By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chik-Fil-A Gay Fallout

This is so stupid. So what if the Chik President stands by his beliefs publicly. From what I understand the company has always been open about it's religious base, even remaining closed on Sundays. If you really hate him for it and don't want to buy his chicken, then don't. I don't watch Woody Allen or Roman Polanski movies because I think they are disgusting human beings, but I'm not going to demand a lawsuit or start some kind of nation wide boycott. One thing is for sure, the government should stay out of it.

Around the Network

I don't know what the Chick-fil-A president said, but disagreeing with gay marriage is not homophobia.

So what were the homophobic comments? I see the mention of calling the opposite lobby "arrogant". I'm nost sure what the original comment was.

Also, what are these anti-gay organizations??

happydolphin said:

I don't know what the Chick-fil-A president said, but disagreeing with gay marriage is not homophobia.

So what were the homophobic comments? I see the mention of calling the opposite lobby "arrogant". I'm nost sure what the original comment was.

Not sure, but whoever they are, they're listed as Hate Groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
happydolphin said:

Not sure, but whoever they are, they're listed as Hate Groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

I dont know the groups, and I don't have a particularly strong feelings on the issue but thesplc is a untrustworthy organization

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I love how people are referring to this as a Christian company despite the fact that Christ endorsed neither discrimination nor corporatism. They're about as anti-Christian as it gets. As far as the political figures abusing their power in support of gay marriage, you need to pick your battles more wisely and you need to stop overstepping your bounds lest you become accustomed to the abuse of power.

Around the Network

Chick-Fil-A makes the bessssssssssst chicken sandwiches and they have damn-tasty fries to go along with it.

I eat fast food less than once a year but damn I crave that place a lot. I never cave in.. but I want to.

Oh wait, this was supposed to be a political thread. I'm sorry this restaurant's corporate disagrees with you on a certain matter.

Pretty hilarious that Dan Cathy is a fucking pariah for holding the exact same viewpoint on gay marriage that Obama espoused up until about a month ago - by people who have, figuratively speaking, sucked Obama's dick at every turn.

Fallout 4: Chick fil A Gay Edition.
I don't know about you, but that's what I read.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

badgenome said:
Pretty hilarious that Dan Cathy is a fucking pariah for holding the exact same viewpoint on gay marriage that Obama espoused up until about a month ago - by people who have, figuratively speaking, sucked Obama's dick at every turn.

Lost it at "sucked Obama's dick at every turn."

Same-sex marriage polls show that the issue has crossed the 50% threshold nationally, and support for full rights in any other area (workplace, housing, partnership rights, protections, etc.) are more like 75%.

While local businesses in socially conservative areas can benefit short-term from a stance like the Chick-Fil-A president's, a national corporation will find itself quickly on the wrong wide of the dollar.

Add in the idea that the rate of acceptance is higher among women (who make most family discretionary spending decisions) and under 30s (high consumption of certain brands/products such as fast food), then you really have issues for many businesses if they are seen to somehow support exclusionary policies. (And I could add that gay people tend to make a bit more money than the average citizen and have considerably more discretionary income due to proportionally fewer kids/more time to devote to career/dual incomes, etc., and that gay dollars spend just as well as straight dollars.)

All beliefs aside, it's quite simply bad business.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?