By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 7 incredible personal stories about Romney that you may not know

Mr Khan said:

Equally cute to see the right pretend they give a damn about drone strikes or civilian collateral.

I don't see that. They don't give a shit about sand people, and they don't pretend to.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Equally cute to see the right pretend they give a damn about drone strikes or civilian collateral.

I don't see that. They don't give a shit about sand people, and they don't pretend to.

Which helps prove the point. They only sympathize with them because Obama's killing them.

Or how the only way Congress would vote against putting boots on the ground against Muammar al-Qaddafi would be if it was Obama out to get him.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Which helps prove the point. They only sympathize with them because Obama's killing them.

Or how the only way Congress would vote against putting boots on the ground against Muammar al-Qaddafi would be if it was Obama out to get him.

Again, you'll have to show where they pretend to sympathize with them. I've seen no such thing. Outside of the Ron Paul contingent, which has been remarkably consistent, they don't and never have.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

Again, you'll have to show where they pretend to sympathize with them. I've seen no such thing. Outside of the Ron Paul contingent, which has been remarkably consistent, they don't and never have.

I tend to have a memory for this sort of thing from internet comments which, alas, are written on water. As i seemed to recall, it was more a concern over the abuse of presidential power moreso than caring for the actual dead folks.

Mr Khan said:

I tend to have a memory for this sort of thing from internet comments which, alas, are written on water. As i seemed to recall, it was more a concern over the abuse of presidential power moreso than caring for the actual dead folks.

If you mean the fact that Obama went to war (pardon me, "kinetic military action") without even asking Congress, well, it's not an invalid concern. It was a pretty brazenly unconstitutional action, and the only incident I can recall that comes even close to a precedent was Kosovo, but even that was still nominally a peacekeeping mission. But I am quite certain that I've never heard the right feigning outrage over civilian fatalities, because I would have fallen out of my chair if I had.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

If you mean the fact that Obama went to war (pardon me, "kinetic military action") without even asking Congress, well, it's not an invalid concern. It was a pretty brazenly unconstitutional action, and the only incident I can recall that comes even close to a precedent was Kosovo, but even that was still nominally a peacekeeping mission. But I am quite certain that I've never heard the right feigning outrage over civilian fatalities, because I would have fallen out of my chair if I had.

It had to do with the drone strikes specifically, so it wasn't about Libya.

The Libya thing was more a show that other NATO members need to step the hell up.

Mr Khan said:

It had to do with the drone strikes specifically, so it wasn't about Libya.

The Libya thing was more a show that other NATO members need to step the hell up.

Must have been Anwar al-Awlaki, then. Even some of the left thought that the targeted assassination of an American citizen based on secret memos so secret that even the legal justification for the killing had to be kept secret was pretty fucked up for a second there. But, sadly, I don't remember left or right making much of a fuss outside of the usual suspects (Ron Paul, Glenn Greenwald, etc.).

Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

But "support our troops" was a hollow catchphrase back then that really just meant "support the war." The current doctrine is actually doing something to help veterans.

I'm sure our men in uniform are tickled pink about being stuck in Afghanistan indefinitely without any sort of a plan so they can be shot by Afghani policemen and soliders and teaboys at their leisure. Support our troops, herp derp!

It's clear that we're making a plan, but it would be stupid to actually announce it or commit to anything. It's amusing at all that the right is now talking "cut and run" when (as we've discussed before) six years ago that sort of talk would have had people proposing you be put on some sort of FBI watch list.

On "you didn't build that," that wasn't a gaffe. That's out-of-context spin.

And if his tone was condescending, it was only against this ass-arrogant attitude by wannabe Objectivists that they built their fortune all on their own and the social compact was a hurdle they had to overcome, rather than half the reason they got where they are.

If they did build that, i challenge them to build: a private infrastructure for internet from the ground up, private GPS satellite network, private roads (good luck on that), all stocked with private security and with people who only went to private school.

Indeed, world would be a better place if such people did go off and attempt Rapture.

I can see wanting to cut and run after 6 more years of futility.

It's hard to see the logic behind wanting troops to stay after 6 more years of futility... after previously wanting them to leave.

thismeintiel said:
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
Mr Khan said:

Fair in that it hasn't been the Romney campaign saying that, but you seriously haven't seen the meme floating around facebook of "SEAL Team Six removed one threat to America, it's your job to remove the other."?

you arent seriously dense enough to believe that they are suggesting killing obama. you are clearly reaching here, and you clearly know it means vote him out.

It implies violence, even if metaphorical. Also holds underlying racism.

Wow, someone on the left claiming someone on the right is racist.  That's original.

Reminds me of this:

www.interviewwithazombie.com

Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
Mr Khan said:

Fair in that it hasn't been the Romney campaign saying that, but you seriously haven't seen the meme floating around facebook of "SEAL Team Six removed one threat to America, it's your job to remove the other."?

you arent seriously dense enough to believe that they are suggesting killing obama. you are clearly reaching here, and you clearly know it means vote him out.

It implies violence, even if metaphorical. Also holds underlying racism.

you really are something else.

there is absolutely no way, if you are honest, to actually believe this is racist, let alone violent.

your lunacy really knows no bounds, and every day you live up to your label as a parady of a leftist.

The implication being Obama should be killed like the arab terrorist was killed. Much of the American right exists in a culture of violence and racism.

That seems to be ignoring all the exact same sentimenet that was held by the left in regard to Bush.

People wanting a terrible president killed isn't really a novel idea.

I mean facebook posts?  For the last guy they had Merch!

Racism is a REAAAAL stretch.