By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X commercial & DQX Nintendo Direct! ~ Stop hating! You know you are going to buy it.

kopstudent89 said:
Ghutto said:
It's Dragon Quest. No doubt it will sell much more than 3/4 millions in Japan.

It won't. It's not one of the main series, it's an MMO

LOL Dragon Quest "X".. yep it is one of the main series like "IX" on a portable hardware. And about the numbers, just wait and see. :)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Ghutto said:
kopstudent89 said:
Ghutto said:
It's Dragon Quest. No doubt it will sell much more than 3/4 millions in Japan.

It won't. It's not one of the main series, it's an MMO

LOL Dragon Quest "X".. yep it is one of the main series like "IX" on a portable hardware. And about the numbers, just wait and see. :)

Yep, just like FFXI and FFXIV is right?

DQX is gonna be a flop compared to DQIX and DQVIII.

Also just because its on a portable doesnt mean its bad, however a MMO is a different story. I can already tell you all the people who said they would get this game here on vgchartz, will either a) get the game, but quit within a few weeks/months (after finishing the single player campaign) or not get it at all because there will be better valued games out by the time this game comes out on the Wii-U.

A game being a MMO really lowers it value especially when its based upon a pretty famous/good series.

DQX differs from FFXI and XIV in every possible way, because DQX is a true DQ. The battle system still the same, the gameplay still the same, but now you can play the game with your friends!
FFXI / FFXIV is not a FF.
Look to the videos (DQX) and comprove for yourself. And please, stop the bias against MMOs O.K.?

Dragon Quest is not following the same steps of Final Fantasy.

PS.: Sorry for my bad english. :/

Ghutto said:

Ummm, no. He was saying "mainline" in the context of genre (JRPG).

About sales, game has 196pts in COMG (pre-orders). 18 days before release. Even a 500k FW at this rate is whishful thinking.

Still, game should not be compared to any DQ before (nor FF as DQ is a bigger brand in Japan). We should wait to see how this performs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

i will buy the wii u version on day 1, i dont mind paying a monthly fee. been playing ff11:online since march 2004, and i never have gotten why ppl complain so damn much on paying a monthly fee. to each there own though, i am buying 3 copies of the game at least when it launches on the wii u.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i will buy the wii u version on day 1, i dont mind paying a monthly fee. been playing ff11:online since march 2004, and i never have gotten why ppl complain so damn much on paying a monthly fee. to each there own though, i am buying 3 copies of the game at least when it launches on the wii u.

I don't think it will release with the Wii U launch window.. SE always procrastinate -__-.. But if it releases on Wii U during the launch window, I expect it to be a port, with Wii (maybe slightly better) graphics

Around the Network

so much negativity!

The only problem with this game is being on the Wii, an almost dead system in japan. The decision to make it for the system was made in a time where this was not supposed to happen so soon, so it's understandable.

But it'll still sell a lot for what it is.
The Wii U version will sell a lot too, so even more money! This game will pass a million for sure and generate more money than all DQs before it. Don't compare to Final Fantasy XI - which is successful in its own right - DQ is much bigger!

BasilZero said:
Ghutto said:
BasilZero said:

Also just because its on a portable doesnt mean its bad, however a MMO is a different story. I can already tell you all the people who said they would get this game here on vgchartz, will either a) get the game, but quit within a few weeks/months (after finishing the single player campaign) or not get it at all because there will be better valued games out by the time this game comes out on the Wii-U.

A game being a MMO really lowers it value especially when its based upon a pretty famous/good series.

DQX differs from FFXI and XIV in every possible way, because DQX is a true DQ. The battle system still the same, the gameplay still the same, but now you can play the game with your friends!
Look to the videos (DQX) and comprove for yourself. And please, stop the bias against MMOs O.K.?

Gameplay may have similar elements to the original, but did you have to pay a sub monthly fee when you played the last 9 DQ games? No. That alone will affect this game's sales and its obviously a poor choice, SE thinks they can jump into the MMO business that easily because of brand names, its not gonna work that way.

Especially considering the fact that this game is coming out for the Wii and Wii-U only, it would of lasted a bit longer/sold more if it was released multiplatform to the PCs as well, but I really cant see this game even reaching 500k within a year in Japan and even if it does, I wouldnt be surprised to hear people dropping the game after they finish the single player feature.

Also bias against MMOs, I'm just saying as it is, as a fan its still hard to grasp the thought of playing this game due to the monthly fee, its even harder to even play the game in the coming years like other MMOs, WoW was successful in it, RO was until WoW came and took over it, FFXI/GuildWars/insert any other random MMORPG tried as well but couldnt get the same numbers as WoW.

I'm sure they'll make some profit off of this game which is the sad thing, not only will you be paying for the price of the disc/cover but you'll be paying a monthly fee which is more than what is offered for PC MMORPGs, matterfact the Wii version which comes out will be worse cause of the USB thumbdrive that Ryan posted above you (unless of course they sell that thing bundled with the game and not hike the price).

And you are right, Dragon Quest isnt following the same route as Final Fantasy, its gonna be more of a monkey sink than Final Fantasy XI and XIV (as stated above).

Also no worries about your english, its ok.

I don't know how to say, but I will try. XD

You say the fees can be a problem. For Japan, no. They have a very different culture about fees payment. Monster Hunter 3tri is one game that Japan pay to play, and they are still paying to play the game online nowadays! And we know that Monster Hunter is not so popular in Japan compared to Dragon Quest, particulary in the Home consoles. And Monster Hunter 3tri, has sell more than 1.2 million only in Japan. Sorry but I believe that Dragons Quest X is a totally different proposal compared to FFXI and it is exactly what Japanese Dragon Quest fans are waiting for a long time, a DQ game that you can play and interact with your friends at the same time and in everywhere. For me, Dragon Quest IX was essential for them to realize that and create DQX.

PS.: Sorry again.. Im trying to do my best. I learn English playing videogames.

Ghutto said:
BasilZero said:
Ghutto said:
BasilZero said:

Gameplay may have similar elements to the original, but did you have to pay a sub monthly fee when you played the last 9 DQ games? No. That alone will affect this game's sales and its obviously a poor choice, SE thinks they can jump into the MMO business that easily because of brand names, its not gonna work that way.

Especially considering the fact that this game is coming out for the Wii and Wii-U only, it would of lasted a bit longer/sold more if it was released multiplatform to the PCs as well, but I really cant see this game even reaching 500k within a year in Japan and even if it does, I wouldnt be surprised to hear people dropping the game after they finish the single player feature.

Also bias against MMOs, I'm just saying as it is, as a fan its still hard to grasp the thought of playing this game due to the monthly fee, its even harder to even play the game in the coming years like other MMOs, WoW was successful in it, RO was until WoW came and took over it, FFXI/GuildWars/insert any other random MMORPG tried as well but couldnt get the same numbers as WoW.

I'm sure they'll make some profit off of this game which is the sad thing, not only will you be paying for the price of the disc/cover but you'll be paying a monthly fee which is more than what is offered for PC MMORPGs, matterfact the Wii version which comes out will be worse cause of the USB thumbdrive that Ryan posted above you (unless of course they sell that thing bundled with the game and not hike the price).

And you are right, Dragon Quest isnt following the same route as Final Fantasy, its gonna be more of a monkey sink than Final Fantasy XI and XIV (as stated above).

Also no worries about your english, its ok.

I don't know how to say, but I will try. XD

You say the fees can be a problem. For Japan, no. They have a very different culture about fees payment. Monster Hunter 3tri is one game that Japan pay to play, and they are still paying to play the game online nowadays! And we know that Monster Hunter is not so popular in Japan compared to Dragon Quest, particulary in the Home consoles. And Monster Hunter 3tri, has sell more than 1.2 million only in Japan. Sorry but I believe that Dragons Quest X is a totally different proposal compared to FFXI and it is exactly what Japanese Dragon Quest fans are waiting for a long time, a DQ game that you can play and interact with your friends at the same time and in everywhere. For me, Dragon Quest IX was essential for them to realize that and create DQX.

PS.: Sorry again.. Im trying to do my best. I learn English playing videogames.

Big difference is that MH tri has single player mode... you don't need to pay to play MHtri! DQ has only few hrs of single player... plus MHtri preorders were much much bigger than what DQ is having right now

One thing they did wrong was announcing the game for the Wii U.

I mean, I, for example, wouldn't buy the Wii version for 10 yen, let alone 8.000, knowing that the REAL game would be released later, with better everything - graphics, gameplay, online, etc...

Some months after the Wii launch is the time to announce the better version, not one year before it!

BasilZero said:

Here or in Japan (Squareenix/Nintendo site)? o.O

Also source ;o?

In Japan... why would it be in America?