By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Yay! Wait...What the F***!!! ~ Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his Tour de France titles - Will he admit to doping on Oprah?

Tagged games:

will he admit it?

no 7 15.91%

yes 30 68.18%

Would be stupid if he did 1 2.27%

If he ever wants to race again, yes. 5 11.36%

Total:43

I was told YEARS ago that he was doping, and that's why he got cancer. Because it's bad to mess with your hormones, etc.

I just assumed that everyone with a yellow band new that, and didn't care. It was like "Winning at all Cost!" (And I just avoided them.)

Watching the reaction reminds me when people were surprised when Ellen, Clay Aiken or George Michael came out as gay. I just remember thinking, really? How do people not know that?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

The sad thing is that so many knew he was cheating but they let him go on....The interest from USA in the Tour de France because of Armstrong came with a load of money and big sponsers enough to shut their mouth..

I think with his admission that just goes to show you how much of a joke the drug testing is in all sports now.

Unfortunately all the sports are too busy raking in the monies to really care about regulating it properly.

Its also sad how many people he bullied and trashed publicly just to maintain his innocence, just adds insult to injury.

I'm baffled that you actually believed in his innocence up to this point. You were being delusional. The "war" he faught against institutions was a dirty one.

And what's with him beating cancer? I don't know if you can "beat" cancer by force of will. What does that even mean? That all the people dying from cancer were pathetic losers?

I still can't believe how naive people are about performance enchancers in sports and society in general, its so common, no one should be surprised to find out that someone is on the juice these days.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
The sad thing is that so many knew he was cheating but they let him go on....The interest from USA in the Tour de France because of Armstrong came with a load of money and big sponsers enough to shut their mouth..

I have come to the same conclusion. Like Greg LeMond before him, he sold the Tour to the US.

Cycling has been in a tough place for years. If you are clean you are unlikely to win anything but to be successful and make money you need to win.

What do you do? Cycling has been trying to hide it's drug abuse and turning a blind eye but the general consensus is that "everyone" is doped.

I am not going to judge Lance on what he did.  He is only human and wanting success can drive most people to do anything if they think they can get away with it.

What I don't like is that he didn't come clean earlier like the other cyclists and admit it. These riders have now moved on and some like Contador serverd the penalty and are now back riding again and winning the lucrative Grand Tours.

It takes a real man to own up and a coward not to. He should have man up and admitted it long time ago instead of the constant, aggressive denials and threats to those who called him out.

All that has made the whole thing far worse for him.

I thought the Oprah show was over? Also, cheating on cycling seems to be a common thing. It was obvious he did it. It was suspicious that he won that many times.

as i've always said, really it's more surprising if he didn't dope. Considering EVERBODY in cycling does. So if the only guy who wasn't, was the guy who always won... something is up.

Turkish said:
The man is a legend, I don't care what he used. He was a rolemodel for people that had cancer and gave them hope.

This the fact that he has has set up a charity that has helped many people and been seen as a role model for all those years makes it not matter. But I do think since he did cheat he should give 75% of his wealth away to his charity or charity in general as punishment. which will still leave him as a multimillionaire.

yum123 said:
Turkish said:
The man is a legend, I don't care what he used. He was a rolemodel for people that had cancer and gave them hope.

This the fact that he has has set up a charity that has helped many people and been seen as a role model for all those years makes it not matter. But I do think since he did cheat he should give 75% of his wealth away to his charity or charity in general as punishment. which will still leave him as a multimillionaire.

Dude, are you mistaking the USA for France?