By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 7 incredible personal stories about Romney that you may not know

sethnintendo said:
gergroy said:
sethnintendo said:

Most of these stories seemed blown out of proportion. He didn't save the girl's life. She was recovering from ecstasy withdrawals. He might of helped find her but I wouldn't say he saved her life. Apparently, everyone on that boat didn't know how to swim nor did they have life jackets.  Seems pretty reasonable to assume they would have all drowned a few hundred feet from shore if he didn't come to the rescue with his jet skis. He did a few good acts which somehow equates to being a hero. I helped a guy get out of a flipped SUV one time. I would say I helped him not saved his life.

The article doesnt go into the details of the gil he saved, but if you look at an article does go into detail, he did save her life.  The girl was having a bad reaction to the ecstacy and if she had been left to her own like she was, she would have died.  

You can't die from ecstasy withdrawals.  The main way you die on ecstasy is through dehydration, heat exhaustion, abnormal heart rhythms and liver failure.  I have never taken the drug but just looking up the withdrawal symptoms there is no mention of death.

Symptoms include (in varying severity):

• Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Panic Attacks
  • Insomnia
  • Lack of ones ego (De-personalization)
  • Loss of reality
  • Paranoid Delusions

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_withdrawal_symptoms_of_ecstasy

It isn't like she is withdrawing from a heroin or alcohol addiction which could lead to death. 

all I'm hearing is screw romney. lol   I have to agree,can't stand the guy and his flop-floping and lying and I don't vote and not for one party are the other. hahaha.

Around the Network

He done some good things here, but that don't stop him from being a bad candidate to me. If only he was a decent politician that does not spew out crap all the time

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

While its nice to see that he indeed a decent human in certain situations, He is still a very scummy politician and clearly willing to change his stand on absolutely any issues if he thinks it will help him get elected. Despite being an upper middle class citizen who hasn't benefited at all under Obama, Romney will not get my vote. I have seen enough to know this is not a man that I want as my president. I will not vote for "the lesser of two evils." So Obama probably won't get my vote either, despite me prefering him slightly to Romney.

How exactly any of those say he would be a good president? Silly americans... :P

The milk one is really odd.
He says maybe the patients should learn to milk cows as a joke, then does nothing, and when a paper comea out calling the gaffe (though a little over the top) he then calls them and then increases funding to a public institution?!?
Madness!

Around the Network

No-one was ever suggesting he was some sort of Montgomery Burns-esque plutocratic supervillain. His fault is more that he's out of touch (like the thing with the dog on the roof of a car. It's not deliberate animal cruelty, it's just kinda dumb)

Politicians are people too, and people tend to be generally decent when you get to know them

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I am not American but I suppose who the "leader of the free world" is matters to most of us.

I only need to know a couple things about Romney.

Does God talk to him and tell him what to do like he allegedly did with George W or is he on a mission from God?
Is it likely he will call up any European leaders with rubbish about the biblical Gog and Magog like Bush Did?

If the answers are no then I have no problem with him being the "leader of the free world".

sethnintendo said:
gergroy said:
sethnintendo said:

Most of these stories seemed blown out of proportion. He didn't save the girl's life. She was recovering from ecstasy withdrawals. He might of helped find her but I wouldn't say he saved her life. Apparently, everyone on that boat didn't know how to swim nor did they have life jackets.  Seems pretty reasonable to assume they would have all drowned a few hundred feet from shore if he didn't come to the rescue with his jet skis. He did a few good acts which somehow equates to being a hero. I helped a guy get out of a flipped SUV one time. I would say I helped him not saved his life.

The article doesnt go into the details of the gil he saved, but if you look at an article does go into detail, he did save her life.  The girl was having a bad reaction to the ecstacy and if she had been left to her own like she was, she would have died.  

You can't die from ecstasy withdrawals.  The main way you die on ecstasy is through dehydration, heat exhaustion, abnormal heart rhythms and liver failure.  I have never taken the drug but just looking up the withdrawal symptoms there is no mention of death.

Symptoms include (in varying severity):

• Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Panic Attacks
  • Insomnia
  • Lack of ones ego (De-personalization)
  • Loss of reality
  • Paranoid Delusions

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_withdrawal_symptoms_of_ecstasy

It isn't like she is withdrawing from a heroin or alcohol addiction which could lead to death. 

Yeah... unless the anxiety attacks, panic attacks, loss of reality and paranoid delusion cause you to have a heart attack or any other number of deadly side effects....

I mean... use some common sense here.

Kasz216 said:

Yeah... unless the anxiety attacks, panic attacks, loss of reality and paranoid delusion cause you to have a heart attack or any other number of deadly side effects....

I mean... use some common sense here.

Still not buying it.  I can't come up with any related death from the withdrawal.  If she was going to die then she would have probably died at the rave or hours after it not days later.  You die from symptoms due to the intake of the drug not from withdrawal symptoms.  Him flying all the workers to NYC, setting up a command post, getting media involved sounds like it would take at least 2-3 days after she took the drug.  She was probably just depressed.  If it comes out that she was having liver or kidney failure then I will admit he helped save her life.  I am pretty sure the story would have mentioned that if it was that serious and not just leave it a vague withdrawals.

Even on wiki this is all that they devoted to withdrawals

"MDMA appears not to have a high propensity for dependence or withdrawal reactions, although a number of users seek help through treatment services."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

Mr Khan said:
No-one was ever suggesting he was some sort of Montgomery Burns-esque plutocratic supervillain.

Except Obama, his campaign, and every single one of his sycophants in the media (but I repeat myself).