By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFXHD in trouble?

Tagged games:

So...is this game dead?

Yes, just let it go. 19 21.11%

I wouldn't be too confident 8 8.89%

Flip a coin! 13 14.44%

Keep the fayth! 25 27.78%

It's on its way, Yevon will allow it! 25 27.78%

Total:90
fillet said:
Peterisyum said:
Square Enix seriously needs to restructure their product development departments. There ineptitude in creating games is absolutely astounding and never fails to amaze me, they must have some awful people overseeing the production of these games. How hard is it to up-res and old PS2 game? its been done numerous times before. Or to try and release a game in the generation it was announced ( actually I think FFV13 was announced before the PS3 even came out). This company is a disgrace.

Amen/

On a seperate note.

In regard to my comment of chucking 5 guys in a room with the source code and giving them a few hundred hours to churn out that game. Well I will admit I am not a developer, I have no knowledge of this stuff per se directly. But I do follow things like porting development and what not. I'm pretty sure we're talking something quite close to this in terms of developer investment.

That is assuming this is a HD "enhancement" (or basic upscale in human speak and if previous "enhancments" are anything to go by). Sure if it's a remake then I have no idea at all on developer investment, but official comment currently is that it is 100% a HD upscale with a couple of bells and whistles.

If you want to know a rough guide on the actual PROGRAMMING aspect, just have a look at the end credits for most games that aren't massive blockbusters and you will be surprised just how few people it actually takes to code a game. Most of the work comes in the form of the assets.

Considering the code is just being ported to the PS3, well it can't take that long. The real reason for this taking so long is clearly ineptitude and financially motivated, likely they are trying to tie in the release date with some other "proper" release.

I think Uncharted 2 had 20 coders + senior coders.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
fillet said:
Peterisyum said:
Square Enix seriously needs to restructure their product development departments. There ineptitude in creating games is absolutely astounding and never fails to amaze me, they must have some awful people overseeing the production of these games. How hard is it to up-res and old PS2 game? its been done numerous times before. Or to try and release a game in the generation it was announced ( actually I think FFV13 was announced before the PS3 even came out). This company is a disgrace.

Amen/

On a seperate note.

In regard to my comment of chucking 5 guys in a room with the source code and giving them a few hundred hours to churn out that game. Well I will admit I am not a developer, I have no knowledge of this stuff per se directly. But I do follow things like porting development and what not. I'm pretty sure we're talking something quite close to this in terms of developer investment.

That is assuming this is a HD "enhancement" (or basic upscale in human speak and if previous "enhancments" are anything to go by). Sure if it's a remake then I have no idea at all on developer investment, but official comment currently is that it is 100% a HD upscale with a couple of bells and whistles.

If you want to know a rough guide on the actual PROGRAMMING aspect, just have a look at the end credits for most games that aren't massive blockbusters and you will be surprised just how few people it actually takes to code a game. Most of the work comes in the form of the assets.

Considering the code is just being ported to the PS3, well it can't take that long. The real reason for this taking so long is clearly ineptitude and financially motivated, likely they are trying to tie in the release date with some other "proper" release.

Thanks for the info, this explains what I'm getting at.

Uncharted 2 = blockbuster big budget game. Many games from studios that aren't 1st party or sequels to hit games and haven't secured massive funding have 3-4 programmers.

I guess it doesn't really *mean* anything or prove anything inparticular and is highly anecdotal, but ahhhh I dunno....this HD upscalings...I'm going to have a look at the credits of SoTC and ICO and see what it says there since that could be a fair comparison to FFX just outta curiousity.

I wouldn't be too too worried about it. It's on its way. ;)

fillet said:
darkknightkryta said:

Thanks for the info, this explains what I'm getting at.

Uncharted 2 = blockbuster big budget game. Many games from studios that aren't 1st party or sequels to hit games and haven't secured massive funding have 3-4 programmers.

I guess it doesn't really *mean* anything or prove anything inparticular and is highly anecdotal, but ahhhh I dunno....this HD upscalings...I'm going to have a look at the credits of SoTC and ICO and see what it says there since that could be a fair comparison to FFX just outta curiousity.

It really depends.  If you're going from one platform to another, then it's not going to be easy.  Going from PS2 games to PS3 should be easier as libraries will most likely be the same.  It'll take a few months to port the game over.  THe problem is QA.  After the game is running you have to test the game for framerate issues and glitches.  That'll probably take another few months.

I'm thought this game would out by now.....

Around the Network

I'm calling it now ... Final Fantasy X has been moved to the 3DS. There's no excuse to not have shown it at TGS and obviously Sony would be begging S-E to do so. Something is up.

Soundwave said:
I'm calling it now ... Final Fantasy X has been moved to the 3DS. There's no excuse to not have shown it at TGS and obviously Sony would be begging S-E to do so. Something is up.

Squeenix has a conference tomorrow.

Better just to wait.

VicViper said:
Soundwave said:

Squeenix has a conference tomorrow.

Better just to wait.

It has to be there then, there's just no excuses for it not to be.

Anybody expecting squeenix to make a good decision is automatically going to be wrong

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Anybody expecting squeenix to make a good decision is automatically going to be wrong

Word

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?