By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 7 incredible personal stories about Romney that you may not know

sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:

Yeah... unless the anxiety attacks, panic attacks, loss of reality and paranoid delusion cause you to have a heart attack or any other number of deadly side effects....

I mean... use some common sense here.

Still not buying it.  I can't come up with any related death from the withdrawal.  If she was going to die then she would have probably died at the rave or hours after it not days later.  You die from intake of the drug not from withdrawal symptoms.  Him flying all the workers to NYC, setting up a command post, getting news involved sounds like it would take at least 2-3 days after she took the drug. 

So in otherwords, you continue to keep judging a situation which you know nothing about.... using a medical case... you know nothing about...  disregarding the statement of the doctor who treated her over something you read on google.

If her doctors said "She probably would of died if she didn't make it to the hospital in another day."

I'm gonna take there word for it personally.

Which they did by the way... so i'm gonna use common sense and guess it triggered something that would of killed her.

"Doctors later told Gay that he was indeed fortunate - his daughter probably would not have lasted another day.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:

Yeah... unless the anxiety attacks, panic attacks, loss of reality and paranoid delusion cause you to have a heart attack or any other number of deadly side effects....

Still not buying it.  I can't come up with any related death from the withdrawal.  If she was going to die then she would have probably died at the rave or hours after it not days later.  You die from intake of the drug not from withdrawal symptoms.  Him flying all the workers to NYC, setting up a command post, getting news involved sounds like it would take at least 2-3 days after she took the drug. 

So in otherwords, you continue to keep judging a situation which you know nothing about.... using a medical case... you know nothing about...  disregarding the statement of the doctor who treated her over something you read on google.

If her doctors said "She probably would of died if she didn't make it to the hospital in another day."

I can also judge it by the other bullshit stories like him saving the people from drowning.  So they didn't have life jackets on a boat, they didn't know how to swim, and there were no other boats around to help (which later it states that other people were helping).  I consider this blown out of proportion.  Sure he is perhaps a nice guy or did some decent things but it isn't like he ran into a building that was on fire and saved a baby.  I am not trying to downplay entirely what he did but I am not going to act like he is some kind of hero which this story is trying to make him into.

Where did you pull those doctor quotes from?  I don't see them anywhere in the article. Okay, I see after clicking on three different links.  So she was overdosing not having withdrawals.  You see words matter a lot especially when it comes to drugs.  So she was overdosing in another teen's basement who apparently didn't have any adult supervision.  Perhaps if she and her friend weren't so stupid they would have at least went to the hospital.  So don't try and  jump on me when the article is poorly written.  There is a big difference between overdose and withdrawal.  Now, I am expecting you to tell me that the people on the boat that were about to "drown" were all limbless.

sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:
sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:

I can also judge it by the other bullshit stories like him saving the people from drowning.  So they didn't have life jackets on a boat, they didn't know how to swim, and there were no other boats around to help (which later it states that other people were helping).  I consider this blown out of proportion.  Sure he is perhaps a nice guy or did some decent things but it isn't like he ran into a building that was on fire and saved a baby.  I am not trying to downplay entirely what he did but I am not going to act like he is some kind of hero which this story is trying to make him into.

Where did you pull those doctor quotes from?  I don't see them anywhere in the article. Okay, I see after clicking on three different links.  So she was overdosing not having withdrawals.  You see words matter a lot especially when it comes to drugs.  So she was overdosing in another teen's basement who apparently didn't have any adult supervision.  Perhaps if she and her friend weren't so stupid they would have at least went to the hospital.  So don't try and  jump on me when the article is poorly written.  There is a big difference between overdose and withdrawal.  Now, I am expecting you to tell me that the people on the boat that were about to "drown" were all limbless.

No, they had limbs... they were also 300 yards from shore.

Which is actually pretty hard to do... let alone when panicking from you know.... your boat sinking... and not having swim gear.

If you spent half enough time looking up the story as you did looking up random reasons on the internet to hate mitt romney... this stuff would be common sense.

Kasz216 said:

Which is actually pretty hard to do... let alone when panicking from you know.... your boat sinking... and not having swim gear.

If you spent half enough time looking up the story as you did looking up random reasons on the internet to hate mitt romney... this stuff would be common sense.

Common sense that almost every boat owner has enough life jackets on board to support the amount of people on it.  There are also state and federal laws that state this.

I am not looking for reasons to hate Mitt Romney considering I have enough already to know he is a bad candidate.  I am just trying to poke holes in a story that tries to get people to believe that he is some kind of hero.  He might be a good person to some but he isn't a hero.

sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:

Common sense that almost every boat owner has enough life jackets on board to support the amount of people on it.  There are also state and federal laws that state this.

I am not looking for reason to hate Mitt Romney considering I have enough already to know he is a bad candidate.  I am just trying to poke holes in a story that tries to get people to believe that he is some kind of hero.  He might be a good person but he isn't a hero.

Except you know... a lot of people don't follow those rules.

Nor are you nessiarily safe with life jackets.

Hell a boat could strike you.

Though you are right.. you are trying to poke holes in stories... though for no good reason... outside you don't like Mitt Romney.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
No-one was ever suggesting he was some sort of Montgomery Burns-esque plutocratic supervillain. His fault is more that he's out of touch (like the thing with the dog on the roof of a car. It's not deliberate animal cruelty, it's just kinda dumb)

Politicians are people too, and people tend to be generally decent when you get to know them

But they are suggesting that.

Everyone says "He strapped a dog to the roof of a car, and we can't have a sociopath like that as President!"

This just gives some sort of balance. He is at worst, a decent human being who doesn't share your ideas. Fine. Stop lambasting him as the anti-Christ (not directed at you, but at his critics in general).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Mr Khan said:
No-one was ever suggesting he was some sort of Montgomery Burns-esque plutocratic supervillain. His fault is more that he's out of touch (like the thing with the dog on the roof of a car. It's not deliberate animal cruelty, it's just kinda dumb)

Politicians are people too, and people tend to be generally decent when you get to know them

Everyone says "He strapped a dog to the roof of a car, and we can't have a sociopath like that as President!"

This just gives some sort of balance. He is at worst, a decent human being who doesn't share your ideas. Fine. Stop lambasting him as the anti-Christ (not directed at you, but at his critics in general).

We'll stop when *they* stop suggesting that Obama should share the fate of Osama.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Also, somehow he probably would have saved his wife if only those damn plane windows would open.

Mr Khan said:
Kantor said:
Mr Khan said:

We'll stop when *they* stop suggesting that Obama should share the fate of Osama.

I've never actually seen anyone say that.

Let alone the Romney campaign.

In a rare change of pace, the democratic campaign has actually been the MUCH more blantalty dishonest and ghoulish in this election.

I'm not American but I have always followed American Politics.

Whether or not Romney is a decent man is not the issue. Would he make a good President? The truth probably is that he would be okay, within the limitations that the job imposes, but a victory for him would see a shift in political emphasis more in the direction of Republican thinking.

I have no empathy with that ideology as currently espoused and would consequently prefer to see Obama, disappointing as he has been, re-elected.