By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is doomed and here's why

Tagged games:

Is 3DS d0m3d around your area, too?

Yes. 24 19.05%

No. 85 67.46%

See results. 17 13.49%

Total:126

i disable my street pass haha. my guess is many would too.

maybe i should open up to the streets aye. just so you can get a hit.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:
3DS is for little children, that is obvious. If I would see a 30 years old grown play it in the train I would laugh until my pants get wet.

That's such a huge problem with society imo. That same man could be playing angry birds on his iphone and nobody would question him. But if he plays a superior game on a superior gaming machine, he is ridiculed. Society is far too superficial and ignorant for it's own good. (not attacking you personally)

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

He also could have been playing Tales of the Abyss, Zelda Oot, Metal Gear 3D, Re Revelations ect. Even if those games were just as simple as angry birds, then that would make them equal. So why the stigma for one, and not the other? Because society says so, which is flawed. If I saw a grown man playing a 3DS I would think he was awesome. I would think he was a gamer like me and we might be able to have a nice little conversation about gaming :D. The Toy aspect doesn't really play that much into it anymore considering how young kids are getting phones these days.

Why do we even allow flaming threads like these? Because the ancient troller Galaki makes them?

It would be fine to say "The 3DS seems to sell like shit where I live." not "I don't see any 3DSs around here, the entire system must be doomed!"

||TheOne1|| -> That's what's funny, is that he purposefully employs whacked logic in imitation of other doomsdayers.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

I don't pass/see anyone playing any handhelds.

..Becuase I don't go outside. c:

You're doomed. :o

I remind you that people are still attached to their ds, considering by now it has an arsenal of games available for it. The 3DS is still new, give it some time. I bet by the time the next poke-mon game (ver copper,tin,adamantium or whatever) The 3DS sales would sky-rocket.

Around the Network

i'm not sure about doomed but i have seen a lot of kids playing with iphone/itouch when it used to be only DSs. it's probably 50/50ish now from what i've seen.

MrT-Tar said:
AndrewWK said:
UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:
3DS is for little children, that is obvious. If I would see a 30 years old grown play it in the train I would laugh until my pants get wet.

That's such a huge problem with society imo. That same man could be playing angry birds on his iphone and nobody would question him. But if he plays a superior game on a superior gaming machine, he is ridiculed. Society is far too superficial and ignorant for it's own good. (not attacking you personally)

You think Super Mario is superior to angry birds? I am not defending Angry birds, but Super Mario is just as simple.

And don´t tell me you don´t think it is funny when a grown up plays 3DS. This is a toy, just like an action figure, and if you look at the games line up most of the titles are suited for kids. Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario cart, Nintendogs and many more.

So it is somehow humourous that the weekend before last I (I'm 19 and therefore can be classified as an adult) played Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones   on my 3DS while on the London Underground?  I fail to see how.

Actually, my experience in London implies the opposite.  In the last academic year (since September), I've seen scores of people play on a 3DS, or more commonly a DS, while on the London Underground and other rail services in the city.  I've seen a variety of ages (though nobody elderly), including children, teenagers, people who I assume are businessmen, and middle age women.  They are nowhere near as common as e-readers, smartphones or newspapers, but I would say I've seen more with a DS, PSP or 3DS (I have yet to see a PSV on public transport) than with a tablet, but I do accept the possibility that due to my interest in gaming I am far more likely to notice the game handheld.  I honestly don't see the problem here.

Well a tablet is no a real portable device, it is too big. I mean have seen some people using it but not many. Most people buy it and keep it at home, because most tablets are useless imo. People still use more Notebooks, for work games, movies music then anything else that is my ecperience at least.

You don´t need to attack me, it is a Nintendo cliche. Most of there devieces are suited for kids up to 12 years. My Ex-Girlfriend told me that most Wii or DS where bought by parents and Grandparents as a gift for the lttle ones.

UnitSmiley said:
AndrewWK said:

He also could have been playing Tales of the Abyss, Zelda Oot, Metal Gear 3D, Re Revelations ect. Even if those games were just as simple as angry birds, then that would make them equal. So why the stigma for one, and not the other? Because society says so, which is flawed. If I saw a grown man playing a 3DS I would think he was awesome. I would think he was a gamer like me and we might be able to have a nice little conversation about gaming :D. The Toy aspect doesn't really play that much into it anymore considering how young kids are getting phones these days.

First of all MGS and Zelda where not developed for the 3DS they where just remade, and I agree that those games are far more complex then Doodle Jump Angry Birds and others. And you don´t need to blame the society you need to blame Nintendo. They are aiming for a younger audience with this device, just look at the comercials. Just compare them with the Vita commercials and you will know what I mean.

I hope you don´t misunderstand me. I have played DS, I still do (Pokémon, The Legend of Zeld), and I will buy a 3DS for my sister as a birthday gift. But it is still a toy imo, a very expensive toy.

AndrewWK said:

First of all MGS and Zelda where not developed for the 3DS they where just remade, and I agree that those games are far more complex then Doodle Jump Angry Birds and others. And you don´t need to blame the society you need to blame Nintendo. They are aiming for a younger audience with this device, just look at the comercials. Just compare them with the Vita commercials and you will know what I mean.

I hope you don´t misunderstand me. I have played DS, I still do (Pokémon, The Legend of Zeld), and I will buy a 3DS for my sister as a birthday gift. But it is still a toy imo, a very expensive toy.

Just remade is a big word. I remember reading up on Zelda, and the amount of work just to get the OoT sound to be mimicked by the 3DS audio hardware was a science of its own. I know what you mean, but not all remasters are equal.

I have a picture from my area:

As you can see, in my region everyone has a 3DS and always holds it up in the air, so that it can do Streetpass without problems. That's just a random photopgraph, streets here look always like this. Obviously the 3DS is doomed, as everyone already has one, no one buys them (except it is broken).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]