By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
pezus said:
But Italy won Germany...

And? England beat Spain in November, so does that mean England is better? No.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
We won and it was well deserved.

I thought you were Australian...

There's nothing worse than lose a final. The winner takes it all and soon no one will remember that you came 2nd and if they do, they remember you as a loser. Like Holland 2010 and now Italy. It just sucks to be them.

Spain still the best team in the world by a mile. Only team in the tournament able to keep Pirlo out of the game. They may have missed Villa and his lethality in front of goal, but they were like a scorpion without a sting; they kill you with their claws instead.

Hart and Castillas are the best keepers in the world

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Hart and Castillas are the best keepers in the world

yes
no

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I wonder what will happen in the future. Spain is so dominant like no other generation of a national football team has been in history.

Damn Holland invented total football but exported it to Span and Barcelona in the 80's and now it's transformed into tiki-taka in the Spanish national team and all of a sudden they're invincible. Meanwhile Holland is gone back to England loser style football (or are they trying a poor man's Germany, I don't know). Damn England and Holland, why can't you be good?

What should the other teams do? Try to counter it like Portugal and Italy tried by hard pressing, or by extreme defense that most teams do, or should you just rely on your own style like Germany?`Or should you try to copy tiki-taka? Will we see a top nation try to copy tiki-taka?

Congratulations to Spain!

kowenicki said:
haxxiy said:
Spain-Germany finals would have been better. Spain is just too good for Italy.

Italy battered Germany and Italy could and should have beaten Spain in the group game earlier in the tournament... do not underestimate how important Casillas was in the first half of this game and going down to 10 men.

Germany played a better game, but Balotelli was on a pretty good day. Battered? Yeah, right...

Anyways Spain was already 2-0 before their coach did the third substitution ten minutes into the game. Everybody knows the risks that come with it, namely one of the players having an injury. Casillas just did his job like Buffon and all the other goalkeepers did during the whole cup, including the aforementioned Buffon. This smells like overwhelming exception fallacy to me - besides the shoots the goalkeeper defended, the goals Spain did and Italy's bad calls, Italy could have won... I think I'm missing what winning on football means, since apparently it isn't neither keep goals from happening and scoring them. 

I think you are just envious England isn't even top five in Europe...

I want to point out that Spain won this without one of their premier scorers, Villa, and without one of their absolutely amazing defenders all around, Puyol. If those two had been in the tournament this would have been just embarrassing for every other team.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835