By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: First Xbox 3 Devkit leaks, 8 Core Intel CPU, nvidia GPU, More than 8GB RAM

Nvidia has had a poor history in consoles with the XB1 licensing issues and the slightly outdated GPU that they had in the PS3 (tho that was more Sony's fault for thinking that 2 CELL CPUs would actually be a viable option until the last minute and then basically grabbing an off the shelf GPU with small modifications).

If Nvidia was willing to bend on their licensing terms, and Sony going AMD could make them a viable option. It would make sense given that all the next gen tech demoes were running on Nvidia GTX680.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Chris Hu said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hot dang...I'm surprised this leaked before the ps4 stuff 0_0 sony is losing their touch

on a serious note, nvidia bit is surprising. But sounds like a strong piece of hardware for sure. Next E3 is gonna be sweeet

The Nvidia bit makes it bogus.  MS got screwed over big time by Nvidia on the orginal X-Box.  Also backwards compatability is very important so I'm sure they stick with AMD/ATI.

Well maybe they just got a better deal overall from Nvidia...if sony is also going with AMD, I'm sure Nvidia was in a position to be rather, generous. 

The way they got scewed over on the original X-Box I don't think that Nvidia can be generous enough I think MS burned that brigde and will never work with them again not when it comes to home consoles anyway.  Plus all other rumored spec leaks has them sticking with AMD/ATI.  Backwards compatability is pretty much a must for almost all 360 owners that are think about buying the next console from MS and that can be easily achived if they stick with AMD/ATI.

I'm going to not go out on a limb and say it's going to be the A10 processor... an 8 core mobile processor that has the 7000 series GPU on CPU tech... It's relatively inexpensive at retail so my guess it's probably something that will quickly get cheaper. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-4600m-trinity-piledriver,3202.html here they talk about the A10 laptop my guess is that it's going to be along those lines

Chris Hu said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Chris Hu said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hot dang...I'm surprised this leaked before the ps4 stuff 0_0 sony is losing their touch

on a serious note, nvidia bit is surprising. But sounds like a strong piece of hardware for sure. Next E3 is gonna be sweeet

The Nvidia bit makes it bogus.  MS got screwed over big time by Nvidia on the orginal X-Box.  Also backwards compatability is very important so I'm sure they stick with AMD/ATI.

Well maybe they just got a better deal overall from Nvidia...if sony is also going with AMD, I'm sure Nvidia was in a position to be rather, generous. 

The way they got scewed over on the original X-Box I don't think that Nvidia can be generous enough I think MS burned that brigde and will never work with them again not when it comes to home consoles anyway.  Plus all other rumored spec leaks has them sticking with AMD/ATI.  Backwards compatability is pretty much a must for almost all 360 owners that are think about buying the next console from MS and that can be easily achived if they stick with AMD/ATI.

You've got that backwards my friend. Nvidia screwed Microsoft, not the other way around. Granted MS signed the contract, but they still got screwed.

4GB RAM would be cool. But I don't see the Xbox8 to be a power-monster. With an Atom-CPU even an 8-core it would be of course more powerful than the Xbox360 and even more powerful than the Wii U, but it would be not a wide difference.

Around the Network

I don't see it I'm afraid. We always hear these crazy rumours, but it just seems too expensive. It'd have to be around £400/€450/$600 in order to be viable, and the world's a different place from 6 years ago with the PS3. I could be wrong, but I think this gen will be much closer together; that leak seems more like just power for the sake of it...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Chris Hu said:

Backwards compatability is pretty much a must for almost all 360 owners that are think about buying the next console from MS and that can be easily achived if they stick with AMD/ATI.

Any modern amd or nvidia gpu is easily capable of emulating the xbox360/ps3 gpu. - those are at best first generation "modern gpus". Either you slow down the gpu performance or they might even be able to upscale the images with the amount of raw power now available.

Cueil said:
I'm going to not go out on a limb and say it's going to be the A10 processor... an 8 core mobile processor that has the 7000 series GPU on CPU tech...

A10 has 8 cores? When did that happen?

ms *could* send out these "kits" so that developers get a feeling what could be possible with their next generation.
when they have tools to make an easy transition to the real hardware it would make sense.
in my opinion they won't use a standard x86-processor and definitely not anything from nvidia.

@z101

WiiU is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360.
These specs would be 8 times as powerful as the 360.

So Xbox 3 would be 4 times as powerful as Wii U.

That would be quite a huge gap.

and I LOVE the fact, that Xbox 360 became a benchmark of a systems horsepower.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...