By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
kowenicki said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

kowenicki said:

That is an odd choice.

Also what is the distance and line of sight aspect to this.  In other words... WiiU in one room, me in another, can I play a game on the pad that way?

Well there isn't any official statement about the wireless range yet but according to multiple sources it is strong enough to work in different rooms or even differnt floors to the console.

Thats what I thougth, so given the way the vita is going (ports or versions of mainstream games), this is a very big deal.  As soon as I saw that demo of COD BO II I thought, well there goes at least some of the Vita audience.  I know the Vita works away from home, but the vast majority of handheld gaming is done in your own home.  So I am kinda seeing the contra of the PS3 + Vita argument... WiiU is a potential Vita killer (tin hat on)

Pretty sound logic, I agree 100%.

terrible logic, one is a portable one isnt, hell the Vita game isnt even the same one. COD on WIi U isnt going to do anything to it,

Around the Network
Spazzy_D said:
Just waiting for Amazon preorder. Getting the deluxe model, but not sure what games. Have to look at the actual day one launch list.... definetly getting Ninja Gaiden as soon as it comes out, though.

You may be waiting a long time. I got the email this morning saying they don't know if the preorder will become available. Also Amazon (US) has not sold Wiis, 3DSs, 3DS XLs since Nov 2011. You can only get them on their site through third parties.

Check out this Verge article about it. http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/14/3331878/wii-u-amazon-not-available-pre-order

I was going to wait as well, but I ended up just ordering it from Bestbuy.com because know one knows if Amazon will do Wii U preorders.

oniyide said:

terrible logic, one is a portable one isnt, hell the Vita game isnt even the same one. COD on WIi U isnt going to do anything to it,

Seems sound to me as well.

Wii U is bascially portable console replacement. Hardly I ever took DS or PSP or whatever out of home so it's limited portability isn't an issue for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone here. Probably Japan would like to disagree, but we'll leave Vita for them.

Already ordered a Premium and AC3, plan on pre-ordering Darksiders 2, ZombiU, Mario, and 007 Legends later

mai said:
oniyide said:

Wii U is bascially portable console replacement. Hardly I ever took DS or PSP or whatever out of home so it's limited portability isn't an issue for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone here. Probably Japan would like to disagree, but we'll leave Vita for them.

leave it for me too, i use my portables mostly outside my home and i know alot of people who do too, hell i dont know anyone with a portable that uses it in their house more, gotta source that says otherwise??

Around the Network

I'm on board. I want a white one, but I'm sure I'll miss the storage if I don't get the 32GB version. :/

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

oniyide said:

leave it for me too, i use my portables mostly outside my home and i know alot of people who do too, hell i dont know anyone with a portable that uses it in their house more, gotta source that says otherwise??

I dunno, common sense? Can't remember when last time I saw someone with portable console, iphones, tablets - yes, consoles - no, even in waiting room at dentist full of kids. But make a thread if you will, maybe VGC votes against my opinion. My suggestion is Wii U could very well occupy the niche of tablet or portable console gaming partially.

Especially for me, when getting TV time at you very home is a big problem :D

oniyide said:
mai said:
oniyide said:

I use my portable in my house more...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Will, at latest by christmas. I like that Nintendo always tries to be inovative.

ZombieU, Rayman and possibly Trine2 will be my first games. 

DieAppleDie said:
Mii

U?

Already pre ordered the Deluxe Set with Nintendo Land as pack-in and also got ZombiU, NSMBU and TTT2.

I also just ordered The wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. Since it will be a while until they release and I got a 10% coupon that expires shortly, I figured I just put my support for PG down right now. Got both for 88€.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.