By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Dark Knight Rises is THE best superhero movie thus far *SPOILERS*

How would you rate The Dark Knight Rises? (Be honest please)

10 70 34.15%

9 51 24.88%

8 44 21.46%

7 12 5.85%

6 9 4.39%

5 5 2.44%

4 3 1.46%

3 2 0.98%

2 2 0.98%

1 6 2.93%

Total:204
luvtospooge said:

Overall, 9.5/10. People who were disappointed with this movie were expecting something along the lines of the Avengers, which is being light hearted, funny with action sequences mixed with humour and what not, and they were wrong to expect that. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy is dark,gritty and deep, and delved deep into Batman's personality and all the other characters surrounding him. It took itself very seriously and I applaud that. Amazing movie, A+ trilogy. Once the blu-ray comes out, Ill do a marathon for sure.

Now, bring on Superman!

Movies like The Watchmen and the original Hulk film (the one before the Norton reboot) ended up getting dinged a lot for being too brooding and not fun.  In response to the original Hulk film, people were going they wanted "Hulk Smash!" all over the place.

Oh yes, Superman.  That teaser trailer was awesome.  That was likely, at least, the best effects of someone flying ever I have seen in a film.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
luvtospooge said:

Overall, 9.5/10. People who were disappointed with this movie were expecting something along the lines of the Avengers, which is being light hearted, funny with action sequences mixed with humour and what not, and they were wrong to expect that. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy is dark,gritty and deep, and delved deep into Batman's personality and all the other characters surrounding him. It took itself very seriously and I applaud that. Amazing movie, A+ trilogy. Once the blu-ray comes out, Ill do a marathon for sure.

Now, bring on Superman!

Movies like The Watchmen and the original Hulk film (the one before the Norton reboot) ended up getting dinged a lot for being too brooding and not fun.  In response to the original Hulk film, people were going they wanted "Hulk Smash!" all over the place.

Oh yes, Superman.  That teaser trailer was awesome.  That was likely, at least, the best effects of someone flying ever I have seen in a film.

And I enjoyed both The Watchmen and the Hulk film. I guess it's a matter of expectations then.

First i'd like to say that while audio was unfavorable at times, Hardy did very well as Bane. Was easily my favorite performance.

It was a great movie. However, it felt drawn out at times and a decent amount of the plot just seemed odd. Like that old man somehow fixing Bruce's back in that hole.... no way. That was the more obvious one. As a movie it was excellent but as a Superhero movie, I would say TDK and Avengers were better. I'd argue that The Amazing Spiderman was even a better Superhero movie, honestly. (Don't take that the wrong way. I really enjoyed Spidey this year)

4 ≈ One

A203D said:

The source of the problem is the whole trilogy mode of thinking in Hollywood I think. Trying to fit too much into a final installment of what was not inteded to be a trilogy in the first place.

There were moments that were excellent, such as the ending which was the perfect ending for Bruce and Selyna. So I'm going to watch it again in iMAX to see if it did work and whether I was just predijudice against the fact they didnt stay closer to the comics in The Dark Knight.

That being said, it was very good, it just didnt feel like a Batman film at times, because a lot of the movie dosent feature him. It feels like they tried to do too much in this film, and ended up creating a rather bloated script that dosent reach the Batman standard of the first two films.

There were a lot of plotholes and problems clearly evident in the movie, it's not prejudice. I didn't want Nolan to stay true to comics, I wanted him to craft a good story, and the first two did that better. I liked the ending for Bruce... But actually one of my pet peeves is that he gave Selina so many chances. I have a rule of thumb, if a girl kicks a cane out from under a cripple, she's no longer viable relationship material. Period. Also, if I save someone's life, and they sell me out and nearly get me killed... ditto.

pezus said:

And TDKR>TDK>BB. I don't know why anyone would like BB over this one honestly. It was great, but this movie had it all.

When was the last time you saw Batman Begins? It perfectly captured the essence of Batman's start. It was everything Batman's beginning should have been. Whereas TDKR was filled with huge plot holes and obvious plot movers. I liked the movie, it was good - but far more flawed than Batman Begins.

Around the Network
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
Ever since the Dark Knight came out I was extremely hyped for its sequel. But after watching the Dark Knight Rises trailers I expected it to be good, if not great but not as good as the Dark Knight.

But after watching the film first day night show...I was extremely disapointed. First of all I went to the most dull theatre in my area (AMC) and there was a show every 20 miniutes and it was still jam packed (haven't seen that for any film including the Avengers, Hunger Games, Harry Potter etc.) So that got me really hyped.

As the film started a 164 minutes of silence occurred. I expected this film to be a Dark Knight part 2 only replacing the Joker with Bane. But I was wrong it turned out to be something else...in my opinion in didn't meet the standards of a typical "Hollywood film".It simply obliterated it. I wouldn't call it a film, "a masterpiece" or "a true work of art would define The Dark Knight Rises in a much more correct fashion. Up until The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight was my favourite film but now the Dark Knight Rises took cinema up to a new level that can't be reached again. The Dark Knight Rises is not a superhero film, its an epic film with a superhero that doesn't really have the powers of a superhero any more and doesn't match up to the villan's strength but his spirit and will to do good is more than enough to make him something greater than a hero.

An extra note I would like to make is that I've never cried while watching a film before but on July 20th I broke down into tears at the funeral scene. Commenting and judging specific parts of the film would be worse than a crime as it was a perfect package. It was more than perfect and giving this film a score is something I don't have the will to do.

By the end of the film people were bursting into tears, cheering, clapping something I have never witnessed at my movie theatre. I do believe it would have broken the box office record set by the Avengers however due to the shooting and the cancellation of TV spots..it didn;t.

*applause* Damn, I was close to tears as well during that funeral scene as well. Caine acted that phenomenally well!

The whole cast was brilliant...but the film was godlike. 

I hear there's supposed to be a director's cut when it comes to home video. I hope it shows a lot of what goes on in Gotham when Bane is running the city, what was going on with Alfred (but I doubt it), and how the hell Batman got out of that explosion.

Also, I see that Batman didn't make more money than Avengers so far because the Avengers cheated and used 3D plus half a dozen super heroes. Does anybody know which one sold more tickets?

I will watch a Batman film soon Pezus. Just as soon as I can bring myself to stop hating Cristian Bale. Lol

d21lewis said:
I hear there's supposed to be a director's cut when it comes to home video. I hope it shows a lot of what goes on in Gotham when Bane is running the city, what was going on with Alfred (but I doubt it), and how the hell Batman got out of that explosion.

Also, I see that Batman didn't make more money than Avengers so far because the Avengers cheated and used 3D plus half a dozen super heroes. Does anybody know which one sold more tickets?

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

Avengers still sold more tickets opening weekend. Around 26 Million

Then TDK with 22 Million, Spider-man 3 with 21.9 Million, Deathly Hallows 2 with 21.3 Million & urmm...Pirates Dead Mans Chest (LOL?) with 20.7 Million.

Then we get TDKR with 20.3 Million. 

Always forget how massive Dead Mans Chest was....such a shame the next two pirates films destroyed the series domestic. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I disagree. TDK was a better movie simply because of Heath Ledger's awesomeness as The Joker. I also think Bruce should have stayed dead rather than fake dead.

I also liked Ironman a lot, probably as much as TDK but for different reasons. The reasons I like TDK though make it the better movie than Ironman. DKR fits in the tiny gap between Ironman and TDK.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix