By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your opinion, which of these current Gen Rpgs is the best?

Choose your game.

Final Fantasy XIII/XIII2 35 7.13%

Lost Odyssey 34 6.92%

Dark Souls 38 7.74%

Skyrim 157 31.98%

The Witcher 2 35 7.13%

Xenoblade Chronicles 146 29.74%

Rainbow Moon 1 0.20%

Valkyria Chronicles 40 8.15%

Blue Dragon 1 0.20%

Resonance of Fate 3 0.61%

Total:490
zero129 said:
Very easy Lost Odyssey (Everything FF13 should of been). Followed by Xenoblade Chronicles.

Applaud this man. I agree completely. I have to give an honorable mention to Valkyria Chronicles though

Around the Network

i don't know why but i choose FFXIII/XIII2

The Witcher 2, only because you didn't give me a Dragon Age Origins option.

There's a lot of options missing in the poll, like DA:O, Demon's Souls and a lot of great handheld RPGs, like DQIX, TWEWY, etc.

From the options on the poll, I voted Dark Souls.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I chose Final Fantasy XIII/Final Fantasy XIII-2. They are still among the very best games available on the PS3.

Around the Network

Demons Souls is missing. Fallout 3 / New Vegas are missing. The world ends with you is missing. So pretty much every RPG I enjoyed this generation is missing...my taste must be really bad.

Edit: I guess I'll vote for Dark Souls then.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I don't care if it isn't a poll option, Pokemon Black/White 2 most definitely.

EDIT: But if I had to choose out of those, Xenoblade. Even though I didn't really like it or any of the three others I've played.

Nightwish224 said:
Read below.

I agree with your signature.  When I first got a 360 in '08 I went online to find out if there were any good JRPG's for it, and LO was consistently at the top of most lists.  One of my favorite games from this generation, hands down.  It's a shame the game didn't break 1 million in sales, because if Sakaguchi had made a sequel it might have spawned into a franchise like Final Fantasy.

I've only played Xenoblade from that list so I have to go with that...

It really is a massive game and a lot of fun.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I can't speak for either Lost Odyssey or Xenoblade as I've yet to play them, but other than that... What a terrible list of RPGs. I'll have to go with FFXIII/XIII-2, even though I hated the former and loved the latter. This generation has been terrible for RPGs though, unless you like the soulless type.