By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is NOT Buying WiiU? And Why?

darthdevidem01 said:

After the recent hyped Nintendo conference on the WiiU many peoples opinion about the system changed, including mine. It went from a no-buy to a definitely buy at some point.

What about the rest of you...is anyone still NOT gonna buy the WiiU? If so why? And what do you need Nintendo to do for you to buy it? 

Why

In the name of the fearful God who stands poised over the universe like a thunderbolt ready to smite creation

Would you post a topic that is solely about people expressing their negative predispositions to a console that doesn't really exist yet

Around the Network

One only has so much time to play games and indulge in other entertainment. So i won't get one until i am done with ps3 and steam games (okay will never finish all the steam games). Wii U looks pretty good to be honest but not getting one anytime soon.

darthdevidem01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Me, because it is too expensive and none of the launch games interest me in the slightest

Did you buy a PS360 after they were cheaper than $299? 

I don't remember...

Oh yeah, and we're both from the uk... use sterling!

I am not.

I am not a huge First Party Fan (For Nintendo, Sony or MS) so those iconic games/characters hold no sway. I am all about my JRPGs (Have my Computer for EVERYTHING else) and whichever console gets those in abundance/quality will get my purchase.

If the quality/quantity is high enough in 2 or all 3, I will own all 3. Price does not matter to me, nor does gimmicks/accessories, just the damn games. Give me a reason to not keep playing on Steam and I will buy the Console.

Badassbab said:
I will buy one once the premium model falls under £200 and the pathetic storage space is increased.

just plug in an external HDD

Around the Network

I almost always buy all consoles. That said, I'll probably wait a year(or till the next zelda comes out) to get it.
By the way, Is the WII U region locked ?

man-bear-pig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Me, because it is too expensive and none of the launch games interest me in the slightest

Did you buy a PS360 after they were cheaper than $299? 

I don't remember...

Oh yeah, and we're both from the uk... use sterling!

I know I am very embarassed at this moment. 

But the UK price has always confused me..I swear PS3 went from £199 to £249

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

After the recent hyped Nintendo conference on the WiiU many peoples opinion about the system changed, including mine. It went from a no-buy to a definitely buy at some point.

What about the rest of you...is anyone still NOT gonna buy the WiiU? If so why? And what do you need Nintendo to do for you to buy it? 

Why

In the name of the fearful God who stands poised over the universe like a thunderbolt ready to smite creation

Would you post a topic that is solely about people expressing their negative predispositions to a console that doesn't really exist yet

I control my own destiny....don't underestimate the power of the force. 

I want to know why people may not want to buy it after that great press conference & after the price is less than I expected. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm not too sure at this point... I have no interest at all in Nintendo's core franchises (other than perhaps Zelda) so they need to be able to wow me to get my money, something that they have never been able to do to date!

I have bought every Nintendo console N64, GBC -> Wii, 3DS

3DS burned me because I bought in expectation of games I wanted and they didn't appear (classic Paper Mario, 2D Mario with some production value, 2D Metroid, Pokemon, Advance Wars)

So now I am holding off on Wii U until at least one of (Metroid =/= MP3/Other M, 3D Mario =/= Galaxy, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda =/= OoT-SS) appear, in addition to NSMB U which while good I'm not paying $500 for.

If they produced a Wii U minus the tablet controller for $150 I'd consider as well.