By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony GC conference: PS3+Vita Cross Buy, new MM IP + KillZone for Vita, 2 SCEJ new IPs, Vita as PS3 controller, PSOne classics on Vita and more

Cobretti2 said:

the way "Buy a PS3 game and get Vita version for free." is written would indicated there will be a free version. It is not my fault the OP did not expand on that. I only commented on what I see.

It is also funny how people in the VITA thread assume I hate sony. I probably got more PS3 games then most of those making that assumptions.

Trollwhisperer was summing up the conference with simple bullet points. Blame yourself for not looking into the details and simply jumping to conclusions, not him. (The list of games supporting this was even given during the conference...)

Noone in that thread has mentioned names as of me writing this. If you feel they're talking about you, perhaps you have some self-analysis to do.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Cobretti2 said:

OK let me explain what I am getting at.

For example, if I can get COD on ps3 and a free version for VITA, what is the point of me purchasing the one that is coming out when essentally it is the same game?Activition, EA, THQ all rely on milking their core franchises to earn a profit.

Therefore the publishers who are curently able to milk some extra money from me by offering a vita version will not be able to do that as I will see no point buying the spinoff. This will ultimately result in less software sales on VITA. There are people already on these forums complaining that $30 is too much for a game. So if they get a chance to play free games they will most liekly purchase far less then they would have before this annoucement.

From a gamers point of view yes it is fantastic as free game. From a Sony point of view yes it is fantastic as it will move hardware. But is it fantastic from an industry point of view when all we currently see is majority of companies posting QTR losses? Remember if these companies go bust who will make games for you?

Need to look at the bigger picture and not just yourself.

Your not getting it, your situation isn't going to happen. Activision isn't going to port Blop 2 and make declassified which is a vita exclusive. Your also forgetting this isn't forced. So if Activison  wants to make a port there's nothing that says they have to give it out for free. That fog cant really be that thick can it?

I agree with Cobretti2, with this kind of promotion Sony is diminishing the value of the Vita version of a game, people will start to feel that the Vita version of a PS3 game SHOULD be free and start complaining even more for the price of the games, specially those that are ports of a PS3 game that also require work from the developer. That could really hurt them long term, if now is hard for Sony to convince the third party developers to produce a PSVita edition of some of their IPs it can become a nightmare to get even simple ports cause people will start to look at them as less valuable.

From the gamer's perspective is: "yeah! free games great!". From the developers and publishers perspective is: "booo less profit", and profit is their only interest so in the long run it can mean less Vita games even if those were only to avoid dry periods in the lineup.

i love how getting free games is suddenly a bad thing in this thread.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

lol looks like some peolpe here thinks that they have a clear cut difinetion on what portable handheld should be, and really who is complaining about getting free games (though not technically free, but hey its 2 for the price of one).

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
Cobretti2 said:
*Buy a PS3 game and get Vita version for free.

OK THIS ONE IS STUPID.

For two reasons:
1. It simply shows that Sony is treating the Vita as a portable home console.
2. What incentives have developers got to make games for VITA if you can buy a PS3 game and get a free one for your portable? Why would anyone buy a vita version of a game ever again lol.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that.

What I thought: FUCK YEAH!! More free games

Amen, and i dont know why a gamer would have an issue with it.

Free games all the way, nice move by Sony.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Rafux said:
One thing I don't understand about Cross-Buy:

The Vita version comes in the disc to copy to PS3 and then to Vita or will the disc include a voucher for online download?

In any case I expect people selling the voucher for half the price or people copying the game from the disc to their friends.

I expect people will buy the ps3 version, copy the vita version then return the ps3 version.

Haha that would be a massive fail if Sony over looked this. But im sure you will have to buy the PSN version of the game to get the Vita benifit.

SnakeDrake said:

lol looks like some peolpe here thinks that they have a clear cut difinetion on what portable handheld should be, and really who is complaining about getting free games (though not technically free, but hey its 2 for the price of one).

i bet you most of these people would complain about "Sony is crazy if they think people paying for the same game twice" if it was otherwise.

it's just a matter about finding something negative, no matter how silly the argument is.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

damn no PS3 slim announcement :(

Hopefully it gets announced soon my 60gb got YLOD a few weeks ago and id hate to buy one just before a price drop.

Porcupine_I said:
i love how getting free games is suddenly a bad thing in this thread.

I believe It's because SOny are the ones doing it, look at the anti PS+ crowd.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?