By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Let's discuss 2012 Music

SuperiorX99 said:
I felt these past few years have been pretty good to Indie music. To name a few:

The XX (although their album came out in 2009, I just recently grew to like them a lot, plus their second album is coming out on the 12th)

Beirut
Beach House
Bloc Party

Then there are bands from different genres who have recently released something new, such as:

Regina Spektor
Muse

We have similar tastes, as I like The xx , Beach house, Rigna spector and Muse but I haven't heard about the rest. My last recommendation in this thread (since I am starting to feel like a spammer) is Exitmusic, they are a new indie band, you may enjoy them. :)

Around the Network
Cub said:
SuperiorX99 said:
I felt these past few years have been pretty good to Indie music. To name a few:

The XX (although their album came out in 2009, I just recently grew to like them a lot, plus their second album is coming out on the 12th)

Beirut
Beach House
Bloc Party

Then there are bands from different genres who have recently released something new, such as:

Regina Spektor
Muse

We have similar tastes, as I like The xx , Beach house, Rigna spector and Muse but I haven't heard about the rest. My last recommendation in this thread (since I am starting to feel like a spammer) is Exitmusic, they are a new indie band, you may enjoy them. :)

I'll try them out. I listen to a lot of progressive rock, classic rock, and metal, but recently, they've  been kinda boring. Indie music, I feel, has begun to distance itself from what it once was, not that that's bad thing. Nowadays, I'm playing catch-up with bands that I haven't had the chance to listen to, so thanks!

This is the true definition of owning.

Muse fans, get a taste!

http://wmuk-apache.co.uk/widgets/muse/the2ndlaw/index.php?loc=uk

I've bought Midsummer Station by Owl City and Beacon by Two Door Cinema Club in the past month. A few months ago I bought Overexposed by Maroon 5 and Strangeland by Keane. I think that's all for this year.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Sooo any metalheads here? Wintersun's new album "Time I" comes in like 2 weeks. Quite possibly my most anticipated album of all time so I'm pretty psyched. And it only took 8 years to get here!

Also recently got my favorite band's new release: Sonata Artcica's "Stone's Grow Her Name," and have been addicted to it since it came out. Definitely a departure from their typical power metal style but I like the unique twist to it. There's a nice variety of songs in there, some more traditional power metal, some thrashy stuff, hard rock, even a couple of country/bluesy songs complete with a banjo! There are few bands that have the balls to really experiment like Sonata has.

Around the Network

Muse's madness is good and so is of monster and men's little talks (I love that song so much!) We still get decent music nowadays and those are some of the songs we will remember this era for.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

and I just bought Battle Born by the Killers. It should be arriving soon

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

2012 has been a good year for Christian metal:

Saint - Desperate Night
Becoming the Archetype - I AM
The Sacrificed - III
Affector - Harmageddon
Blessed by a Broken Heart - Feel the Power
Demon Hunter - True Defiance
Driver - Countdown
Teramaze - Anhedonia
War of Ages - Return to Life

And there were a ton more I'm not a huge fan of - As I Lay Dying, Tourniquet, and a few more coming out by Deliverance and Scandinavian Metal Worship.

Good year!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

Saint - Desperate Night
The Sacrificed - III
Affector - Harmageddon
Driver - Countdown
Teramaze - Anhedonia

And there were a ton more I'm not a huge fan of - As I Lay Dying, Tourniquet, and a few more coming out by Deliverance and Scandinavian Metal Worship.

Good year!

Did you like Thousand Foot Krutch: The End is Where We Begin? or do you usually stick with metal?

TheKingofRedLions said:
mrstickball said:

Saint - Desperate Night
The Sacrificed - III
Affector - Harmageddon
Driver - Countdown
Teramaze - Anhedonia

Good year!

Did you like Thousand Foot Krutch: The End is Where We Begin? or do you usually stick with metal?

Haven't listened to it in its entirety... Not a huge TFK fan, though. I've listened to them for ~10 years, and after awhile, it kinda sounds the same.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.