By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
mai said:
oniyide said:

terrible logic, one is a portable one isnt, hell the Vita game isnt even the same one. COD on WIi U isnt going to do anything to it,

Seems sound to me as well.

Wii U is bascially portable console replacement. Hardly I ever took DS or PSP or whatever out of home so it's limited portability isn't an issue for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone here. Probably Japan would like to disagree, but we'll leave Vita for them.

leave it for me too, i use my portables mostly outside my home and i know alot of people who do too, hell i dont know anyone with a portable that uses it in their house more, gotta source that says otherwise??

I use my portable in my house more...

Same 

IMO, portably gaming isn't comfortable on transport or when I'm out and about, I'd rather just listen to music or go on my phone and I'm speaking as someone who doesn't have a smart phone. I think people will be suprised with how many people buy a handheld with the simple intention of having a unique games library and a more personal (in-ear headphones), Sit wherever you want (in your house) game experience.Even during the peak of HH gaming (DS/PSP) I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I saw someone over the age of 11 playing a dedicated game system on the go.

Thats not to say that people don't take them out with them, but I doubt they play it much whilst they're out.

Around the Network
mai said:

oniyide said:

leave it for me too, i use my portables mostly outside my home and i know alot of people who do too, hell i dont know anyone with a portable that uses it in their house more, gotta source that says otherwise??

I dunno, common sense? Can't remember when last time I saw someone with portable console, iphones, tablets - yes, consoles - no, even in waiting room at dentist full of kids. But make a thread if you will, maybe VGC votes against my opinion. My suggestion is Wii U could very well occupy the niche of tablet or portable console gaming partially.

Especially for me, when getting TV time at you very home is a big problem :D

Dont know where you live but i see people with portable devices every day. I get at least one hit on street pass for my 3ds everytime i take it out(which i admit is not as much as before). and i see people with tablets all the time. I think you are wrong about it occuping a niche, seeing as the thing doesnt even have the functions of a legit tablet or portable device, but time will tell.

fair enough, I live in a 2 bedroom apt with my own tv so i never have an issue. matter of fact ive had my own TV since i was about 11 so i never had to fight anyone for tv time in a long time I can see how some would have that issue

I will probably get a vita or 3DS XL early in 2013, then get Wii U, later on around this time next year maybe.

When I get it, i will get black ops II, Assassin's creed III, New super mario bros U, ZombiU, Lego City undercover (if it's out by then) Pikmin 3 and rayman legends alongside some virtual console games (i did not download anything from the Wii at all)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

As I have already a lot of games I want, I will buy one. Probably Jan/Feb, after the christmas-onslaught. What bothers me is, that Amazon Germany lists the games for WiiU all at 70€. That's too much.

Games I want:
ZombiU
Project P-100
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter
Darksiders 2
Assassins Creed 3
Pikmin 3
Bayonetta 2
Nintendoland

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
As I have already a lot of games I want, I will buy one. Probably Jan/Feb, after the christmas-onslaught. What bothers me is, that Amazon Germany lists the games for WiiU all at 70€. That's too much.

Games I want:
ZombiU
Project P-100
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter
Darksiders 2
Assassins Creed 3
Pikmin 3
Bayonetta 2
Nintendoland

Do it like me and order from Zavvi/Thehut. You will have to wait 1-2 weeks before the games arrive after launch but you get them very cheap. Also strangely their 10% coupons work on Wii U preorders.

I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2, ZombiU (Pegi=definitely uncut) and New Super Mario Bros. U from Zavvi all together for 116,86€. That's less than 40€ per game.

I also just put my money down for Bayonetta 2 and The wonderful 101 for 88€. 44€ per game.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

I will get one. Im hoping for launch day. Depends on my cash flow.

Seeing as it's a new Nintendo console, and considering I skipped on the 3DS just so I can have more money for the Wii U, hell yes I will be buying it! Probably get the deluxe, cause I like to show my gaming superiority with the sleek black look.

As for the games: Definitely picking up NSMB U, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, and Rayman.

Maybe (pending reviews): Assassin's Creed 3, Zombi, Wonderful 101

Im still annoyed by the currency exchange crap

retail prices for the white version
US: 300$
JP: 26000y
EU: 300e

according to the exchange rates
1e = 1.3$: 230e
1e = 103y:  252e

someone explain this to me !

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

1e = 1.3$: 252e
1e = 103y: 230e

i dont really understand european prices but Zavvi has the White one for 229 ^.^

sundin13 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

1e = 1.3$: 252e
1e = 103y: 230e

i dont really understand european prices but Zavvi has the White one for 229 ^.^

No, it does not.

http://www.zavvi.com/10475210.html