Tagged games:

Is 3DS d0m3d around your area, too?

Yes. 24 19.05%

No. 85 67.46%

See results. 17 13.49%

Total:126

I wish I had an iPad Nano. :/

Around the Network

I actually saw a guy with a Vita playing MGS this past weekend, another a week before and a kid in Subway. I actually havent seen alot of 3ds, but i do still see regular Ds. I do get some hits whenever i do take my 3ds with me

AndrewWK said:
UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:
3DS is for little children, that is obvious. If I would see a 30 years old grown play it in the train I would laugh until my pants get wet.

That's such a huge problem with society imo. That same man could be playing angry birds on his iphone and nobody would question him. But if he plays a superior game on a superior gaming machine, he is ridiculed. Society is far too superficial and ignorant for it's own good. (not attacking you personally)

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

yeah because you cant play RE, Metal Gear, Tales of, Super Street Fighter etc on 3ds. The ignorance is funny

Soriku said:
Who plays their handhelds on the go anyway?

I only play my handhelds on the go, why the hell would i play them at home unless its a REALLY good game ala KH BBS

oniyide said:
Soriku said:
Who plays their handhelds on the go anyway?

I only play my handhelds on the go, why the hell would i play them at home unless its a REALLY good game ala KH BBS

Which most games on Handhelds are good.... :3

Around the Network

I tend to play mine at home more too. I do take my 3DS with me occasionally, but since I don't ride the train or anything I usually find myself not having time to play it out of the house.

The handheld gaming market for older teens and adults is kaput. Smartphones and tablets have killed that need, not just through their own games, but all the various options they offer -- Twitter, checking email, web browsing, video, music, Facebook, etc. etc. etc.

Now if you have 15-20 minutes to kill, your cell phone offers like 10 different ways to keep you occupied.

Gaming handhelds will still have a market in Japan (where they have replaced the traditional home game console) and in the West with kids, but that's it.

3DS has a shot because it has Mario/Pokemon/Zelda/etc. Vita is just plain screwed though.

Galaki said:

By that, I would have streetpassed a lot of people if the 3DS were actually popular.

There's a bit of a flaw in that logic; you don't take into account the popularity of StreetPass among 3DS owners. I have friends who have no interest whatsoever in streetpassing. They only take their 3DS out of the house with them when they actually intend to play games, and they probably never activated StreetPass Mii Plaza. I suspect that somewhere in the vicinity of 40-60% of 3DS owners actually use StreetPass, though of course this is pure conjecture on my part.

However, when you said, "Streetpass features failed hard on getting people to carry their 3DS on the go," I think you hit the nail on the head, for the reasons I just mentioned. Too many owners are simply uninterested in what StreetPass has to offer. I wouldn't exactly call StreetPass a failure, but I don't think it has yet had the effect Nintendo intends for it. I'm sure in Japan it's working wonderfully, and perhaps as the install base grows in the West, urban areas will start to benefit more greatly from StreetPass. But it's never going to become huge in the suburbs.

Of course the 3DS is struggling in the West, but that's about to turn around. It's hard to say what the 3DS's situation will be a year from now, but I think the console is far from doomed.

oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:
UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:
3DS is for little children, that is obvious. If I would see a 30 years old grown play it in the train I would laugh until my pants get wet.

That's such a huge problem with society imo. That same man could be playing angry birds on his iphone and nobody would question him. But if he plays a superior game on a superior gaming machine, he is ridiculed. Society is far too superficial and ignorant for it's own good. (not attacking you personally)

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

yeah because you cant play RE, Metal Gear, Tales of, Super Street Fighter etc on 3ds. The ignorance is funny

I do not understand your statement.

AndrewWK said:
oniyide said:
AndrewWK said:

I do not understand your statement.

He's saying you're cherrypicking, and I'll add, kind of proving UnitSmiley's original point.