By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Yay! Wait...What the F***!!! ~ Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his Tour de France titles - Will he admit to doping on Oprah?

Tagged games:

will he admit it?

no 7 15.91%

yes 30 68.18%

Would be stupid if he did 1 2.27%

If he ever wants to race again, yes. 5 11.36%

Total:43

Here's the thing...there is zero physical evidence that he has ever used performance-enhancing drugs AND he has never tested positive in a drugs test...this is ridiculous.

Around the Network

If he did it, then rightfully so. But I'm 99% certain he was clean, and 400-500 drugs tests would agree with me.

People can't stand the fact that he was just THE best.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I agree with both man-bear-pig and congeamer, I'm not a fan of the tour de france of cycling for that matter. But It's a little hard to believe with the hundreds of test that came out clean during his career, they are only basing these claims on hearsay. If I was Armstrong I wouldn't have given up at all.

if he was cheating then he should sell whatever he was taking and put it on the market as it was untraceable for years!!!!

He will only lose the titles if he gives up for sure. He still has time to change his mind. He should, but after reading his statement he has been facing allegations of doping since 1999, that is 13-14 years. He is tired of it and who can blame him when he has never tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. He should keep fighting, but I can see how this would wear on any person being so thoroughly for so long. Saying fuck him is not even looking into what is happening and just labeling him a cheater.

He was a cheater through all of his career. Nothing to discuss.

Around the Network

Never liked the guy, but this whole thing is fishy as hell. He shouldn't be proving his innocence at this point. The guy has been tested, and questioned during his whole career, why keep going with that?

90% of riders are on dope
Lance was taking the same amount of dope than all them together..lol

i remember watching him win the Gold medal before his cancer
he was a good rider on even but had no mountain skill at all...suddenly became the all-around number one
we knew it from day one.....at least he brought a lot of spectacle to my TV

wow seriously how does everyone believe hes a cheat. I consider him innocent until physically proven guilty. The reason why he has given up is because he just cannot deal with the USASA accusations anymore. its clear they will keep on him until he gives up no matter how innocent. its pretty sick really. its affecting his life and taking up all his time fighting it. another point is I think he dropped the counter suit and not the innocence so article is misleading.

All its former teammates have been alleged of using drugs.
We're not talking of vulgar EPO, basically, in sports, only the ones who use cheap, last generation drugs get caught. If he has not been caught, it's because he was taking something undetectable at the time he was running. Everybody in this little world knows that. The only thing is that he is a symbol.

What bothers me is that in this sport, everybody knew he was winning cause he was cheating, look at cheaters who were behind him.... it was a secret to no one but those who were believing the fairy tale of 'he was better'.

Now that he has been officialy stripped from its titles, means that all the other one can now claim for victory and prejudice... Also, this can lead now to real investigation, now that he won't be protected by an army of lawyers...

Nonetheless, that does not mean the other sports are clean, take rugby, football.. it's just that nobody cares to stir the shit too much in these lucrative sports... Even tennis has its own agency for testing, and decisions against those who are caught cheating are done 'internally' so that it does not cause major shitstorms in medias...

hsrob said:

That article didn't start well so a few tidbits I have picked up while following this case.

Armstrong was, during his career, the most tested cyclists ever. He has never tested positive for anything, ever.

A federal case against him was dropped a couple of years back because there was no evidence to support claims that he was or had been a drug cheat.

The USADA has taken it upon themselves to 'prove' that Armstrong is a cheat going so far as to coerce former team mates to agree to testify against him, some of whom have already been proven guilty as drug cheats. This is in spite of the fact that they still have not revealed any substantial evidence against him.

Armstrong has simply refused to mount a defense against the USADA charges because it seems there is real concern that they could simply bring another case against him even if this one is dismissed, starting the whole process again. Armstrong claims he is tired of him and his family being 'harassed' in the course of this and other previous investigations and this is why he is refusing to mount a defence.

In spite of the fact that the USADA appears to have the right to ban Armstrong from competing in organised sports without 'proving' him guilty by the usual standards, the UCI (International Cycling Federation) has up to this point supported Armstrong's claim that they actually have no real jurisdiction to bring charges against him and certainly no jurisdiction to strip him of his Tour De France victories.

What I like least about this whole process is that it appears in the eyes of the USADA people are guilty until proven innocent and their heavy handed an uneven approach has meant it's likely there will never be a resolution to this case. As much as I admire Armstrong I would like him to be found guilty, if he is in fact so, but equally he should be afforded a legitimate opportunity to maintain innocence until that guilt is proved.

As it stands it's unlikely now that we will ever actually know one way or another, leaving him as both the greatest and most succesful drug cheat in the history of cycling and the greatest Tour De France rider ever.

this.  but mostly bold.