By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Grand Theft Auto V Coming To Wii U ~ And why not you naysayers?

Tagged games:

pezus said:
Viper1 said:

No, slight differnces.   Not like the difference in a fully 3D polygonal world and a 3/4's over head perspective view with a comic book art style. 

My understanding is that it sold better than they expected it to.  

Is that so? I don't remember seeing them comment on it. What the hell were they expecting?

"It's meeting our expectations. We're very happy with it."
-Ben Feder (former President and CEO of Take Two Interactive)

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I would be bloody mind****** if that was really true, but I wouldn't bet my life on it...

Wait, Spurge is on detention again??? O my Lord, why. . . ?

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:
I would be bloody mind****** if that was really true, but I wouldn't bet my life on it...

Wait, Spurge is on detention again??? O my Lord, why. . . ?

It's been taken care of by the mod team, he will be unbanned tomorrow. He did something he wasn't supposed to do, if you're curious it's item 12 of the rules.

@HappyD: What? I thought he knew that!
Or maybe he didn't know what he shared really was copyrighted... Who knows.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I never before play GTA series..., but I really want the 5° part will be in Wii U!!! (dreams, dreams...)

Around the Network
pezus said:

Smells like a cop-out. But he does not say "better than expected"

lol, how does it smell like a cop-out? What about the statement smell cop-out-like? Haha

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
pezus said:

lol, how does it smell like a cop-out? What about the statement smell cop-out-like? Haha

He didn't elaborate to my knowledge. You telling me your expectations were 1m, Ben?? Or sub 1m since it had probably sold around 500k when he said that.

Stop making up random numbers.

You can spin that it sold as they expected, so it means that the 1 million-ish sales was the market for such a title on the 3DS.

It doesn't surprise me, obviously this was Rockstar atempt at the mobile market, starting with the 3DS, then PSP and after that, smartphones.

A full 3D GTA title of course has another massive budget allocation not allowed for this 2D-ish GTA atempts and of course sales expectations are higher.

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA V on Wii U would turn out selling much more than the Ps360 version of the game. I can see it reaching 15 million, whereas a PS3 version could settle at 6 million and X360 version at 8.

FrancisNobleman said:
pezus said:
happydolphin said:
pezus said:

He didn't elaborate to my knowledge. You telling me your expectations were 1m, Ben?? Or sub 1m since it had probably sold around 500k when he said that.

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA V on Wii U would turn out selling much more than the Ps360 version of the game. I can see it reaching 15 million, whereas a PS3 version could settle at 6 million and X360 version at 8.

I'll up that number to 20 million if the title is:

GTA V: Wii U Edition

thekitchensink said:
Snesboy said:
thekitchensink said:
The thing that makes this uncertain to me is the fact that the GameCube got shafted from the GTA games, so power isn't the only deciding factor. However, that may also be due to the fact that the games were gigantic and the 'Cube's discs were only 1.5 GBs, so it's possible. The GamePad could have a lot of nice supplementary uses.

Not because of the power of the system. Rockstar stated there was a GCN version of GTA 3 in the works and it was comparable to the Xbox version but it got canned because of the poor install base of the GameCube.

It's entirely plausible that the WiiU will get GTA V considering it uses 25GB single layer discs (have dual-layered discs been confirmed yet?) and GTA IV fit on a 9GB Xbox DVD.

Really?  That's kind of strange, considering the GameCube sold only about 2 million less than the Xbox lol.

It is strange. But back then, before sales websites, people thought the Xbox sold 3 times as much as the GameCube.