By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your opinion, which of these current Gen Rpgs is the best?

Choose your game.

Final Fantasy XIII/XIII2 35 7.13%

Lost Odyssey 34 6.92%

Dark Souls 38 7.74%

Skyrim 157 31.98%

The Witcher 2 35 7.13%

Xenoblade Chronicles 146 29.74%

Rainbow Moon 1 0.20%

Valkyria Chronicles 40 8.15%

Blue Dragon 1 0.20%

Resonance of Fate 3 0.61%

Total:490

Dark souls. The interconnected world is incredibly well crafted, it will forever sit in my mind as the most varied true three dimensional world I have seen.

Around the Network

Skyrim by a flobbitygillion light-years.

Having said that, Skyrim, Xenoblade and Final Fantasy are the only games on the list that i've played, and i didnt like either of the other two.

Fallout 3, New Vegas, Risen 2 or The Witcher 2.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Dark souls/Demon souls!

wtf is blue dragon

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Blue dragon is an Akira toriyama based jrpg
released exclusively on the Xbox on a desperate move to atract Japanese market (failed)
it had a spin-off on the DS that did ok
both games were decent but nothing great imo

I definitely enjoyed the Witcher 2 the most.

Skyrim offered gameplay value (that's right, not replay value) beyond anything I have ever seen. There was simply no reason to replay the game since one playthrough lasted forever.

...I should mention though that Skyrim is the only game on that list that I have played :P

The lack of Demon's Souls and Nier is so not cool.  And combining XIII and XIII-2 is... weird.  I was under the impression XIII-2 is like XIII, only with towns and stuff so it's a much better game.

I went with Dark Souls. It's a toss up between that and Demon's Souls as my favorite RPG, with each doing a few things better than the other.

Skyrim.

I LOVE ICELAND!