By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's not yet enticing enough for me. However a new Super Smash Bros and Endless Ocean (in HD!) would probably sway me into buying one.

Around the Network

Not really that excited for it to be honest. I don't think the launch titles are that great. Most games are games that will have already been released on ps3 and Xbox, with a few new gimmicks added. When Pokemon, super smash brothers and Luigis mansion start releasing, then I'll be interested. I'm more looking forward to next year when the last of us, god of war ascension and beyond two souls will be releasing on ps3. Im even considering rebuying a cheap 360 just to play halo 4 and a few other games.

Then of course there's the ps4 and Xbox 720 eluding us. I'm really hyped for those, but not for the wii u. I'll probably buy it in time though.

I'm getting within the first year I think... and the games I want is:
NSMBU
ZombiU
Rayman Legends
Batman
Pikmin 3 (maybe)
NintendoLand (it'll come with the Premium package)
Aliens (maybe, not sure)
DarkSiders 2 (for sure)

Yeah, I think that's it...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Gamerace said:
It's not yet enticing enough for me. However a new Super Smash Bros and Endless Ocean (in HD!) would probably sway me into buying one.

A new Endless Ocean in HD would be stunning. It would be so pretty.

fmjasinski  said:

Why are so many comments "I just bought a Vita" or "I will buy a Vita" in this topic?

Because they have spent or will spend their money on Vita and therefore they won't be able to buy WiiU?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I always need 3 games that I want to justify my purchase, since Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and Aliens: Colonial Marines don't have an actual release date, that leaves only Zombi U on the table and that is not enough for a day 1 purchase.

My Response will be, YES I will get one at some point between launch and march 31st 2013, at the moment when 3 of the games I want are available, and of course will buy the deluxe pack with 3 games of the ones above and then will try to sell Nintendo Land.

Around the Network

Me, the only question left where in the NA I can pre-order the damn thing and have it delivered worldwide.

Preordered w/ NSMBU

For my part, i tend to buy launch consoles (and remember, here, that i only ever buy Nintendo consoles period) with whatever's available, knowing that it will justify itself eventually. My DS sat around largely unused from Christmas 2004 until Summer 2005 when i picked up Bomberman (mistake) and Kirby Canvas Curse (win). Wii did a little better, with help from the magic social glue of Wii Sports and the fact that the first follow-up purchase was (the INCREDIBLY underrated) Sonic and the Secret Rings in February 2007. 3DS didn't get its first supplemental purchase (post Pilotwings) until Zelda: OoT3D in June. GameCube started quicker, with me getting the console for Christmas 2001 and with Tony Hawk and Sonic Adventure 2 following in early 2002. Game Boy Advance i got near launch, but didn't start buying until the following summer (2002 was a good year for gaming)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Getting it day 1.  Have to preorder it when I get back home on Tuesday.

I'm debating now if I will get it at launch day or not. At the moment it's probably day one or 1 week later.
Other than that, I will be purchasing NSMB.U and probably that Oroci3.Hyper game. I was pretty excited for Darksiders 2 but my hype for that game has faded.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

kowenicki said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

kowenicki said:

That is an odd choice.

Also what is the distance and line of sight aspect to this.  In other words... WiiU in one room, me in another, can I play a game on the pad that way?

Well there isn't any official statement about the wireless range yet but according to multiple sources it is strong enough to work in different rooms or even differnt floors to the console.

Thats what I thougth, so given the way the vita is going (ports or versions of mainstream games), this is a very big deal.  As soon as I saw that demo of COD BO II I thought, well there goes at least some of the Vita audience.  I know the Vita works away from home, but the vast majority of handheld gaming is done in your own home.  So I am kinda seeing the contra of the PS3 + Vita argument... WiiU is a potential Vita killer (tin hat on)

Pretty sound logic, I agree 100%.