By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Let's discuss 2012 Music

pezus said:

I've grown to like the new Muse song:

But this is quite possibly the best song of the year:

The video was posted yesterday, love it.

Around the Network
Cub said:
spurgeonryan said:
I seem to really be enjoying 2011-2012 pop music. I have no idea what any of the names are because I only hear them on the radio and change stations when they go to breaks.

Rhianna
Keshia ( New album coming this year)
Pit Bull
Probably 90 percent of the pop songs on these days is music that I enjoy. Adele is another one, Katey perry, Niki Minaj ( too an extent) and more.

Enjoyed some songs of the original. Animal is my favourite, definitely waiting for the second one!

Yeah but she's so.... so..... what's the word I am looking for?

NintendoPie said:

I agree with Pezus, Gangnam Style has changed the world forever!

But, I really (REALLLLLLLYYY!) like BoA's new album(Only One)!KARA's new album (Pandora) is also really good.

lol, what's the song about? It's fun I just don't get what he is singing about ^_^

NintendoPie said:
Cub said:
spurgeonryan said:
I seem to really be enjoying 2011-2012 pop music. I have no idea what any of the names are because I only hear them on the radio and change stations when they go to breaks.

Rhianna
Keshia ( New album coming this year)
Pit Bull
Probably 90 percent of the pop songs on these days is music that I enjoy. Adele is another one, Katey perry, Niki Minaj ( too an extent) and more.

Enjoyed some songs of the original. Animal is my favourite, definitely waiting for the second one!

Yeah but she's so.... so..... what's the word I am looking for?

Skanky?

man-bear-pig said:

Skanky?

Ahah! Yes, that's what I was looking for. xD

Around the Network

dedicated to Ps3 before he gets angry nobody mentioned it:

she even e-mailed me to tell that:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Smashing Pumpkins Ocenia album= amazing.

Metric Synthetica album= a few nice songs

The Fray Scars and Stories album= Shut up! We all have our guilty pleasures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

@axumblade: Join me and TruckOSaurus , we are so hyped for the new No Doubt album!
I also loved the new metric album, I still think fantasies is better though, this would be one of my favorite, what a catchy song lol.

@Nikkom: checking out Norah Jones for the first time, Happy Pills is playing now. I like it so far. Regina is amazing. Lana is good I just really hate her videos lol.

No idea about the other bands you've mentioned though, Care to post some songs of their songs? you had no trouble linking Taylor ;D

@NintendoPie:

She is trash, sings trashy songs, I still don't mind listening to them , especially when I am cleaning the house

Soleron said:
NintendoPie said:
Soleron said:

Owl City decided that he'd give up his style and only do collabs with Carly Rae Jepsen.

Now it's generic radio pop like everything else. Completely missing his synth instrumentals or variation past about 1 minute.

That songs catchy! (Though CRJ's voice seems awkward outside of Call Me Maybe...)

When the chorus is, na na na na, the song has no meaning. Yes it's catchy but I can't picture anything -> no emotional impact. The rest of his album is worse than that because it's not catchy, it's just trying too hard to get radioplay.

I liked few songs of his second album. I haven't given his newest album a listen, I was put off by some song with the word "aligator" in it. It was bad.

Could this guy with his synth instruments interest you?

Signalstar said:
Smashing Pumpkins Ocenia album= amazing.

Metric Synthetica album= a few nice songs

The Fray Scars and Stories album= Shut up! We all have our guilty pleasures.

I remember you choosing "You are a tourist - Death Cab for cutie" as one of the best songs in 2011, I am obliged to check smashing pumpkins and the fray albums now :/

Snythetica is nice, not as good as fantasies though.