By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

I can't be bothered to read through all the comments so I'll just say this: No way in hell a game like GTA V will get sold at 499SEK - no-way-in-Hell. It'll probably be something like 599 or 699 for sure!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
I wonder the possibilities of assymetric gameplay on this.

I still don't know what that means.

Two different forms of input and output to offer two irreproducibly unique experiences between 2+ players.

GTA: CW had excellent reviews, 93 metascore, and sold 1.25m, hos that crappy?

Torillian said:
They could always just not like working with Nintendo, that's always a possibility. Sakaguchi's reason for not working on Sony platforms is often cited as him just not wanting to work with Sony again and having a grudge against them, and I never really see anyone up in arms about his bias. Sometimes people just have non-financial reasons for the business decisions they make.

Because he's basically the only developer biased against Sony, against at least half a dozen hugely high-profile developers with bad things to say about Nintendo or Nintendo platforms.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

happydolphin said:
pezus said:
happydolphin said:
It's coming for sure. The audience is on PS360, but nothing stopped the Xbox brand to push GTA after its original PS exclusivity.
Just sayin'

It was never a playstation exclusive. Only a timed one. 

GTA and GTA II, without counting the poor DC, and not counting Windows... (otherwise Halo is not an xbox eclusive and blablabla), the series was definitely not Nintendo, and it was much later on xbox. So 3 was a timed exclusive, but a very late one, for all suits and purposes it was a PS2 game and a PS series. It predominantly sold on the PS also. The idea remains that its customer base was on the PS by the time it went fully Multi-platform.

The only thing stopping GTA5 from being on WiiU is Rockstar's willingness. Come on, whatever Nintendo did to them happened 14 years ago under a different regime.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
I wonder the possibilities of assymetric gameplay on this.

I still don't know what that means.

Two different forms of input and output to offer two irreproducibly unique experiences between 2+ players.

+10 Karisma points for wonderful vocabulary.

On a serious note, one player could play normal GTA gameplay with the pro controller and TV, while the other plays on the uPad with aerial view like an RTS and controls over the police and army and its entire transportation and weaponry and has to take the criminal (pro controller player) down.

Profit.

VicViper said:

Not the winner, but it'll be a pretty big and important game, and will help the system a lot.

It's actually the one port I'm looking foward right now, because I believe it'll improve a lot with the gamepad.

But this is the worst kind of "leak", the online store one. Anyone can add that, as a mistake or even the hardcore hopeful Nintendo gamer intern (or Sony/MS fanatic cruel intern). It means zilch.

The controller doesn't have analog triggers so the driving would be substandard. Especially if gta5 sticks with the sim like driving of gta4. Gta games also use the left analog trigger to switch between free aim and lock-on.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was ported to wiiu though.

kivi95 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Swedish retailers should definitely not be trusted. About a dozen stores listed Red 3DS units even before the Blue and Black ones were released.

This is a Norwish retailer. But on the other other side that makes it even more untrusted.

Anyway I don't see how GTA V will not be released on Wii U.

The retailer is Swedish; its headquarters are located in Malmö.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
kivi95 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Swedish retailers should definitely not be trusted. About a dozen stores listed Red 3DS units even before the Blue and Black ones were released.

This is a Norwish retailer. But on the other other side that makes it even more untrusted.

Anyway I don't see how GTA V will not be released on Wii U.

The retailer is Swedish; its headquarters are located in Malmö.

Yes but this was the Norwish version of CDON.com

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

GTA5 on Wii U?
Doubt it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."