By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

They mind as well port it over since the hardware is vastly better than this current gen it wouldnt be as difficult to port, though if they wanted to use the gamepad for anything it might but it would still sell enough on the console to merit the investment but obviously I'm not in the exact know of the financials or the strag that the company is employing so who knows, we will see later.

"Like you know"

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
1. It won't come.
2. Even if this comes, Wii U won't win anything as most of the userbase is in PS360 already.

1. It makes sense that it would come.  Rockstar even made a GTA game from the ground up for the DS. Can't imagine them not porting over a game to the Wiiu.

2.  I don't know why everyone gets so combative. It would obviously be a good thing for Wiiu if it happened and would likely sell some more Wiiu to core gamers who already own a ps3 or 360. That goes without saying. People own multiple consoles these days. There are also a lot of gamers who buy a console and play it for 2 or 3 years and then drift away until something new comes out. Most PS3's and 360's probably collect dust by now. Even Call of Duty is only sold to about 20% of the PS3 360 userbase. To a huge ps3 or 360 fanboy nothing Nintendo can do will convince them but for 90% of ps3 and 360 owners the Wiiu has a chance to covince them to get the Wiiu as their new favorite system or as a complimentary system.

Viper1 said:
Busted said:
My question is why wouldn't?

Because Rockstar and Take-Two hate Nintendo and they hate money?

Yeah that's why they build Chinatown Wars from the Ground up for Ds.   If this game doesn't come to Wiiu I think they are missing out on 2 to 3 million units sold. Or  120 to 180 million dollars of shared revenue plus dlc. Yeah i think it will come to Wiiu.

It's coming for sure. The audience is on PS360, but nothing stopped the Xbox brand to push GTA after its original PS exclusivity.
Just sayin'

May God hear you all

Damn... hype is born...

Around the Network

clearly going to be a psvita exclusive

Viper1 said:
Busted said:
My question is why wouldn't?

Because Rockstar and Take-Two hate Nintendo and they hate money?

To be honest that would be the only apparent reason, they could just port it over, then i could sell my 360 and they would make some extra money, what's wrong with that?

Don't think they will do it... Rockstar is afraid of going head to head with another game.. which will be better than GTAV

Lego City Undercover!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Don't think they will do it... Rockstar is afraid of going head to head with another game.. which will be better than GTAV

Lego City Undercover!!!

NOOOO, Rockstar is doomed.

That same retailer site also lists the possibility of other titles, including MGS and KH coming to WiiU. Either they know something we don't or they made a mistake. We'll see in weeks. But I think it's likely that all those aforementioned franchises will jump onto the WiiU, especially if it sells as well as it seems poised to.