By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: First Xbox 3 Devkit leaks, 8 Core Intel CPU, nvidia GPU, More than 8GB RAM

hot dang...I'm surprised this leaked before the ps4 stuff 0_0 sony is losing their touch

on a serious note, nvidia bit is surprising. But sounds like a strong piece of hardware for sure. Next E3 is gonna be sweeet

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

No way the final version of the console has an 8 core CPU. Most likely a modified quad-core CPU from either Intel or AMD, mated to an AMD GPU based either on the HD6xxx or HD7xxx family of cards, w/ 3-4GB of memory.

More than enough to handle the next gen of games and beyond on a console, because you're not dealing with all the extra resource hogs that PCs have, and you're dealing with a fixed display resolution in 1080p. Nobody's getting TVs with higher resolution any time soon.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

So what kind of price tag would this suggest?

^^^
this
i mean, the subscription thing wouldnt work imo
and a 450-500 pricepoint would be suicidal...

CGI-Quality said:
Snesboy said:
Dragonborn_2 said:
JEMC said:

Didn't they said that when rumors pointed that all 3 would use AMD chips on their future consoles?

But as I said, it is always is a matter of money.

Edit:

It is interesting that everybody says "it's powerful", "it's a beast", etc. when there's not a single mention about the graphics chip, besides being Nvidia.

I don't think they will use a weak graphics chip if they are going with an eight-core processor and at least 4gigs of RAM 

i7s are quad cores, not octo-cores. Only AMD makes octo-cores.

@OP

And it's outdated before it comes out. My PC is better than that.

Eh, I think these specs are good enough for an upcoming console. I mean, you're right, many of us will have / have PCs that will run laps around it, but if they were to build this using, my upcoming specs - let's say, the thing would be too expensive to justify its existence. 

They are. Like the other guy said, it's probably some Intel Atom CPU...and those things are as terrible as an AMD E350.

Around the Network

I just want a powerful machine with a pricetag below the $500 mark.
I will buy a new TV for the Xbox 3, so it will be a costy month anyway.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Its BS MS is not going back to NVIDIA they are never working with them again. Since they got screwed over by them on the original X-Box. Also it looks like Sony is going to drop NVIDIA for the next console also so all three next gen consoles are going with AMD/ATI.

Maybe Microsoft made internal test consoles? Kinda like what Sega made with their Dreamcast. That might be the Nvidia design that they will probably not use.

Snesboy said:
Dragonborn_2 said:
JEMC said:

Didn't they said that when rumors pointed that all 3 would use AMD chips on their future consoles?

But as I said, it is always is a matter of money.

Edit:

It is interesting that everybody says "it's powerful", "it's a beast", etc. when there's not a single mention about the graphics chip, besides being Nvidia.

I don't think they will use a weak graphics chip if they are going with an eight-core processor and at least 4gigs of RAM 

i7s are quad cores, not octo-cores. Only AMD makes octo-cores.

@OP

And it's outdated before it comes out. My PC is better than that.

Actually, it isn't outdated. It's a dedicated device, it can do a lot more with less resources. A PC with 256 MB of RAM and an old NVdia/ATI GPU with 256 MB could run a game comparable to Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Halo 4 or Gears 3? 

Sorry, but this is not a good rumor. It makes no sense.

Intel over IBM?
Back to Nvidia?

No... just no.

I'm not even going to put this in my main thread as it simply makes no sense.

MS would lose ALL backwards compatibility, again, and then having to go down to an Intel Atom chip vs a Power7 chip??? Not going to happen. It also flies in the direct opposition of all initial rumors with IBM and AMD components. I'll wait for a new rumor to bite on and simply call this one way too much in left field.