By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Dark Knight Rises is THE best superhero movie thus far *SPOILERS*

How would you rate The Dark Knight Rises? (Be honest please)

10 70 34.15%

9 51 24.88%

8 44 21.46%

7 12 5.85%

6 9 4.39%

5 5 2.44%

4 3 1.46%

3 2 0.98%

2 2 0.98%

1 6 2.93%

Total:204
pezus said:
The Fury said:
My personal opinion is that this wasn't as good as Dark Knight but also like that film was full of plot holes. Surprise endings weren't for me. Also, could easily cut 40 minutes from it and not affect the plot.

It was a very well made film and was good overall.

The things that have made the Dark Knight and this film good is the performances of the villains. Heath Ledger as Joker was great and the characterisation of Bane here was also great. Catwoman was nicely done, better than I expected.

Best superhero film ever? Far far from it. Half of Marvel's are better than this.

Not affect the overall plot, but affect the movie for sure. Lol @ Marvel's being better though

I don't see how, some of the scenes were somewhat pointless. It would affect the movie by being shorter. I did say 'half', in majority of Marvel's new films I was entertained. Entertained enough to watch it again, I laughed in comedic parts and enjoyed the action sequences. In this were was nothing to laugh at just good action sequences and a great villain.  I would have prefered more Batman in it, as there wasn't much.

So yeah , Marvel films were better because they were more entertaining.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Ok this is a Spoiler Thread right?

*SPOILER*

Did Batman die or not? Did Alfred see him at the end or was it just his imagination?

AndrewWK said:

Ok this is a Spoiler Thread right?

*SPOILER*

Did Batman die or not? Did Alfred see him at the end or was it just his imagination?

He didn't die.

He fixed the autopilot & got out in time...there would be no point to that scene with Fox & the engineers otherwise.

Not to mention he got the batsign fixed to let Gordon know he's alive.

Then remember the scene after "blake/robin" takes whatw as left for him the man says, "there's an iterm unaccounted for" and makes a hint at the pearls.

If you remember the "pearl necklace" had a trace if you remember, Alfred knew that so he followed the trace to that french cafe (this is inferred but pretty obvious if you think bout it).

Finally alfred has no motivation to imagine Selina sitting with Bruce...he never knew they got closer later on.

So yeah he's alive & he made sure the people that knew he was Batman KNEW that he was alive (Gordon, Fox, Alfred...I guess Blake may find out too). 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I was thinking about this movie earlier today and I think it could have been better (though it's awesome as it is) if it went the Harry Potter/Matrix Reloaded route. What I'm saying is that it should have been two movies.

The first half could have dealt with Bruce Wayne going from recluse to Batman to being broken by Bane and Alfred leaving and Gotham being shut off from the rest of the world.

The second half could have dealt with people surviving in Bane's Gotham, Bruce rehabilitating in prison, and finally the return to Gotham.

So much stuff was going on that it all could have benefited from more time. This was the fastest three hour movie the world has ever seen and it still wasn't enough for me!

d21lewis said:
I was thinking about this movie earlier today and I think it could have been better (though it's awesome as it is) if it went the Harry Potter/Matrix Reloaded route. What I'm saying is that it should have been two movies.

The first half could have dealt with Bruce Wayne going from recluse to Batman to being broken by Bane and Alfred leaving and Gotham being shut off from the rest of the world.

The second half could have dealt with people surviving in Bane's Gotham, Bruce rehabilitating in prison, and finally the return to Gotham.

So much stuff was going on that it all could have benefited from more time. This was the fastest three hour movie the world has ever seen and it still wasn't enough for me!

That would've been amazing, dunnow they didn't come up with this idea.

They have deleted like 30 minutes of footage anyway which wuld make the films original cut 3 hours, 15 minutes.

Maybe with two parts we could've got Blake as Nightwing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The novelization apparently (sort of) mentions what happened to the Joker. When the inmates of Arkham were moved to Blackgate Prison, he was eitherthe only one Arkham kept or he escaped--it is deliberately not explained.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/26/joker-mentioned-in-dark-knight-rises-novel

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Mirson said:
A203D said:

I can actully see where your coming from.

I personally thought the movie was okay, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were much better films. But the special effects, action, etc in this were the best of the 3. Mainly because they did quite a lot of stuff during the day, as opposed to at night for TDK, so that chase scene at the end was amazing. But The Bat (Batwing) looked dissapointing.

I felt parts of the film didnt work, because they tried to do too much; hence why it was too long. Its a 3 hour film, and in that time we dont see much of Bale as Batman. And thats a consequence of making an ambitious film like The Dark Knight Rises the last film in a trilogy. Trying to tie up all the loose ends in this film was a mistake in my opinion. The way the story was handeled, propelling the characters 8 years from the 2nd film was an unecessary attempt to incoperate the comic book 'The Dark Knight Returns'; I felt that story was unncessary here.

The only reason I think they decided to draw inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns was because this is the last film in the trilogy. For example if Bane and Catwoman were the villains in the 2nd film, would have they had done this in the same way? I dont think so.

I think the problem was that Nolan was trying too hard to make this a climatic end to a trilogy; when they could rather have focused on making a film that stands in its own element.

I mean, you can go and watch The Dark Knight as many times as you want, and you dont need to have seen Batman Begins, it even felt like TDK couldve been the first film in the series. Those films stood so well as stand alone installments; the problem I felt here was that this film cannot stand on its own. You will need to have seen Batman Begins and The Dark Knight beforehand to appreciate what they were doing here. And thats the problem I felt was with the movie.

Nolan tried to hard to build a movie that stood both on its own and as a sequel/trilogy conclusion. And for those reasons it took too long to build towards things, there was too much a prolonged abscent of Batman in a Batman film.

On a side note, it seems obvious to me, that had Heath Ledger survived, they would have done things a lot differently. So potentially this film couldve been much better, but that didnt have a choice than to make it this way so...

That was my main problem; they added a lot of stuff (characters and subplots) which hurt the pacing. It felt sloppy. I never thought about it, but you're right on the fact that the film can't stand on its own. You really have to watch the first film to appreciate some parts.

I liked how the series wrapped up though. 

Nolan did take an effort to make sure it was neither 'The Dark Knightesque Rises'  nor the complete stand alone. The TDK dialogues made the day for us fans then and now a movie which relates to its prequels totally makes sense in its own style. When credits rolled for TDK how many of us would have expected another character(Riddler was my first choice)forcing Batman to return back? If  someone surprisingly didn't, TDK is perfect. 

TDKR in its own style made my day, how-so-ever. The perfect ending to the epic series.

I still don't understand how Bane was so strong and so smart, or why his henchmen are willing to die for his cause or even why the gotham city pd is so incompetent.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Michael Caine acted circles around everyone else in this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Ok lets get the obvious out of the way first, no its not a better superhero movie than TDK but that's only because the TDK is in a class of its own. For me i will put it below the TDK definitely and also below Avengers, still a good movie it just has a few problems.

Will have to continue this post.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)