By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

While its completely possible, R* is not friendly with Nintendo. They tried a GTA game (albeit a crappy one) on the massively popular DS and it didn't do great.

Personally, I think it would be stupid not to. However, its initial development went to PS360 and if anything Wii U would get a straight port like COD or AC3 where they didn't have time to improve on anything due to the hardware beyond some uniqueness given the Gamepad.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Viper1 said:
Rockstar have had Wii U dev kits for over a year.

I'm just saying.

You knew about Bayonneta 2 and Monster Hunter U!! But you didn't tell us!!

Why do you do this now to us?! ;_;

Because he likes his job and wants to keep it?

in fact i see GTA V as very possible to be on wii u, in the gamecube era it didn't get one because nintendo was still strict with the violence policies, that changed; in the wii era it didn´t get one because it wasn´t possible to put it there without compromising some things. And now in this era the wii u can easily handle it and nintendo is more willing to bring it as they want to attract the blood-loving crowd. if nintendo makes (and wants to do) the effort they can bring it

SChunk
how was GTA: Chinatown wars crappy?

Pavolink said:
Viper1 said:

It won't kill the Wii U.  Wasn't GTAIV supposed to kill the Wii?

But, I'm pretty confident it's coming.   In some form.

In some form? So, not exactly GTAV, but maybe another similar IP? Or maybe on the eShop? or maybe ...waaa!

What are you hinting now?

Purely speculation on my part.

"In some form"...merely saying it might be part of a later compilation, a Wii U Edition (like EA did with GodFather or Capcom with RE4), etc...if it's not launched day and date with the other consoles.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I wonder the possibilities of assymetric gameplay on this.

DieAppleDie said:
SChunk
how was GTA: Chinatown wars crappy?

I haven't really played any GTA game. But, from what I read from others and reviews is... it sucked in comparison to other GTA games and especially other portable versions.

Now, it also sold crappy on DS and PSP, so I think that supports the idea that it simply wasn't a good GTA game in the first place.

Viper1 said:

"In some form"...merely saying it might be part of a later compilation, a Wii U Edition (like EA did with GodFather or Capcom with RE4), etc...if it's not launched day and date with the other consoles.

Oh. Something like a Gold Edition when DLC launchs some time after the game. Could be real. In fact, there were rumors about Rockstar having a dev kit, but the rumor says they were around the firsts developers to get.

From your comment, I get they have the kit after the past E3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
I wonder the possibilities of assymetric gameplay on this.

I still don't know what that means.

Havning different viewpoints in the game.

Re look at Nintendoland demos. See that the person with the gamepad has a different view and objective than others he is playing in the same room with.

Pavolink said:
Viper1 said:

Oh. Something like a Gold Edition when DLC launchs some time after the game. Could be real. In fact, there were rumors about Rockstar having a dev kit, but the rumor says they were around the firsts developers to get.

From your comment, I get they have the kit after the past E3.

Not 100% certain when, or how many, they got but it was before E3 2011.

I don't know if they had enough for development, game engine porting or just technical testing. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised