By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Mod Application

Khuutra said:
Jay520 said:

From what I've noticed, he logs in frequently, but doesn't always post. He may become more active if he were a mod. Also not sure who infinity2k9 is, nor how you know him yet I don't.

Honestly, Reasonable is the only active member who would do a good job imo. I think VGchartz should have 'weekly mods'. Each week, the community would vote for a mod to join the current mod team. The elected mod member would only last a week and he should have less power than a true mod (can't permaban users, etc). This would allow a dynamic and democratic system of power for the community. Or maybe do 'monthly mods'.

Or if you think that's too much power, make it so that every week, the elected mod would only have a day of power, instead of a week. Yeah, I like that idea. Throughout the week every week, users would vote for one person. And maybe only users with 1000 posts could vote. At the end of the week, the person with the most votes will have a little mod power for one day.

I think mod teams function best as dictatorships, albeit benevolent ones.

Democratically elected moderator teams, in my experience, do not do too well

Are you referring to Axumblade?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Khuutra said:

I don't understand what you're asking, here. Do you mean, am I referring to the application process as a democratic election? In that case, no.

If I apply can I omit the question about how I facilitate conversation?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

man-bear-pig said:

ME!!!!*

*Pending mod clarification.

Lol, wut? Haha... it's OK MBP... don't be too sad when you aren't accepted.

Maybe what we need is a reality show to decide our new mods. It could be called "VGCHARTZ got Mods" Each week the applicants will have to mod on stage and the current mods will score their performances. A phone vote will be used to seperate the bottom two each week. The loser each week will have this soon to be immortal catchphrase said to them by axumblade "you've been Ban Hammered!" It's a million Dollar idea!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Jay520 said:
Khuutra said:

I don't understand what you're asking, here. Do you mean, am I referring to the application process as a democratic election? In that case, no.

And i couldn't agree more.  The issue with democractically elected mods is that it can too often lead to turning a site to a fan site where mods end up playing favorites to the majority penalizing people with unpopular opinions that don't cross the line, or only do so much as the other people in the thread.

Ill tell you what. Because I dont have a good, working computer at the minute. Im not gonna bother this time.

When I get my computer. When I can properly commit, Ill mail you. Itll be late, but Ill see what you think.

You know, I think I'd make a pretty decent mod. I'm here every day and I know a lot about boobies (the unspoken mod requirement). The only thing stopping me is that I come to this site for relaxation. Being a mod looks like it would be hard work. I respect you guys for getting your hands dirty!

man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
I'd say 'Reasonable' would be a fitting mod. I may not have always agrees with his posts, but the man never made a post that wasn't reasonable imo. He's one of the two members on this site who truly bases his views of a subject exclusively on the substance of each subject. Unlike most people here who's views are based on whether or not it supports or is against his favored their favored company. Most may not be trolls or fanboys, but when a persons posts are heavily skewed in favor of one company, while against another, it really shows that his bias is a large factor in his posting habits.

He's hardly ever online though. The last thing we need is another infinity2k9...

Infinity2k9 wasn't a moderator, he was an admin in charge of website development.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
I'd say 'Reasonable' would be a fitting mod. I may not have always agrees with his posts, but the man never made a post that wasn't reasonable imo. He's one of the two members on this site who truly bases his views of a subject exclusively on the substance of each subject. Unlike most people here who's views are based on whether or not it supports or is against his favored their favored company. Most may not be trolls or fanboys, but when a persons posts are heavily skewed in favor of one company, while against another, it really shows that his bias is a large factor in his posting habits.

He's hardly ever online though. The last thing we need is another infinity2k9...

Infinity2k9 wasn't a moderator, he was an admin in charge of website development.

He had the green moderator banner.