By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: First Xbox 3 Devkit leaks, 8 Core Intel CPU, nvidia GPU, More than 8GB RAM

We don't know the WiiU's specs, but it's lookingmuch closer to 3x more powerful than the 360. And no way will there be such a large gap between console power, no way.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Cueil said:
I'm going to not go out on a limb and say it's going to be the A10 processor... an 8 core mobile processor that has the 7000 series GPU on CPU tech...

A10 has 8 cores? When did that happen?

I know the A10s are 4 core on laptop version, but Microsoft doesn't have those constraints

edit: this is a new chipset... so I'm not sure where they can go

Bring on a $500-$600 system MS(while making a profit this time around) i want my xbox 3 to be the full package like 360 and ps3 were when they came out.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

This is the beginning of many rumors. MS might even be putting out miss information for the hell of it.

Attoyou said:

Bring on a $500-$600 system MS(while making a profit this time around) i want my xbox 3 to be the full package like 360 and ps3 were when they came out.

If they sell the console at that price it won't matter what Nintendo or Sony does. Microsoft will lose.

Do you really expect, given the situation we have, that people will buy it at that price? Not a chance in hell.

They will probably sell it in the same price range that the xbox360 had, 299-399 $/€.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I know it'd be stupidly expensive but intel make an 8 core xeon.

The lack of secrecy in these matters is disturbing.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Darc Requiem said:
Chris Hu said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Chris Hu said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hot dang...I'm surprised this leaked before the ps4 stuff 0_0 sony is losing their touch

on a serious note, nvidia bit is surprising. But sounds like a strong piece of hardware for sure. Next E3 is gonna be sweeet

The Nvidia bit makes it bogus.  MS got screwed over big time by Nvidia on the orginal X-Box.  Also backwards compatability is very important so I'm sure they stick with AMD/ATI.

Well maybe they just got a better deal overall from Nvidia...if sony is also going with AMD, I'm sure Nvidia was in a position to be rather, generous. 

The way they got scewed over on the original X-Box I don't think that Nvidia can be generous enough I think MS burned that brigde and will never work with them again not when it comes to home consoles anyway.  Plus all other rumored spec leaks has them sticking with AMD/ATI.  Backwards compatability is pretty much a must for almost all 360 owners that are think about buying the next console from MS and that can be easily achived if they stick with AMD/ATI.

You've got that backwards my friend. Nvidia screwed Microsoft, not the other way around. Granted MS signed the contract, but they still got screwed.

The "they" I was refering to in my first sentence is Microsoft.

DirtyP2002 said:
@z101

WiiU is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360.
These specs would be 8 times as powerful as the 360.

So Xbox 3 would be 4 times as powerful as Wii U.

That would be quite a huge gap.

and I LOVE the fact, that Xbox 360 became a benchmark of a systems horsepower.

The WiiU early target specs show it being more around 3x Xbox 360. We don't know the final specs. It could end up 4x for all we know.

Xbox 360 has become a benchmark because the hardware isn't as exotic as PS3's.

Play4Fun said:
DirtyP2002 said:
@z101

WiiU is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360.
These specs would be 8 times as powerful as the 360.

So Xbox 3 would be 4 times as powerful as Wii U.

That would be quite a huge gap.

and I LOVE the fact, that Xbox 360 became a benchmark of a systems horsepower.

The WiiU early target specs show it being more around 3x Xbox 360. We don't know the final specs. It could end up 4x for all we know.

Xbox 360 has become a benchmark because the hardware isn't as exotic as PS3's.

Even then the gap could be pretty big. "Xbox Durango almost 3 times as powerful as the Wii U" is still a pretty big headline / statement.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...