Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is doomed and here's why

Tagged games:

Is 3DS d0m3d around your area, too?

Yes. 24 19.05%

No. 85 67.46%

See results. 17 13.49%

Total:126
Galaki said:

When taking my 3DS with me to and from work. 1 of which is during rush hour, in public transit.

By that, I would have streetpassed a lot of people if the 3DS were actually popular.

I also hardly ever see people playing on a 3DS other than small children.

3DS seems to be picky or of small range. We had 2 systems with us and only one picked up 2 passes.

Why should your system pick up the same people over and over? Going to work is like meeting 80% of the crowd again and again.

Small children play in public. Mature people don't, they always act like reading newspapers or being on the phone makes them look seriously busy. Teenagers don't because they simply want to be cool all day.

Mystery solved.

Around the Network

Streetpass seems to be a a feature purely designed for the Japanese. I've only seen one person carry a 3ds in public here in Sydney yet it's the fastest selling console in the country. I'm pretty sure more people play these devices at home than some might believe.

3DS is for little children, that is obvious. If I would see a 30 years old grown play it in the train I would laugh until my pants get wet.

AndrewWK said:
3DS is for little children, that is obvious. If I would see a 30 years old grown play it in the train I would laugh until my pants get wet.

That's such a huge problem with society imo. That same man could be playing angry birds on his iphone and nobody would question him. But if he plays a superior game on a superior gaming machine, he is ridiculed. Society is far too superficial and ignorant for it's own good. (not attacking you personally)

UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:

That's such a huge problem with society imo. That same man could be playing angry birds on his iphone and nobody would question him. But if he plays a superior game on a superior gaming machine, he is ridiculed. Society is far too superficial and ignorant for it's own good. (not attacking you personally)

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

Around the Network

Yeah I don't see the big deal either. I also rarely saw someone, maybe two or three ever, with a DS, yet apparently there are 152 million of those things.

So if math serves me right, if I saw 3 out of 152 million, I've seen 0.36 out of 18 million by now. So there needs to be 50.7 million 3DS' sold before I see one on the street. So somewhere around 2014 should be right.

Also, if memory serves, I've only ever seen one PSP in real life (not counting the one my cousin has). That means 1 out of 72 million, so yeah, I'm never gonna see a Vita in the wild.

No kiddin'. :P

*Disclaimer: I didn't really pay attention back then who played what.

AndrewWK said:
UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

So it is somehow humourous that the weekend before last I (I'm 19 and therefore can be classified as an adult) played Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones   on my 3DS while on the London Underground?  I fail to see how.

Actually, my experience in London implies the opposite.  In the last academic year (since September), I've seen scores of people play on a 3DS, or more commonly a DS, while on the London Underground and other rail services in the city.  I've seen a variety of ages (though nobody elderly), including children, teenagers, people who I assume are businessmen, and middle age women.  They are nowhere near as common as e-readers, smartphones or newspapers, but I would say I've seen more with a DS, PSP or 3DS (I have yet to see a PSV on public transport) than with a tablet, but I do accept the possibility that due to my interest in gaming I am far more likely to notice the game handheld.  I honestly don't see the problem here.

The 3ds will gather sales momentum soon.

Meh, everyone said Wii was a fad not that long into it's life cycle either. Although it's sales are basically dead in comparison to where they were, it sold well and beat the competition for years. The Vita is doomed, to say the 3ds is doomed is basically saying the future of handhelds are doomed. How many times have we heard that argument?

Too many.

Nothing new here.. 3ds is doomed, vita is doomed, console gaming is doomed, pc gaming is doomed. We are all d00med!! PROBLEM??