By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game genres you dont play or avoid and why.

Sports games popped up a lot, and im honestly not surprised. A little surprised at the amount of times FPSs and RPGs did, I always thought those were really popular even on this site.

Around the Network

Sports - I think to enjoy annual iterations of Madden, you need to be a fan of NFL. All my friends who like Madden cannot play 2-3 year old games because all the players have changed. So...since I barely watch sports, I don't care. However NFL Blitz can be fun.

Fighting - I'm not a fan of arcade fighting games much, well actually I'm not a fan of most fighters. I only like Smash Bros because it's cool seeing Bowser finally defeat Mario.

MMO - Waste of time

Online Shooters like CoD - I don't avoid these fully, as they are great and fun games, but I don't have much interest in them I have MW1 and 3, and Black Ops and I think BO was a terrible decision. However Quantum of Solice was excellent.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

RTS - cause im too stupid and always loose

Sports - Cant get into them and find them kinda stupid

MMOs, most music games. Same reasons as most.

SW-5120-1900-6153

FPS and world war 2 games...
im not feeling the love for it

Around the Network

If this generation hadn't opened the flood gates that cause this saturation of this genre.....

FPS - They've become repetitive. boring and there's too many of them. Also they're not as interactive as other genres like Adventure, and Beat-em-ups.

WRPGs - I just can't relate to them. esp with the story. I honestly tried to like them such as Fable but I just couldn't.

Sim Racing - Racing games that use too much logic and realism in the physics department sort of takes the fun out of "beating" the other racers. (i.e. mario kart, f-zero, and Excite Truck)

Sports games- Same thing over and over again, fun maybe an hour.

MMOs: Not paying a subscription fee for a game that requires massive amounts of time invested in it and that I'll probably end up playing sporadically for a few months and then wish I didn't even bother in the first place.

Modern JRPGs: Been there done that gameplay, and way too Japanese-y and borderline emo characters and storylines for my taste.

Hack-and-slash type action/adventure games like GOW and DMC: just can't get into them.

Pretty much every other genre I will at least dabble in every now and then.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Sports Games: I never really get the appeal on this genre. I also always feel left out when my friends play it and I dont, I try but I just get bored

Yay!!!

Dancing, Fitness and all that: I don't like dancing, and I don't have weight problems, so no, thanks.

Puzzles: Entertaining at first, but get boring fast.

Life Sims: Cleaning the backyard is boring, why I'm doing it again in a game?

MMO's: Spent hundreds of hours on those before they had graphics, and I'm not going to do it again.

FPS, TPS: Tried them and never enjoyed them. Shooting isn't my favourite way to deal with enemies.

RTS: I actually do like those, but playing them makes me feel sick since I got RTSphobia in 1997 summer. Two months without friends and internet, crap on TV, and the only games I had were Warcraft II, Panzer Dragoon and Sega Rally, all of them beated. So the only thing I could do in those two months was to play those crazy extra stages of Warcraft II like alamo. It sounds like a joke, but it isn't.