By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do U Hate Wii U (or Nintendo)??

Tagged games:

wfz said:
kljesta64 said:
Pavolink said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Pavolink said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Well, I'm tired of all the Mario and Zelda. That is all. Not hate just tired of it

What about their other franchises?

there is xenoblade, but I wont play stuff like Mario again. I know there is grown ups that play mario still but it lost that charm on me.

Zelda and Metroid are actually their only "system sellers" to me. Especially Zelda, but not for handheld, only homeconsole.

While I enjoy 3D Marios, I prefer other franchises like Resident Evil (love REmake).

wii sports,donkey kong, fire emblem pokemon arent this system sellers ?

Unfortunately Fire Emblem is a very niche and core franchise that is not much of a system seller at all, no. Wii Sports was definitely the biggest console seller last gen and Donkey Kong sold a few more I'm sure (although to a lesser extent since most fans probably already owned a Wii).

ok about fire emblem maybe not worldwide but in japan it is.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

The only thing I actually dislike about Nintendo is Mario. Not the games, the character. Actually I'm pretty sure most of the games are great but I can't get past the character. In fact, because Mario games are some of the best on any given Nintendo system that works against be being likely to buy a Nintendo console. Because Mario is Nintendo's mascot everytime I think / hear Nintendo his image pops into my head.

So to keep me sane I don't buy Nintendo consoles*

*With the exception that I own 10% of my son's 3DS so that if he gets a good game for 3DS I have access rights to play it. I Thought Ocarina of Time was that game, but I didn't get more than 20% through it and decided I didn't like it all that much.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

deskpro2k3 said:
Kenology said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Well, I'm tired of all the Mario and Zelda. That is all. Not hate just tired of it

Why?  You don't like them or you think Nintendo makes too many of them?

they make to many of them in my opinion

How often should they make them?

@Kenology Ill give you SNES but i was talking more in line with the recent consoles. N64 needed a RAM pack, the fact that you need that when no other console b4 or after has needed it, is kind of a bad thing. GC, i think it was around long enough, especially since the Xbox came out and had even better looking games, Wii most of those early games were straight PS2 ports with little more added to it than motion controls. Mario Galaxy 1&2 looked the same, where was the leap there. Skyward Sword doesnt look better than TP, and to be frank I havent seen a game on WIi that looked better than the best Xbox1 did.

2 fair enough

3 im sorry but ports of games that are coming out and just adding some more pixels is not impressive, not after six years. Thats not a generational leap. MGS1 to MGS2 thats the difference i want to see. Tekken3 to Tekken Tag, etc.

deskpro2k3 said:
Pavolink said:
deskpro2k3 said:

What about their other franchises?

there is xenoblade, but I wont play stuff like Mario again. I know there is grown ups that play mario still but it lost that charm on me.

Mario is not a genre.

Around the Network

Kiddy, full of Mario shenanigans; without him they will be just another toy/trading card comapny. Their innovativeness is mistakenly praised highly when in reality they're a cheap company.

oniyide said:

I should have been more clear, i didnt mean that. i just meant looking at past Ninty consoles, when they start out, you usually dont see a steady increase in graphical fidelity. Wii sure as hell didnt have it for obvious reasons. GC didnt really have it either. N64 kinda did, the Banjoe games looking better than Mario 64.  Look at Uncharted, the difference between the sequel and the original is almost night and day.

I know the hardcores will be happy they always are. I think Ninty could have def, pushed the envelope further, and im sure SOny and MS will do likewise, maybe not PS2-PS3 madness, but probably traditional leaps like PS1-PS2 and if that happens it wont paint Ninty in a good light IMHO. Remember this is coming SIX years later, thats not a short time. Its not like GC or N64 where those debutted about a year? after Sony's machines

Even if AC3 runs at those speeds thats still not the leap im talking about. In fact that would sound a bit like the difference between PS2-GC, that was ok because that came a year later, but six years later?? Not impressed

@1. I'm not sure what you guys are arguing anymore, but

NES: SMB -> SMB3

SNES: FFII -> FFIII

N64: Goldeneye -> Perfect Dark

GC: Waverace -> Twilight Princess

Wii: Twilight Princess -> Xenoblade

Those are some considerable increases.

@PS3 vs WiiU = PS2 vs GC. That is not an apples to apples comparison. For that, you would have to compare end of gen PS2 games to early gen PS3 games, and same with end of gen Xbox games to early gen 360 games.

oniyide said:
1 @Kenology Ill give you SNES but i was talking more in line with the recent consoles. N64 needed a RAM pack, the fact that you need that when no other console b4 or after has needed it, is kind of a bad thing. GC, i think it was around long enough, especially since the Xbox came out and had even better looking games, Wii most of those early games were straight PS2 ports with little more added to it than motion controls. Mario Galaxy 1&2 looked the same, where was the leap there. Skyward Sword doesnt look better than TP, and to be frank I havent seen a game on WIi that looked better than the best Xbox1 did.

2. im sorry but ports of games that are coming out and just adding some more pixels is not impressive, not after six years. Thats not a generational leap. MGS1 to MGS2 thats the difference i want to see. Tekken3 to Tekken Tag, etc.

1.  I think now you're moving goal posts, oniyide.  You said there were no graphical leaps on Nintendo consoles for the most part.  The N64 certainly did - what does it matter that Nintendo made RAM expansion available to get better performance out of the system?  As for Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, I was comparing them to early GC games, not each other, lol! 

2.  You didn't answer my question.  What does the Wii U have to do in your opinion to be a significant leap over current gen?  Ok, so increased resolution isn't enough.  That's a start.  So what does a generation leap entail to you? 

Why would anyone hate a gaming company. I like them all.

Chark said:

Here is a list of reasonings why gamers might not like Nintendo:

1. Nintendo lost 3rd party support with the Wii. As much as people enjoy Nintendo games they also enjoy games by other developers just as much and frankly 3rd party games outnumber first party.

2. Dedicated motion controls. Aside from accuracy issues with the Wii-mote not having a standard dual analog controller limited traditional control games. Despite taking motion controls to the front line actual traditional controls took a back seat or even a step backward. The game pad and the pro controller is their answer to this but only after a full generation of obscurity.

3. Lack of powerful hardware this generation and maybe the next. Graphics are one thing, they make games look good and allow certain cinematics and camera angles to be utilized that otherwise would fall flat and look terrible. The real reason for powerful hardware is for gameplay advancement and OS capabilities. A strong processor and plentiful RAM allows developers to do what they want in a game without making sacrifices. As much as Nintendo tries to claim they don't concentrate on graphics or processing power and instead gameplay they are actually limiting new experiences and gameplay improvements. They can make things cheaper for developers but there is a ceiling and they will hit it. Consumers are interested in multi-functionality and again hardware will provide the apps and programs that will make a gaming console a very useful and valuable device.

These reasons are mainly why many gamers like myself have been disinterested in Nintendo since they launched the Wii. The gamecube was awesome but not many people bought it because the Nintendo 64 was lackluster to the PlayStation and the PlayStation 2 had backwards compatibility and more of everything that PlayStation had. If the Wii was stronger and came with both a Wii mote and a gamecube controller 2.0 it would have attracteed both hardcore and casual gamers though Nintendo would have to loss lead to have the sales they did this gen.

Nintendo had 3rd party troubles way before the Wii...