By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Yay! Wait...What the F***!!! ~ Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his Tour de France titles - Will he admit to doping on Oprah?

Tagged games:

will he admit it?

no 7 15.91%

yes 30 68.18%

Would be stupid if he did 1 2.27%

If he ever wants to race again, yes. 5 11.36%

Total:43
KHlover said:
yum123 said:
Turkish said:
The man is a legend, I don't care what he used. He was a rolemodel for people that had cancer and gave them hope.

This the fact that he has has set up a charity that has helped many people and been seen as a role model for all those years makes it not matter. But I do think since he did cheat he should give 75% of his wealth away to his charity or charity in general as punishment. which will still leave him as a multimillionaire.

Dude, are you mistaking the USA for France?

what are you talking about. Im not talking about tax if thats what your getting at. I mean as punishment take away 75% just a number I made up on the spot of his personal wealth and give it away to charity so that the money I supposed he shouldnt have got can go towards a good cause.

Around the Network
yum123 said:
KHlover said:
yum123 said:
Turkish said:
The man is a legend, I don't care what he used. He was a rolemodel for people that had cancer and gave them hope.

This the fact that he has has set up a charity that has helped many people and been seen as a role model for all those years makes it not matter. But I do think since he did cheat he should give 75% of his wealth away to his charity or charity in general as punishment. which will still leave him as a multimillionaire.

Dude, are you mistaking the USA for France?

what are you talking about. Im not talking about tax if thats what your getting at. I mean as punishment take away 75% just a number I made up on the spot of his personal wealth and give it away to charity so that the money I supposed he shouldnt have got can go towards a good cause.

I think he should give 2% of his wealth away. Because that's the advantage doping gave him at most. And if I took the advantage over others it would be - 0%.

kowenicki said:
What a prick. No remorse, no apologies to the people whose lives he ruined or damaged. No real apology, no real revelations of who helped, who was involved, how it worked.

We already knew you are a cheating scumbag Armstrong, tell us something we didn't know.

Weak interview by his friend Oprah.

Full release of all information please.

Followed by civil actions to remove all of his wealth and then a criminal case for purjury and fraud ending in a jail sentence,

That'll do it.

I didn't know people cared so much about bicycling...

Booyah said:
I think with his admission that just goes to show you how much of a joke the drug testing is in all sports now.

Unfortunately all the sports are too busy raking in the monies to really care about regulating it properly.

Its also sad how many people he bullied and trashed publicly just to maintain his innocence, just adds insult to injury.

Depends what you mean. That it's easy to avoid being caught, or that there's some pretty heavy corruption going on?

He did test positive in 1999 but he managed to get the test result buried. Then a French newspaper came out a few years later and exposed the 1999 test and it was more or less pilloried for it. I must admit to initially thinking it was French sour grapes, but part of me always thought there's no smoke without fire. So the French newspaper article made me suspect. So if you mean the tests are easy to beat, I disagree that it's a waste, people are still caught. But if you mean there's corruption then yes it seems it could be a bit of a joke.

He's the epitome of do whatever it takes to win and stay on top. A motive that some people credit as virtue, which I find unfathomable. It's a perversion of striving for excellence and determination, both of which are commendable attitudes. But when mixed with win at all costs it's toxic.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Awful interview, she really let him off the hook. I wonder will she go a bit harder on him in part two? Probably not. Specifically I'd like to see her suggest that he defrauded his sponsors, see what he says to that. What an arsehole.

Anyway, someone at the start of the thread asked the usual question: who should be given his Tour titles since everyone was doping? Well here's an article showing the hishest placing rider never implicated in doping for each of his wins. Not conclusive but interesting stuff anyway

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/blazin-saddles/really-won-tours-lance-153516263.html

Around the Network

The guy has over $100M in assets... He's crying all the way to the bank.

Tease.

^^^Good. Then he should be able to return all his prize money.

It's amazing some people don't get that this is more than just about doping.

Yes, EVERYONE IN CYCLING IS (or was) DOPED. No argument.

The difference is that almost all - if not all of them - admitted it. Lance took people to court over his lies.
That is what I hold against him.

kowenicki said:
Squilliam said:

For now.  The insurers underwriting the sponsors rewards WILL go after him. 

I hope he goes bankrupt. 

This guy has ruined people to get where he is 

Hopefully.

kowenicki said:
Squilliam said:

For now.  The insurers underwriting the sponsors rewards WILL go after him. 

I hope he goes bankrupt. 

This guy has ruined people to get where he is 

This is the important thing, isn't it? You always hear the same excuses: "Everyone in cycling was doing it", "he raised loads of money for charity" (although there are questions that can be raised about that too) and, until recently, the ridiculous "nothing has been proven". But these don't address the real reason people hate him, which is that he's an absolutely awful person who has ruined other people's lives and shown absolutely no contrition.

I had to weigh in on this, as it really pisses me. And it's not just Lance in Cycling. It's Mark McGuire/Jose Consaco/Barry Bonds in Baseball. Mike Tyson in boxing. And so many more that I can't even think of at the moment, plus those not caught yet. What this does is not only makes them a FAKE winner, but it robs every other athlete who spent their life legitimately working towards a dream (what few do actually attempt it fairly that is). I know that if I had spent my life attempting to train, eat right, loose sleep in preparation for an event, only to loose to a doping cheater, I'd BE PISSED AS HELL. Then all those athletes that lost, and have passed their prime, or gave it their all on their one big game/shot/chance/event, only to loose to a DOPING CHEATER!!!

Just such a shame and completely ruins the idea of competition. As this is SO prevalent now, you almost HAVE to assume that someone is cheating....How is that supposed to inspire someone/anyone, to go out there and give it there all, knowing someone else is going to come along and steal the win, by cheating. But that's the nature of the dirt-bag humans for ya. Take what you can, hurt whoever you have to in the process to get what you want, feel no shame or remorse about it, and still believe that what you did in some way was a good thing. P-E-O-P-L-E

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.