have any adult supervision.  Perhaps if she and her friend weren't so stupid they would have at least went to the hospital.  So don't try and  jump on me when the article is poorly written.  There is a big difference between overdose and withdrawal.  Now, I am expecting you to tell me that the people on the boat that were about to "drown" were all limbless.

I tried explaining to you that the article was poorly written, but I was not to be believed evidently :)

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Kantor said:

I don't think anybody has ever said that.

Indeed, if you look at Obama vs Romney ads, the Romney ads attack Obama for being well-intentioned but wrong. The Obama ads attack Romney for being evil, hating poor people, and so on.

This started long before Obama came to office and has been occurring around the world ...

Essentially, conservatives believe that progressives are wrong while progressive people think conservatives are evil; and the progressives will rarely notice how their distain for conservatives poison the debate.

I think it would be fair to say that both sides are pretty equally guilty of this.  

HappySqurriel said:
Kantor said:

I don't think anybody has ever said that.

Indeed, if you look at Obama vs Romney ads, the Romney ads attack Obama for being well-intentioned but wrong. The Obama ads attack Romney for being evil, hating poor people, and so on.

This started long before Obama came to office and has been occurring around the world ...

Essentially, conservatives believe that progressives are wrong while progressive people think conservatives are evil; and the progressives will rarely notice how their distain for conservatives poison the debate.

Well, there is some rhetoric that progressives hate rich people and just want to be given money to do nothing, so it's on both sides.

But Romney never seems to stoop to that.

Obama ad-hominem attacks Romney.

Romney acknowledges that Obama wants what is best for most Americans, but that he is misguided about it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gergroy said:

I tried explaining to you that the article was poorly written, but I was not to be believed evidently :)

Yep, I should have listened.  Amazing what one word off can do to an article.  I've probably been watching too much Daily Show and Colbert Report so I just couldn't take any good news of Mitt at face value.  Mitt is probably a pretty decent human being.  I won't give him hero status but he does have a heart.   

theprof00 said:
The milk one is really odd.
He says maybe the patients should learn to milk cows as a joke, then does nothing, and when a paper comea out calling the gaffe (though a little over the top) he then calls them and then increases funding to a public institution?!?
Madness!

You missed the part where he anonymously provided them milk for years...

and it's not as odd as you'd think.

For a lot of Christians there is a big importantce in anonymous charity.

This is likely why he misguidedly refused to release his tax records for so long.

For a lot of people there is an importance of doing a good thing and NOT being thanked about it so you know you did it for the right reasons.

Rather then being someone who just does charity for the attention and benefits it brings.

Around the Network

Though I mean if random facebook stuff counts, then that brings in silly stuff like "John McCain is the Manchurian Candidate!" Which actually was posted here if i remember correctly.

Or the always classic "George H.W. Bush is a nazi spy, and his entire family is neonazis!"

Kasz216 said:
Or the always classic "George H.W. Bush is a nazi spy, and his entire family is neonazis!"

And he killed JFK.

badgenome said:
Kasz216 said:

And he killed JFK.

Didn't hear that one before actually, but wow.

Really, obama is secretly a muslim and from kenya is actually pretty light when it comes to crazy conspiracy theroes for presidents huh?

Apparently his son killed JFK Jr too... I guess... just because... following in his footsteps?

I thought that the first story was a batman joke the whole time. I mean really, Bain Capital, Robin Gay, heroic side...I'm starting to think Romney is the Batman o.o I swear I saw "he is the hero America deserves, but not the one we need right now" somewhere in there.

Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:

We'll stop when *they* stop suggesting that Obama should share the fate of Osama.

I've never actually seen anyone say that.

Let alone the Romney campaign.

In a rare change of pace, the democratic campaign has actually been the MUCH more blantalty dishonest and ghoulish in this election.

Fair in that it hasn't been the Romney campaign saying that, but you seriously haven't seen the meme floating around facebook of "SEAL Team Six removed one threat to America, it's your job to remove the other."?

you arent seriously dense enough to believe that they are suggesting killing obama. you are clearly reaching here, and you clearly know it means vote him out.