By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is doomed and here's why

Tagged games:

Is 3DS d0m3d around your area, too?

Yes. 24 19.05%

No. 85 67.46%

See results. 17 13.49%

Total:126

i don't see myself using streetpass, because I think it would use more battery than having the device off. I don't know much about streetpass, but if it's anything like similar programs on the DS, it would use battery power that could be spent playing games. Of course, the XL will have more battery, so maybe I'll use Streetpass. I'll probably use it when I first get it, then if it's too boring, I'll turn Streetpass off.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Problem #1: Many people don't care about StreetPass and would rather play at home. Including yours truly. Unless I'm on vacation.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

This sounds more like people saving their battery than anything else.

Love and tolerate.

actually this is kinda true i mean like i just keep my 3DS because of Pokemon Black 2 and this a DS afterall

This thread makes me imagine using street pass like its a Benny Hill song.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Chark said:
This thread makes me imagine using street pass like its a Benny Hill song.

This might be a noob question, but what is "Street Pass"?

It's a communication system (software) within the 3DS to allow two 3DS' to directly communicate wirelessly, exchanging in-game data and items.

It's the analog of Spot Pass, which is the communication system for the 3DS to communicate with a hotspot (aka a wifi router) and DL info on a game from a vendor's server.

It's not a noob qtn tho, I own a 3DS and it took me time to get exactly what it was, and I even had to wiki it just to be sure I had it right.

BasilZero said:

Exchange in game data and items? Like automatically or searching for people to exchange o.O? (Like pokemon multiplayer is?)

Like, there's this free app that comes with the 3DS called Mii Plaza where you can play games like Find Mii, it's a quest rpg using Miis.

When you meet a person with a 3DS, his Mii gets automatically greeted to your Mii and you can choose to use him as an adventurer to progress in your quest.

I haven't seen much more street pass use in other games but at least there's one example of how it's used. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it's used in the upcoming 3DS pokemon game :)

AndrewWK said:
UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

He also could have been playing Tales of the Abyss, Zelda Oot, Metal Gear 3D, Re Revelations ect. Even if those games were just as simple as angry birds, then that would make them equal. So why the stigma for one, and not the other? Because society says so, which is flawed. If I saw a grown man playing a 3DS I would think he was awesome. I would think he was a gamer like me and we might be able to have a nice little conversation about gaming :D. The Toy aspect doesn't really play that much into it anymore considering how young kids are getting phones these days.

First of all MGS and Zelda where not developed for the 3DS they where just remade, and I agree that those games are far more complex then Doodle Jump Angry Birds and others. And you don´t need to blame the society you need to blame Nintendo. They are aiming for a younger audience with this device, just look at the comercials. Just compare them with the Vita commercials and you will know what I mean.

I hope you don´t misunderstand me. I have played DS, I still do (Pokémon, The Legend of Zeld), and I will buy a 3DS for my sister as a birthday gift. But it is still a toy imo, a very expensive toy.

I see what you are saying. Though I still think society is partially to blame. But I suppose that comes from my own unrelated thoughts about society.

And I'm not misunderstanding you, It's fine we just feel differently about it, no worries :p

People are different. I never took my ds out unless if I was going on a road trip, or some gathering where I know I wold be bored. I used to take my DS out of my house an average of 6 times a year, lol. I just played my handheld at home.

The issue is not how many hits you get. The issue is what do you do with those?

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938