By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFXHD in trouble?

Tagged games:

So...is this game dead?

Yes, just let it go. 19 21.11%

I wouldn't be too confident 8 8.89%

Flip a coin! 13 14.44%

Keep the fayth! 25 27.78%

It's on its way, Yevon will allow it! 25 27.78%

Total:90

That would be quite disappointing as I and no doubt many other's were looking forward to the remake.

It's just one more disappointment from the final fantasy franchise for me sadly if its true.

Square Enix has a very talented staff working on the final fantasy games but sadly I feel as though they've moved away from the more subtle but engaging story telling that hooked me with games like FFVII and FFIX and replaced it with XIII's boring overall story and characters who not only had annoying overly dramatic personalities but were in so many cut scenes we could not get away from them. Combat was ok but lacked the motivation that should have been provided by the main story making it more of a chore after a while.

I personaly wish square would make a game with a brilliant engaging overall story like FFXII and the sometimes overly dramatic but lovable cast of FFX and a more dynamic real time battle system like Kingdoms of amular reckoning had. That would be my dream game.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
ishiki said:
I already play it in HD.

O_o.

Hopefully they redo the voices, and I'll buy. I don't care otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0 

If there are new voices, I will buy it for this one scene. :P

Dont worry guys. new game developers are being born and educated as we speak. SE is just waiting for the ones who would apply them so they could finish the left off work from the dead old staff. should be at least two decades, but don't worry we'll have GT6 and half life3 in a few years because the future developers just finished highschool!

M.U.G.E.N said:
nah that sounds like typical PR response to me. TGS is days away so we will find out one way or the other

Exactly. Why show new material now when TGS is around the corner?

One thing's for sure if it's shown on TGS... this will probably be the first game ever that will be a surprise announcement on two different TGSs!

Around the Network

I think people are reading too much into this.

Square never announced the games release date, its not a remake so there are definitely no development issues. They're probably just had a period in mind where they intend to release it, based on fiscal income or when the intended development team is free etc. It'll come for sure.

Bristow9091 said:
C-M-D said:
ishiki said:
I already play it in HD.

O_o.

Hopefully they redo the voices, and I'll buy. I don't care otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

If there are new voices, I will buy it for this one scene. :P

They better not touch the voices! If they get new voice actors I'll be EXTREMELY pissed!

same ones, but redo it, so it's not all compressed, and so the overall quality is better. Because Videogame voice acting has come a long way since FFX.

I have never played FFX, and the HD version is something I really would like to pick up.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

It would be very disappointing to see FFXHD get cancelled.

SnowPrince said:
When the title was announced for the first time back in the last TGS, Square Enix communicated that FFX was still on "Research Phase" so the developement hadn't started yet at that time..
It's too early to start making guesses.

"Research Phase"....Marketing talk for "Sitting on our arse".

We're talking about a HD upscale of a 10 year old game....That does not need a "Research Phase", it needs source code and a few hundred hours of development by 5 people.