By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Things that we all agree on.

Let's try to create a list of things that we (as in, the active political community) all agree on, or at least, the majority /mostly/ agree.

- Legalization/Decriminalization of marijuana.
 - Central banks such as the Fed, at the very least, requires more accountability and transparency.
 - Freedom of political speech and protest (I single out political speech, as I think speech such as hate speech is 50/50).
 - Civil rights. Mostly. (though we have varying degrees on certain issues, and very different approaches).

That's all I can think of, anyone else got anything?

Around the Network

Superman 64 is the worst game ever.

EDIT: Aw this is in politics discussion, I didn't notice until after I posted. Unfortunately I can't think of anything we'd all agree on..

You're right that civil rights is a stretch, since the question of what is a "right" or which kinds of rights are endemic to man seems to be at the roots of most of our disputes.

I mean, you disagree with portions of the Federal Civil Rights Act, do you not? Like the ones that ban businesses from discriminating based on race, with the idea that the free market would correct for that, but that it was nobody's "right" to tell business owners what they could and couldn't do.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Anyone who committed financial fraud will have all their assets and monies taken away.

I'll give it a shot:

The government has no right to stop two consenting adults from getting married.

Any objections?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Lets try:

Current copyright terms should be reduced
Software patents should be invalid

Amen to the copyright and patents thing.

As for marriages, I'd have objections in some cases concerning rights and obligations, specially matrimonial regimes. Some people can be easily misled by someone with pecuniary interests and still be considered technically consent.

Kantor said:
I'll give it a shot:

The government has no right to stop two consenting adults from getting married.

Any objections?

Your wording doesn't exclude polygamy.

Yeah, sure I'll approve. =)

wfz said:

Superman 64 is the worst game ever.

EDIT: Aw this is in politics discussion, I didn't notice until after I posted. Unfortunately I can't think of anything we'd all agree on..

I used to own that game. BEYOND awful.

As for this thread, women should not be financially compensated outside of 1 year after divorce. Also, voting is picking poison.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

How about "People have the right to exist?"

Love and tolerate.