By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do U Hate Wii U (or Nintendo)??

Tagged games:

carlos3189 said:
bananaking21 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:

Really people? Is there really a reason to push down Nintendo like they're are little toddlers? Hey, they're trying something new! That's great! Isn't that what a "Next-Gen" console is truly supposed to do? 

In my opinion, graphics shouldn't be the only seperating factors between Generations.

i dont hate nintendo, i actually love them... well used to. i love the nintendo 64 and its my second favorite console after the PS3 but the thing that made me stop being a fan is actually nintendo them selfs. they keep saying its all about the games yet they keep pushing out the same games over and over. nintendo's system sellers are the major Mario games, super mario bro's, mario kart, super smash bro's and zelda.... guess what these IP's have been around for about 30 years. they dont want to and probably cant make something new that would be a hit and thats why i dont like them any more. i dont wanna play the same games for ever and nothing else. and honestly when it comes to creativity i think sony has got them beat this gen (i know people will act like i just commmeneted an unforgivable sin by saying this)

Except they have made lots of new highly successful IPs this generation, as well as other generations. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean Nintendo didn't make them.

yeah the Wii sports stuff and what ever, but those games are more for the casual gamers not hardcore gamers like my self, plus they arent big budget AAA games, there isnt much risk making those games and by not taking a risk the end result isnt gonna be mind blowing. when was the last time nintendo made a game that changed the industry? mario 64?

Woooow... U know that not every single game they make is gonna change the industry, right? Besides, Nintendo not only made one of the most successful IPs this generation (which also change the industry), I'm talking about Wii Sports (Wii franchise in general) but they also revived old franchises like Punch Out!!!, Dk Country, Pilotwings, Kid Icarus, Sin & Punishment, Kirby 2D and Mario 2D. They brought us the games no one else can make w such quality like Mario Galaxy 1&2, The Legend of Zelda, Golden Sun, Pokemon, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Wario, Fire Emblem, Batallion Wars, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros but they also gave us new IPs w great quality like Excite Truck/Bot, The Last Story, Xenoblade, Hotel Dusk, Disaster: Days of Crisis, Endless Ocean, Rhythm Heaven, Starfy, the Touch Gen games like Nintendogs! And thanx to their Systems, we have great games like The World Ends w You, No More Heroes, Red Steel, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, The House of the Dead overkill and many more!

ok half of those games were IP's created like 30 years ago and thats exactly my point, also  Disaster: Days of Crisis  has a 69 metascore, seriously your gonna argue with me on that?  Excite Truck 72 metascore, the last story 80, hotel dusk 78, endless ocean 76,  Rhythm Heaven  83, the legendary starfy 75. Xenoblade had a 92 meta. so yeah you just proved my point, there new IP's pretty much suck (excpet Xenoblade  of course). and i didnt say every game they make has to change the industry, im saying the last one they did that did change the indusrty was about 15 years ago (mario 64). you pretty much proved my point

in comparasion some sony new IP's this gen

uncharted 88 meta score

littlebigplanet 95 meta score

resistance 86 meta score

heavy rain 87 metascore

journey 92 metascore

flower 87 metascore 

motorstrom 84 metascore 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

Excite Truck 72 metascore, Xenoblade had a 92 meta. 

Excite Truck isn't a new IP, Xenoblade is only 'sort of' a new IP.  You should have told him that too (I couldn't find the post you quoted).

Kresnik said:
bananaking21 said:

Excite Truck isn't a new IP, Xenoblade is only 'sort of' a new IP.  You should have told him that too (I couldn't find the post you quoted).

Xenoblade  is not sort of a new IP, it is a new IP. Xenoblade was originally called Monado: Begining of the World, the name change was because it was supposed to pay as a tribute to the creator of the Xeno games, who works on Monolith Soft.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I loved their games. But Nintendo began down a different path after GC. Somewhere I couldn't follow. They used push the envelop of control and graphics. Now they don't. They let Rare get destroyed. A developer which was better than Ninty from my point of view.

So unless Ninty have top level visuals again, I'm not theirs anymore.

I was an old school ninty fan. Someone who was wowed as much by their graphics as I was by their gameplay.

selnor said:
I loved their games. But Nintendo began down a different path after GC. Somewhere I couldn't follow. They used push the envelop of control and graphics. Now they don't. They let Rare get destroyed. A developer which was better than Ninty from my point of view.

I was an old school ninty fan. Someone who was wowed as much by their graphics as I was by their gameplay.

Nintendo was always about control in the first place. In the second place, it was style, not graphics. To them they are not the same thing.

Oh, yeah, they were forced to sell their Rare stock. By Rare itself. They wanted to go with microsoft. Their mistake and their downfall.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
bananaking21 said:

either way i proved my point most new IP's from nintendo are mostly crap. 

Viper1 said:
NintendoPie said:

Really people? Is there really a reason to push down Nintendo like they're are little toddlers? Hey, they're trying something new! That's great! Isn't that what a "Next-Gen" console is truly supposed to do? 

In my opinion, graphics shouldn't be the only seperating factors between Generations.

Many people tend to berate what they feel threatened by.  With consoles, they take a personally vested interest in the success of their respective console and any success by another company is seen as a threat.  They react to this threat by pushing their insecurities, remorse, jealously and immaturity onto it as a means to reasure themselves of superiority.

In other words, it makes them sleep better at night.

Agreed, what I found out is many of my friends through the teens had this attitude towards their rival consoles. Now that they are older, they go multiplatform to satisfy all their gaming needs rather than bag out the competition.

Theres really no reason to hate nintendo, except if you're a fanboy. I used to be a SEGA fanboy so i know the feel.

But, today i see clearly. Nintendo is actually the greatest hope there is in the game industry because they keep trying new things instead of engaging in costly graphical power wars that in the end dont bring much benefit. Especially this next gen, the difference will be less noticeable than ever.

The only crux i see is that their fans do want to see their games in HD, but thats what they are doing with the Wii U. Zelda in HD is definitly something to look forward to.

Nem said:
Theres really no reason to hate nintendo, except if you're a fanboy. I used to be a SEGA fanboy so i know the feel.

I agree with that for a different reason.  If Ninty's games are not for you, it's not like you HAVE to play them.  You don't have to play them or buy them.  You can just let Nintendo fans enjoy them.  Just a thought.

You one could also not even post in Ninty-related threads.  It just seems like some people dislike Nintendo so much, that it bothers them when other folks are enjoying their games and systems.  And I think that's the real problem.  We used to get quite a few of those "how can people like the Wii?" threads of fuming fanboys upset that people enjoyed it over their own console of choice.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
selnor said:

Nintendo was always about control in the first place. In the second place, it was style, not graphics. To them they are not the same thing.

Oh, yeah, they were forced to sell their Rare stock. By Rare itself. They wanted to go with microsoft. Their mistake and their downfall.

No Nintendo also built the Nes, Snes and N64. Snes and N64 were very powerful in graphics and at te front of their respective generations. Nintendo were the ones to decide not to make Wii a powerhouse. A path I coould not follow.

As far as I remember the stamper Bros. at Rare didnt want Rare to be sold. Which is the real reason they left.