By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why should I buy a WiiU?

This guy is a tit of the highest order!!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

NSMB Wii-U

I can buy every 2D Mario and a console to play them on bar Mari-U for less than the price of a Wooh. (includes shitty portable versions)

ZombU

Let's be serious. This is a Ubisoft FPS. $40-50 will buy me all the best FPS goodness for the past 5-20years on Steam. F-U Sean. Steam gives me far more gaming bang/$ and is the only "gaming" company looking for new audiences/gamers.

Wii-U Party aka Nintendoland

Please.

So, the launch-lineup is not enough for you to buy one. That's fine. Don't buy one. Maybe Nintendo releases some games more to your tastes later. Maybe not. Buy one, as the games arrive you want. You don't have to buy on launch.

For me personally Pikmin 3, Project P-100 and ZombiU are very interesting. That's not enough to buy one at launch (except it costs only 100€, than the three games might be enough). But these three are a pretty good number, for a system that is not even out yet. As the first year goes by, the system will get more games and probably at one point it wil have enough interesting games, so that I buy one.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

bouzane said:
Never buy a console at launch, ever. That's my approach as I usually buy legacy systems and games. This has allowed me to amass a very large collection for a fraction of the cost. I guess I'll buy a Wii next, see what all the fuss was about :P

I would never say never.

But a system will build it's gaming-library over time and so it is very reasonable to buy it later.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Pyro as Bill said:

The top 5 of any previous gen should be ready at launch for a new console along side the piece of software that the new console needs to lauch for. IE if there is no new piece of software, then why release a new console.

So the NES should have been released 5 years later than it did? Your vision on the NES might be slightly warped, as we europeans got the NES three years late (1986, it was released 1983). At that time the game-library was obviously better than at launch.

NightDragon83 said:

But I'll bite anyways... I bet you Pikmin 3 sells more than other console exclusives this holiday like Sly Cooper 4.

You might lose. I'm not sure, that Pikmin is out this year, "launch-window" might well be into march.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
NightDragon83 said:

But I'll bite anyways... I bet you Pikmin 3 sells more than other console exclusives this holiday like Sly Cooper 4.

You might lose. I'm not sure, that Pikmin is out this year, "launch-window" might well be into march.

That's a good point. Plus they barely showed the game at E3.  And we know how much Nintendo loves to spread their releases out so as to maximize sales (or so they say).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

So I'm gonna ingore the thread starter and just say that for me system sellers would be like sequels to
Xenoblabe Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Box, new Zelda game, Dragon Quest X WiiU version
I am optimistic for the WiiU.

SaviorX said:
progstarmac said:
I love this guy!! xD

Aren't you from Epic Meal Time?

emm... no, why the question??

NightDragon83 said:
This is why nobody takes this site seriously anymore... you can make a joke thread bashing Nintendo (and everything else for that matter), but say one bad thing about Sony or their fans and down comes the ban hammer.

I haven't bashed real Nintendo once. I've bashed MS and Sony plenty so far, like a real Nintendo fan should do.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

OK. I got a warning for the "Pikmin bastards" comment. I apologise for anyone who might have been offended by this.

However, bastard is just another word for illegitimate. Which is exactly what Pikmin fans are. Illegitimate Nintendo fans. If you like Nintendo because of the Pikmin era then you're not a real Nintendo fan.

You're a Pretendo.

You like Nintendo when they make computer games instead of console games.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!