By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Things that we all agree on.

SamuelRSmith said:
the2real4mafol said:
SamuelRSmith said:
FrancisNobleman said:
KFC >>> McDonalds

This should be universal

I'm in Hong Kong. HK McDonald's is awesome (seriously, seaweed salt on the fries - AWESOME). HK KFC is awful - no mash, no gravy.... you get some rice dish, instead.

So, not Universal.

Back West, though, I'd agree.

that's interesting, i though KFC was just chicken and fries, regardless of location. If I ever go to Kong Hong, i will have a McDonalds lol, just to try it.

Do you travel alot then?

A little bit. But I'm working for a year in Hong Kong (HSBC).

And if that's all you thought KFC was, daaaaamn girl. The chicken is awesome, yes... but everybody knows it's the awesome sides that makes it kick ass.

Wow, nice. lucky you. What's it like in Hong Kong?

I've played the game sleeping dogs and in that game it's quite a busy, upbeat city with quite alot going on. Anything like that?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:

I've played the game sleeping dogs and in that game it's quite a busy, upbeat city with quite alot going on. Anything like that?

Yes, it's probably the busiest city I've been to (I've been London and New York, for reference). Hong Kong is absolutely awesome.

Also, trust me on this, a British accent goes a long way in places like Hong Kong.

SamuelRSmith said:
the2real4mafol said:

Yes, it's probably the busiest city I've been to (I've been London and New York, for reference). Hong Kong is absolutely awesome.

Also, trust me on this, a British accent goes a long way in places like Hong Kong.

Cool, I will have to go there someday. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

homer said:
Of course! Use it's other qualities. Just don't legalize it for drug use. I also find it humorous how that was the topic that interested you the most when my other claims are usually viewed as controversial. I want to know people's view on baby killing though.

We're worlds apart on abortion. Hell I'd even say that after the kid is born, if there's some sort of complication with the childbirth process and the kid comes out mentally handicapped (like the umbilical cord gets wrapped around its neck for a minute which causes brain damage) I think you should be able to euthanize it if you want. As a parent I wouldn't want to have to take care of a special needs child his/her entire life...and as a taxpayer I don't want my hard earned tax dollars goin towards programs for special needs kids. 

And my contribution to the thread:

- Fiat currencies should be banned worldwide (well, not banned but nobody should be stupid enough to use them), all currency should be backed by something real such as silver/gold or another resource of actual value. 

- There is not a single thing you can name that the government runs more effieciently/cost-effectively than the private sector could and therefore I think everything (with the exceptions of national defence, police departments and courts) should be privatized. 

Mr Khan said:
I thought of one:

Drunk-driving/other DUI laws.

Objection. I obviously think drinking and driving is wrong, but I don't think there should be specific laws just for drunk driving alone. 

My point is if you had 3 or 4 beers and are at about a 0.09% BAC and you are driving perfectly fine, but get stopped at a random police checkpoint looking for drunk drivers why should you be ticketed and have a DUI go on your criminal record when you were driving perfectly fine and had no reason to be stopped and checked? 

But my compromise is more severe penalties if you cause and accident or are driving recklessly and alcohol was in your system. So say a perfectly sober guy is recklessly driving (swerving everywhere because he is just a shitty driver to begin with) and is 20mph over the speed limit then normally his ticket might be $500 (I just pulled that number out of my ass)...but if someone is driving the same way but he's at a 0.10% BAC and the reckless driving/speeding is due to alcohol consumption then he should get severe penalties like $1,000 in tickets and have his license taken away (plus DUI on his record)

My reasoning for being this way is because some people can drive just fine at a 0.08% BAC and some can't. If you can drive perfectly safe at a 0.08% then why do you deserve a ticket? I don't want to pay $20 for a cab ride home because I had 2 or 3 beers at the bar and I know I'm fit to drive but am in danger of a ticket. I'd just be in favour of more severe penalties if you do choose to drive buzzed (0.08% isn't even remotely close to actual drunk) and cause an accident or potential threat. There are statistics that someone who is driving after being awake 18 hours is driving the same as someone at a 0.05% BAC (which is enough for the police to throw your ass in the drunk tank for the night but not charge you) and after 24 hours awake is an even higher BAC equivalent. 

It's kinda funny how all the propaganda worked so well and now anyone who drives after a couple beers is automatically an asshole, but I could go pull an all nighter and be up for 36 hours and drive home and nobody would look at me any differently. 

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:
I thought of one:

Drunk-driving/other DUI laws.

I'm actually not a big fan of DUI laws. They're kinda bullshit, especially when there are already laws against reckless and careless driving.

Actually, Badgenome is right.  Many DUI laws catch people that don't drive drunk regularly.  I remember a radio show, where a guy had only people call in that were often drunk driving, and were driving at the time (on their phones).  I was amazed how many people do it often. And it's a big money making racket for the state/ and the orgs that treat them.  Plus BARS (in the USA) have parking lots!  Why are people bringing their cars if they aren't supposed to drive?

However, I am not in favor of people driving drunk/recklessly. Same with people that are too sleepy, etc.  I have been hit by a drunk driver and it wasn't pretty - please don't misinterpret.

Fortunately, this is one problem that is likely to go away.  With more automatic driving cars it will not be an issue in the future. 

Also, I agree war should be only a dire last resort. 

While I am not a fan of abortion - I think bringing a child into this world that is not wanted by both parents is a cruel and horrible thing to do.  Even worse if neither is capable to provide for them. 

Suggest - Killing People is wrong! (self defence excemption - legitimate ones - and not the 'it's comming right for us (lol)' South Park one.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

How about this basic statement:

All forms of violence should be banned, apart from self-defense.

Anyone disagree?

Just to make things simpler, would self defense even be warranted if violence was banned to begin with?

SamuelRSmith said:

Views on gay rights, oftentimes, are based on faith. I am not interested in debating that sort of thing.

Do you agree that it shares a similarity to the current riots in the middle east, in which someone's religion cannot dictate what another does?

fordy said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Views on gay rights, oftentimes, are based on faith. I am not interested in debating that sort of thing.

Do you agree that it shares a similarity to the current riots in the middle east, in which someone's religion cannot dictate what another does?

Maybe, not sure what you mean.