By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

Snesboy said:
thekitchensink said:
Snesboy said:
thekitchensink said:
The thing that makes this uncertain to me is the fact that the GameCube got shafted from the GTA games, so power isn't the only deciding factor. However, that may also be due to the fact that the games were gigantic and the 'Cube's discs were only 1.5 GBs, so it's possible. The GamePad could have a lot of nice supplementary uses.

Not because of the power of the system. Rockstar stated there was a GCN version of GTA 3 in the works and it was comparable to the Xbox version but it got canned because of the poor install base of the GameCube.

It's entirely plausible that the WiiU will get GTA V considering it uses 25GB single layer discs (have dual-layered discs been confirmed yet?) and GTA IV fit on a 9GB Xbox DVD.

Really?  That's kind of strange, considering the GameCube sold only about 2 million less than the Xbox lol.

It is strange. But back then, before sales websites, people thought the Xbox sold 3 times as much as the GameCube.

They still had access to things like NPD, though.  However, that only covered the US, and the 'Cube sold much better in Japan, so I guess they may not have known.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I'm not fussed if it comes or not, I'd much rather see a Madworld 2 from platinum games, open world, come on now you no it makes sense platinum

FrancisNobleman I demand the name and more pics from the girl on the left.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

VicViper said:
Viper1 said:

I said Rockstar, not Cat Daddy Games.

I know, just teasing.

But they also said this recently

"We haven't announced anything," says Zelnick on the possibility of moving the company's mature titles onto the Wii U. "I'm skeptical."

Not a good sign. I'm skeptical too. To me the only harder dev Nintendo can get their hands on other than Take 2 is Bethesda.

Not sure if this was posted but yes earlier this year he said he was skeptical. But something you didn't mention is when he was asked about this last year, he didn't say it wasn't on there.

http://beefjack.com/news/gta-on-wii-u-take-two-looking-at-it-seriously/

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D