By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

the page says its 229 squiggly thingies...like i said, i dont know what the squiggly thingy is but its 229 something :P

i guess thats pound and you are talking euros and the conversion is 283...so still cheaper than you said but not by much

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Im still annoyed by the currency exchange crap

retail prices for the white version
US: 300$
JP: 26000y
EU: 300e

according to the exchange rates
1e = 1.3$: 252e
1e = 103y: 230e

someone explain this to me !

Could be the tariffs on importing the products being much higher than in the US.

WiiBox3 said:
Spazzy_D said:
Just waiting for Amazon preorder. Getting the deluxe model, but not sure what games. Have to look at the actual day one launch list.... definetly getting Ninja Gaiden as soon as it comes out, though.

You may be waiting a long time. I got the email this morning saying they don't know if the preorder will become available. Also Amazon (US) has not sold Wiis, 3DSs, 3DS XLs since Nov 2011. You can only get them on their site through third parties.

Check out this Verge article about it. http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/14/3331878/wii-u-amazon-not-available-pre-order

I was going to wait as well, but I ended up just ordering it from Bestbuy.com because know one knows if Amazon will do Wii U preorders.

Yeah, it makes me sad.  I noticed target.com has it up for preorder, I wonder if I'll have abtter chance of actually getting near launch ordering from their then from Bestbuy?

I will most likely buy one within the first six months and I will get the 32gb Wii U when I do get it.

I'm sure it will be a x-mas gift to myself... I want the deluxe edition

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

I will probably get it some months after the first Zelda for it is released.

oniyide said:

Dont know where you live but i see people with portable devices every day. I get at least one hit on street pass for my 3ds everytime i take it out(which i admit is not as much as before). and i see people with tablets all the time. I think you are wrong about it occuping a niche, seeing as the thing doesnt even have the functions of a legit tablet or portable device, but time will tell.

fair enough, I live in a 2 bedroom apt with my own tv so i never have an issue. matter of fact ive had my own TV since i was about 11 so i never had to fight anyone for tv time in a long time I can see how some would have that issue

Did I just said that I see portable devices often, but not portable consoles. You want sources? Here some random one:

http://www.1up.com/news/japan-survey-handhelds-dominate

Even Japan plays their handhelds at home :D Imagine what are the stats for other regions.

I had a couple TVs, not counting computer monitors as well. But I won't bother to rehook my Wii every time I use it, and I just can't take away it from living room - kids would protest :D I just may as wel buy a second  one, but this just not worth it.

Just pre-ordered it! Premium package, I will also get Zombi U, NSMBUand Pikmin 3 (if available) on release date. I might get black ops 2 as well.

I'll get one, if in stock with Rayman Legends, NSMBU and probably ZombieU.
If it's not in stock, I'll wait. It's not like there's nothing else to play around that time.

I'll get the 32gb version if ZombieU comes with it, otherwise I'll use my own flash card when the 8gb runs out. As long as the store uses a point system I won't be using it anyway.

I may have to wait until early next year to be able to buy it in my country, but there is a slim chance I might be able to go to the US in November so I will definitely pick it up there :D

Nintendo and PC gamer