By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

pezus said:

Okay...GTA is GTA... and 1.25m for a GTA game nowadays is bad. This was a timed exclusive mind you, while the PC version you report from the "proven to inaccurately track PC games" VGChartz was a late, poorly optimized, port.

Added links to numbers...

I'm surprised you think that way about different types of games under the same title. If so:

~

Women is women then!!!

I'll have the one on the left, and the other is for you. It is the same!!!!!!! 

Around the Network

If it does come on to the wii u, I'll finally have some real hope for that console.

pezus said:
the2real4mafol said:
pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
GTA: CW had excellent reviews, 93 metascore, and sold 1.25m, hos that crappy?

Crawling over 1m is crappy for any GTA game. 93 metascore is good though, I only said I didn't like it as much as the others. 

it may not of sold to well, but I fought it was one of the best GTA's in the whole franchise. I loved playing this on my PSP. It wasn't a console game plonked on a handheld like liberty city stories or vice city stories. To me, it felt like it was made for handhelds

I might have to give it another chance then. I gambled and traded a brand new GT PSP for it a few years ago and was left sorely disappointed after a short while.

it may not be to your taste but I loved it.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

DieAppleDie said:
1.25m is a success no matter how you twist it

@ the2real4mafol

"but I fought it was one of the best GTA's in the whole franchise. I loved playing this on my PSP. It wasn't a console game plonked on a handheld like liberty city stories or vice city stories."

i agree, actually i thought the two GTAs for the PSP were very disappointing, just the PS2 downgraded engine with crappy controls due to the poor analog the PSP has, Chinatown was more enjoyable imo

don't get me wrong I liked the first 2 but they didn't feel right for the PSP, while chinatown wars showed what a portable GTA was supposed to be. I hope they make another GTA like that (for 3DS/ vita). Just a great game here

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

i know, i like them too, to some extent, i own Vice city stories, but CW was more arcade-ish and fast paced, with tighter controls also, the PSP games were just dowports, while CW was new and fresh, and had innovative touch screen controls

Around the Network

Great to hear it coming to the Wii U. However I wont buy it. I loved the original game but havent enjoyed the series since. Hopefully it will sell well and the Wii U will get more multiplat games.

While i'd prefer it on PC now that Rockstar figured out how to optimize a game with Max Payne 3, id probably get it on Wii U if it's console exclusive. The choice to remove the minimap on screen and have a larger minimap on the pad would be very useful and possibly more immersive.

I'd hope it'll come to the WiiU, but I'm not holding my breath, far from it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I'd hope it'll come to the WiiU, but I'm not holding my breath, far from it.

I'm sure that we will see GTAV on Wii U. We will first hear from GTA V Wii U officially at E3 2013.

Many of the games mentioned at the Wii U press conference a few days ago (Black Ops 2, Epic Mickey 2, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate etc.) had not been announced before. The publishers and developers even lied and negate Wii U versions.

Because they had to ... nintendo wanted some games to be a secret. At the moment we only know the games that will be released until March 2013. Nintendo mentioned at the press conference that there will be more announcements for the time after March 2013.

pezus said:

What I meant that the GTA name is huge now, it wasn't huge back when GTA1 and 2 came out. It's not like we're talking about a slight difference here. We are talking about a 2000%+ difference from the other GTAs

No, slight differnces.   Not like the difference in a fully 3D polygonal world and a 3/4's over head perspective view with a comic book art style. 

My understanding is that it sold better than they expected it to.  

The rEVOLution is not being televised