By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: First Xbox 3 Devkit leaks, 8 Core Intel CPU, nvidia GPU, More than 8GB RAM

Sounds pretty powerful. But better watch out for PS4. Who knows what will happen.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
Cueil said:

The 360 isn't "maxed out" the simple fact is only first part Sony titles get the finacing to push the system. Microsoft see very little need to push their console in that direction. You see them focusing more on social aspects in gaming persistan MP games like Fable 2 and 3 were predicessors to the Dark Souls and Dragon Dogmas that have come after... Microsoft and Sony clearly seem to be on completely different roads and heading into different directions

OK, as I wrote, I don't know if it is maxed out or not, I just consider it a legit discussion, and not off-topic in the context of this thread, as the use of XB360 as benchmark can be part of the discussion of possible future consoles. anyhow, whether it is maxed out or not, IMVHO, and others agreed, its use as benchmark makes sense, because even if not maxed out, it can give more consistent performances in different games, while PS3 performances vary more widely from game to game, due to its less usual architecture, that require specific dev effort and time to be exploited at its best. This makes it a less handy possible benchmark.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!