By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X commercial & DQX Nintendo Direct! ~ Stop hating! You know you are going to buy it.

If it was single player I'd be excited. I loved VIII on the PS2. I don't play MMO anything and I'm not about to start now.

Around the Network

DQX looks amazing and we haven't even seen Wii U footage. It's a shame about the subscription fee, but i'm hoping that'll remain in Japan only and we'll get a free online version.

In any case, I'm getting it day one. It's DQ and that's all I need . I'm still playing DQIX at the moment (300+ hours and counting).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Dragon Quest VIII is one of my 5 all time favorite RPGs. I didn't like the direction of IX so I'm holding my breath on this one. I'll wait for reviews and reactions then decide if I'll play it or not.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

PullusPardus said:

edit : never mind, that was awesome

but I still don't seem to get how the gameplay works.

I'm rather vexed on the whole "your character will become one of the other races" Is this plot-based, or spontaneous, or what's the deal? The in-game transition from offline to online sounds rather odd.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm much more interested in Dragon Quest Monsters TW, to be honest - looks incredible!

Sadly I don't think Rocket Slime 3 will come over, but you never know! I just played the first one, but it's a fun game! Laughed a lot!

Around the Network

There is not a chance that I'm going to buy this as it stands because its pay to play and it has that horrible leveling cap from FFXIV.

Mr Khan said:
PullusPardus said:

edit : never mind, that was awesome

but I still don't seem to get how the gameplay works.

I'm rather vexed on the whole "your character will become one of the other races" Is this plot-based, or spontaneous, or what's the deal? The in-game transition from offline to online sounds rather odd.

I hope its part of single player like DQ8 where you make your character and he journeys with other TALKING characters , and then there is part online where your Avatar journeys with other avatars, exactly the way they made White Knight Chronicles, if you played that one.

I always laugh at how short video game commercials seem.

BasilZero said:
Looks like Dragon Ball Online xD!

If its free to play (pay once for the CD), than I shall get it (maybe), not a big fan of MMO/rpgs, and dont want to get stuck in one like I did with my last one (which lasted for 5 years >.>).

Are you talking graphics wise? (DQ has had this style for awhile.)

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
Looks like Dragon Ball Online xD!

If its free to play (pay once for the CD), than I shall get it (maybe), not a big fan of MMO/rpgs, and dont want to get stuck in one like I did with my last one (which lasted for 5 years >.>).

Are you talking graphics wise? (DQ has had this style for awhile.)

What? I didnt say anything about Graphics o.O. I said the game genre which is MMORPG which can be really addicting to me......I remember the dark ages when I used to play the last MMORPG I played for 10+ hours X___X lol

Edit: Oh you meant the design, I know, both the DQ and Dragonball artist/designer is the same, but I would expected it to look a bit different from the other MMO ;p

I bolded what I was talking about!

Well, the design has always been this way.