By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

The tablet controller will feature individual looks depending on the car you drive including different radio visuals with buttons placed differently compared to others cars radios etc.

The tablet will also feature differently looking GPS in more modern cars. And it will also have different huds for different types of smartphones etc.

Around the Network
room414 said:

The controller doesn't have analog triggers so the driving would be substandard. Especially if gta5 sticks with the sim like driving of gta4. Gta games also use the left analog trigger to switch between free aim and lock-on.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was ported to wiiu though.

You're absolutely right!

i see no reason why it cant release on wiiu

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
GTA: CW had excellent reviews, 93 metascore, and sold 1.25m, hos that crappy?

Crawling over 1m is crappy for any GTA game. 93 metascore is good though, I only said I didn't like it as much as the others. 

GTA IV PC: 690K

Also CW is not just any GTA game, it is a top down view. The market is not properly the same as a full fledged GTA 3D title with proper production budgets.

thekitchensink said:
The thing that makes this uncertain to me is the fact that the GameCube got shafted from the GTA games, so power isn't the only deciding factor. However, that may also be due to the fact that the games were gigantic and the 'Cube's discs were only 1.5 GBs, so it's possible. The GamePad could have a lot of nice supplementary uses.

Not because of the power of the system. Rockstar stated there was a GCN version of GTA 3 in the works and it was comparable to the Xbox version but it got canned because of the poor install base of the GameCube.

It's entirely plausible that the WiiU will get GTA V considering it uses 25GB single layer discs (have dual-layered discs been confirmed yet?) and GTA IV fit on a 9GB Xbox DVD.

Around the Network
pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:

Crawling over 1m is crappy for any GTA game. 93 metascore is good though, I only said I didn't like it as much as the others. 

GTA IV PC: 690K

Also CW is not just any GTA game, it is a top down view. The market is not properly the same as a full fledged GTA 3D title with proper production budgets.

Diablo III sales on VGC: 2.70m

Real sales: 10m+

Half-Life 2: 2.36m vs. 12m+

starcraft 1: 3.72m vs 10m+

Starcraft 2: 3.62m vs. 4.5m(as of December 2010...)

Need I go on?

Yes, until you discuss the actual point of my post: 

market for 3D mainline GTA vs market for gimped GTA

Also, point your sources when stating numbers different from the VGchartz database, otherwise, vgz numbers stand for discussion.

Snesboy said:
thekitchensink said:
The thing that makes this uncertain to me is the fact that the GameCube got shafted from the GTA games, so power isn't the only deciding factor. However, that may also be due to the fact that the games were gigantic and the 'Cube's discs were only 1.5 GBs, so it's possible. The GamePad could have a lot of nice supplementary uses.

Not because of the power of the system. Rockstar stated there was a GCN version of GTA 3 in the works and it was comparable to the Xbox version but it got canned because of the poor install base of the GameCube.

It's entirely plausible that the WiiU will get GTA V considering it uses 25GB single layer discs (have dual-layered discs been confirmed yet?) and GTA IV fit on a 9GB Xbox DVD.

Really?  That's kind of strange, considering the GameCube sold only about 2 million less than the Xbox lol.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:

it may not of sold to well, but I fought it was one of the best GTA's in the whole franchise. I loved playing this on my PSP. It wasn't a console game plonked on a handheld like liberty city stories or vice city stories. To me, it felt like it was made for handhelds

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

1.25m is a success no matter how you twist it

@ the2real4mafol

"but I fought it was one of the best GTA's in the whole franchise. I loved playing this on my PSP. It wasn't a console game plonked on a handheld like liberty city stories or vice city stories."

i agree, actually i thought the two GTAs for the PSP were very disappointing, just the PS2 downgraded engine with crappy controls due to the poor analog the PSP has, Chinatown was more enjoyable imo

pezus said:

Okay...GTA is GTA... and 1.25m for a GTA game nowadays is bad. This was a timed exclusive mind you, while the PC version you report from the "proven to inaccurately track PC games" VGChartz was a late, poorly optimized, port.

Added links to numbers...

The DS version sold fat better than the PSP version ... enough said of Chinatown Wars it has nothing to do with GTA V on Wii U.

---

I'm sure that we will see GTAV on Wii U, but it is another secret from Nintendo yet.

Many of the games mentioned at the Wii U press conference a few days ago (Black Ops 2, Epic Mickey 2, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate etc.) had not been announced before. The publishers and developers even lied and negate Wii U versions.

Because they had to ... nintendo wanted some games to be a secret. At the moment we only know the games that will be released until March 2013. Nintendo mentioned at the press conference that there will be more announcements for the time after March 2013 in the following month.

But I think we will first hear from GTA V Wii U officially at E3 2013.