By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 7 incredible personal stories about Romney that you may not know

badgenome said:
fordy said:

Yet when certain media outlets claim that all Obama does all day is sleep and play basketball, you don't bat an eyelid. Yeah...way to uphold a double standard.

What outlets would that be, how do you know my opinion of them, and most importantly, why should I care about some outliers when a majority of the media is actively campaigning for Obama (just as they did in the '08 election, just as they did in the Democratic primary)?

Gingrich to Greta Van Susteren on Fox News.

So wait, you're saying if one does it, it's okay for the other side to do it? Then you criticise one of those sides? I rest my case. Good day

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Where in the metaphor is the part about people running themselves ragged to try and prove that nails are not nails?

c'est ne pas racisme?

No. C'est une chaise.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Where in the metaphor is the part about people running themselves ragged to try and prove that nails are not nails?

c'est ne pas racisme?

No. C'est une chaise.

Sometimes a cigar is indeed a cigar, but this is not one of those times.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

fordy said:

So wait, you're saying if one does it, it's okay for the other side to do it? Then you criticise one of those sides? I rest my case. Good day

No, you're successfully misunderstanding me yet again. Some years ago Christopher Hitchens had to point out that Bush jokes had become a thing that stupid people laugh at. Similarly, Fox News is the go to for lazy leftish people to point out biased media. For them, biased journalism begins and ends with Fox News. The truth is that what really drives these people Fox News is not that it's biased or even bad, but that it's biased from the wrong direction. Meanwhile, they ignore that the rest of the media tends to be biased in their favor. And if we are very charitable (not to mention gullible) and say that the media at large is merely inept and not actively biased, they ignore the fact that this media negligence always seems to conveniently works to the left's advantage.

Mr Khan said:

It's never one of those times when it's not politically convenient for it to be, and since the left is so intellectually impoverished at this point, it's never politically convenient for it to be.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

It's never one of those times when it's not politically convenient for it to be, and since the left is so intellectually impoverished at this point, it's never politically convenient for it to be.

It's not like it's the only charge we can lob. One of the more fun, and more recent, implements is that the Republicans have come full circle and now no longer support our troops.

Mr Khan said:

It's not like it's the only charge we can lob. One of the more fun, and more recent, implements is that the Republicans have come full circle and now no longer support our troops.

Yes, yes. What was a stupid Republican catchphrase in the '00s has become a stupid Democratic catchphrase in the '10s. I hope you're pleased with yourselves for becoming such a black hole of stupidity and banality.

badgenome said:
fordy said:

No, you're successfully misunderstanding me yet again. Some years ago Christopher Hitchens had to point out that Bush jokes had become a thing that stupid people laugh at. Similarly, Fox News is the go to for lazy leftish people to point out biased media. For them, biased journalism begins and ends with Fox News. The truth is that what really drives these people Fox News is not that it's biased or even bad, but that it's biased from the wrong direction. Meanwhile, they ignore that the rest of the media tends to be biased in their favor. And if we are very charitable (not to mention gullible) and say that the media at large is merely inept and not actively biased, they ignore the fact that this media negligence always seems to conveniently works to the left's advantage.

You didn't stop to think for a moment that the reason why Fox is singled out as biased is because they are the ones who willingly tweak the system based on a political agenda? In fact, it should be renamed to "The Republican free time no questions asked" channel. That is why Fox is always questioned as a valid news source, because they bring idiots with radical ideas on and never bother to question it. They just sit in the background and let these loons broadcast their bullshit over the airwaves.

You didnt stop to think that maybe Romney is copping more flak because he has shown more flaws than other candidates? Then you have the conservatives jumping up and down exclaiming "That's not fair! You need to equally abuse them". BULLSHIT! If Obama has weaknesses, let them be heard too, but I'm sick of hearing this same rhetoric from conservatives that they don't want to be questioned, or open to criticism. Then as soon as they're criticised, oh it MUST be liberal bias. For gods sake...

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Yes, yes. What was a stupid Republican catchphrase in the '00s has become a stupid Democratic catchphrase in the '10s. I hope you're pleased with yourselves for becoming such a black hole of stupidity and banality.

But "support our troops" was a hollow catchphrase back then that really just meant "support the war." The current doctrine is actually doing something to help veterans.

fordy said:
badgenome said:
fordy said:

You didn't stop to think for a moment that the reason why Fox is singled out as biased is because they are the ones who willingly tweak the system based on a political agenda? In fact, it should be renamed to "The Republican free time no questions asked" channel. That is why Fox is always questioned as a valid news source, because they bring idiots with radical ideas on and never bother to question it. They just sit in the background and let these loons broadcast their bullshit over the airwaves.

You didnt stop to think that maybe Romney is copping more flak because he has shown more flaws than other candidates? Then you have the conservatives jumping up and down exclaiming "That's not fair! You need to equally abuse them". BULLSHIT! If Obama has weaknesses, let them be heard too, but I'm sick of hearing this same rhetoric from conservatives that they don't want to be questioned, or open to criticism. Then as soon as they're criticised, oh it MUST be liberal bias. For gods sake...

ok, I agree Fox is ridiculously bias and I hate watching them, can't stand it in fact.  However, Badegenome does have a point in that it really is the only news network that is always hit with that charge, even though MSNBC is probably equally biased the other direction.  

It's one thing to call somebody else for being biased, but if you are unwilling to look at their point or the weaknesses in your own opinions, then your point is just lost in your own hypocrisy.